PDA

View Full Version : Transport Michigan to NY?

Neil
02-26-2013, 10:09 AM
Folks, I picked up a D2 in MI - wondering if anyone has space going from Marlette MI (north of Detroit) to Rochester NY (on I-90)? If not, I'll go the uShip route.

(Admins - please move if this post is in the wrong place)
Cheers,
Neil

Steve A
02-26-2013, 09:05 PM
Neil

I am considering going to the Logue auction, If I do we might work something out.

Neil
02-26-2013, 09:20 PM
Sounds good Steve, let me know either way. I can't do the Ontario trip as my passport's expired (plus I hate driving anyway heh : )
Cheers,
Neil

thomas84
02-27-2013, 12:24 AM
Im considering the Logue Auction as well, If Steve A. doesnt make the trip... let me know! It might be incentive for me to attend the auction. (not to buy, just to gauk and take pics. of cats I usualy dont get the chance to see).... and im from West Michigan, Im probably departing from Saginaw mi, after dropping off my wife and son at her sisters for a weekend of shopping...

Neil
02-28-2013, 10:13 AM
This would be great guys and obviously I can take care of appropriate reimbursement. I didn't realize that the Logue auction was in east-central PA so it's not a bad route for you (and I might see if I can stitch up a trip down there myself for a look see). Would you go across Ontario? If you did, then it wouldn't be much out of the way, looking at the map.
The D2 doesn't run (well, at least I doubt it runs because it's sat a while - heck I don't even know if it rolls) but there's someone in Marlette to help load it so there'll be no issue at that end. Where I want to drop it off though doesn't have a loading bank so either we need a beavertail or I'll get it dropped off somewhere with a bank or a forklift.

Cheers,
Neil

Neil
03-29-2013, 10:50 AM
Steve/Thomas, figuring that you probably know either way whether you're going. No problem if you're not (or aren't able to transport my rig) - I certainly appreciate the offer.

By the way, if anyone from Southeast OH is coming up this way, I have a winch (for said tractor) I need brought over - any takers? : )

Cheers
Neil

Neil
04-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Hi all, I'm still available to subsidize someone's trip to the Logue auction if they can bring my D2 from Marlette MI to Rochester NY, which is about 2hrs from the Logue place (I'm heading down there for a look see).
Cheers,
Neil

dpendzic
04-11-2013, 08:36 AM
Neil---did you get your D2 ?

Neil
04-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Not yet Dan - I'll put it on uShip - they're charging about 800 clams. I have a winch down by Cincinnati I need to get brought over too (major contributor to the transportation industry : )

Cheers,
Neil

dpendzic
04-11-2013, 12:39 PM
I here ya! You need a HD pickup and equipment trailer for all your stuff now. I have a 5 ton trailer but its at its limit+ with my D2. Wish I had got the 6 ton--was the same price at the time.

Neil
04-11-2013, 08:46 PM
You know, I've thought about a sideline hiring out trailers. I don't really want one other than the twice-per-year I'd use it. Figure maybe if it rent it out by the half-day, I could get it to pay for itself. Probably more trouble than it's worth. I moved my 3J with blade on a 10k bumper hitch behind the F350 once but would much prefer the safety (and sideways looks from the cops) of a gooseneck.
Cheers,
Neil.

drujinin
04-12-2013, 08:35 AM
A fellow rented the biggest U-Haul truck and put a D2 with Blade in it.
Its an option!

U-Haul also has a 9000 lb capacity trailer that works good for 1 way trips.
I've hauled tractors that way too!

I bought a Tri-Axle with Brakes and a Pintle Hitch cheap on Craigslist that I haul my stuff on.
I have a couple of friends with bigger trucks that I can borrow when the distance gets farther than I want to haul with my pickup.

dpendzic
04-12-2013, 03:20 PM
You know, I've thought about a sideline hiring out trailers. I don't really want one other than the twice-per-year I'd use it. Figure maybe if it rent it out by the half-day, I could get it to pay for itself. Probably more trouble than it's worth. I moved my 3J with blade on a 10k bumper hitch behind the F350 once but would much prefer the safety (and sideways looks from the cops) of a gooseneck.
Cheers,
Neil.

Neil-if you have a 350 thats good for towing--better yet if its a dually. I towed my 4U with blade with my gmc 2500, 10k bumper hitch 200 miles from Ma to Long Island. Power and stability was fine but I had to be careful on braking distance! :jaw:

fred hogan
04-12-2013, 10:24 PM
Hi Neil, I got over to Chuck's farm. I had to fend off his "attack duck". It presented a new challenge. The AFLAC duck would stand no chance. The winch is loaded in my pickup and ready to go. I'll see you tomorrow. With that winch in the back, I'm going to see if I can do some wheelies......fred hogan

Steve/Thomas, figuring that you probably know either way whether you're going. No problem if you're not (or aren't able to transport my rig) - I certainly appreciate the offer.

By the way, if anyone from Southeast OH is coming up this way, I have a winch (for said tractor) I need brought over - any takers? : )

Cheers
Neil

chuckb
04-13-2013, 09:22 AM
Good luck with the wheelies Fred, I believe that we settled the springs a little bit. That darn duck was put out in front of the house by some kind person just before Easter so he thinks he belongs here not interested in any of the other wildlife in the 40 acre detention pond just across the road so we have to deal with him, my wife thinks that he is a nice duck!

Neil
04-14-2013, 09:32 AM
Many thanks Chuck for helping load the winch on to Fred's truck, and to Fred for bringing it to NY for me (and running the gauntlet of the killer attack duck), and Joel for the transfer at his place. Now, a) find the control lever, installation and operator's manual for it, and b) to get the target tractor over from MI. For the price of uShip, I could get a turnoverball hitch fitted and then I could go get it myself, taking the shortcut across Ontario....hmmm there's an idea. The problem then is that my daughter will hit me up to put a horse trailer behind it - decisions, decisions..Still willing to pay someone else to bring it though as driving's about my least favorite activity (being a former truck driver)

Cheers
Neil

chuckb
04-14-2013, 11:09 AM
Neil sounds like you have part of the project, contact Steve Sabo Target Transport about the d2 574 536 5629