PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a few pull grader pictures

chriscokid
07-25-2012, 01:00 PM
I was wondering if anyone could help me find a few pull grader pictures?
Here is a list of what i need to complete my list:

Caterpillar Pull grader:
Caterpillar Model 50 grader

Russell Pull grader: pre 1928
Russell Kid, Roadster, Pony, Giant, Traction special, Reliance, Special, Mogual, Motor Patrol # 4, 5, 6, Russell # 10 and 15 Motor Patrol
Russell A, B and B heavy elevating grader
Russell 42 C and Giant elevating grader

They need to be at least 600 dpi. If anyone can help please contact me at chapter12@acmoc.org

Thanks!

hicrop10
07-25-2012, 03:54 PM
Erik,you just want to make me check the deepest,darkest part of my file cabinets.No problem I will look some more.If you don't hear from me, send the blood hounds cause I must have found some interesting reading.Hope all is well.Mike

chriscokid
07-25-2012, 05:55 PM
Mike,
You have helped in so many ways but these are the few that remain thanks in advance.

Old_n_slo
07-25-2012, 07:21 PM
Have you tried a google search?

I just typed in Russel A grader and found more than a handful. They may not be all correct, but you'll be the judge of that.

Click on "Images" on the left side results page. This will return only images, and not web pages.

chriscokid
07-25-2012, 07:32 PM
I have search Google but the pics i find are a low resolution and not very good quality.
I would really like a picture similar to the ones found in the russell catalogs and sales brochures.

Rome K/G
07-25-2012, 07:44 PM
This help?

jbernd56
07-26-2012, 11:00 AM
That's a nice looking grader. However if you pull it with a 75 for very long and dig just a little deep, you will break the hitch! I was at the show and just happened to be going by on the tram and got this pic.

Rome K/G
07-26-2012, 06:57 PM
Well the tongue should not be bent in the arch it is, due to someone elses operator error, I went over a small ridge and thats when it broke, the metal was all rusty where it was cracked long ago.

Rome K/G
07-26-2012, 07:13 PM
If you zoom in on the hictch you can see that the ring is bent up and the tongue is bent in an arch, when the front of the tractor went down after crossing a ridge the ring snapped off. When the HCEA restored this grader they forgot to fix the most obvious.

10ec
11-27-2012, 07:01 PM
I don't think this is what you are looking for, but thought I would show my little grader. My father rescued it from a fence row several years ago. Plans are to restore it when I can find the time.

D6c10K
11-27-2012, 08:04 PM
When I stopped at the local scrap yard the other day they had an Adams grader (maybe a No.5?) that someone had brought in for scrap. It's in very nice working condition.....can't imagine why someone would sell it by the ton.

Fortunately the scrapper saved it and parked it out front as a lawn ornament. Didn't try to buy it, but I imagine for the right price.....

If I get back one of these days I'll take a picture.