PDA

View Full Version : Took Bad Business For A Quick Dip Today

King of Obsolete
12-08-2006, 05:47 PM
it warmed up in the KINGDOM today so i decided to do a little torching on BAD BUSINESS. it is a good thing because less then an hour later i took BAD BUSINESS swimming (just a quick dip). behind the KINGDOM is a cat train trail that has a good swamp which i use for testing to see how frozen it is. well it is not frozen and lots of water. wow is all i had to say when BAD BUSINESS stopped dead. i was lucky with the holes in the pads and the cats just backed out very carefully without the track jamming up.

thansk

gwhdiesel75
12-09-2006, 07:51 AM
It may have "warmed up" but it looks darn cold to me. GWH

King of Obsolete
12-09-2006, 09:01 AM
the temperature went to +1C over night, not good when you are marketing the great white north. LOL

thansk

bernie
12-09-2006, 09:27 AM
Hi KOO-(sounds like a martial arts name or something).

Just curious, is that a pan of water on the fender?

I just noticed the holes in the track...and the strike wand...never mind! Thanks for all the posts. Great pictures, etc.

bernie

King of Obsolete
12-09-2006, 03:53 PM
i was torching the holes in the pads to let the wet snow and water pass thru, if you don't the tracks will lock right up. i checked the swamp today and if i had made it another length of the cat it would have been 6 feet of water then mud. WOW EH!!!!!!

thansk

SJ
12-09-2006, 04:01 PM
Bernie I noticed that too & I thought maybe it was a big pan of hot soup to eat to keep warm, just kidding, but yes I wondered when I spotted it yesterday what it was on there for.

gwhdiesel75
12-09-2006, 05:41 PM
KOO, if 0 degrees Centigrade is the same as our 32 F., then 1 degree would be slightly above freezing; and indeed, warm for this time of year up there. No wonder there was slush instead of ice. GWH

King of Obsolete
12-09-2006, 06:15 PM
yes it is warm and melting but the stuff is not frozen even when the temp drops to -40C. the ground did not freeze in the fall and is warm with all the snow on top. that swamp should have at least 2 inch of ice but it is just water. i call it my test swamp behind the KINGDOM. i have sunk everything i own in there and this is the first time i have sunk a cat so close to shore. usually i sink in the middle where the water runs thru. very strange year this year for sure and caught me by surprise.

check out these pictures of water flowing at -40C.

http://kingofobsolete.ca/COLT-60'S_WINTER_ROAD_WEBPAGE.htm

thansk