05-22-2007, 04:01 PM
This carburetor is eating my lunch. The first problem was I had someone work on it, that suposably had a working knowledge of carburetor repair. When I removed the carburetor from my D6, I found the bowl drain plug loose and leaking fuel and the main passage plug laying on the pony engine head. I got a repair kit and then attempted to repair the carburetor. I found the following problems in side the carburetor itself. The main seat jet for the float was froze and could not be removed. The well-metering seat was froze and could not be removed. One of the legs that the hinge pin goes through was eaten away at the top, so the float is held in place only by the one good leg. I measure the float drop and it was correct. I then cleaned all the passages, jets and seats by blowing them out with air and runing a small wire through them. I put the carburetor back together and put it on the D6. The engine starts and runs well. The problem is I have no control on the idli speed at all. At idli speed the engin runs at around 1800 rpms and at high idli speed around 3200 rpms. I can not recall where I read it at but if I recall correctly it should be aroud 850rpms. Screwing in or out on either the idli speed adjustment screw or the high speed adjustment screw has no effect on the engine. I also played with the idling speed control screw and it has no effect. Any recommendation on what to do next. The engine runs well enough to start the D6 with no problem. At this point all I can say is Help.