PDA

View Full Version : D2 Problems ???

MyOlD2
05-04-2013, 08:38 PM
I am having a steering problem with my D2 5J .It is all i can do to make it turn left when going down hill.
When going up hill it will turn left with no problem.Any help with this would be appreciated.
Thanks

Neil
05-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Sounds like you might need to adjust your left brake
Cheers,
Neil

n7gxz
05-04-2013, 09:56 PM
What procedure are you using to turn left when going down hill? The steering is backwords going down hill. To turn left you release the right clutch.

Kevin

MyOlD2
05-05-2013, 10:46 AM
Sounds like you might need to adjust your left brake
Cheers,
Neil
Left brake adjusted all the way.I guess replacing brakes is quite a big job.
Thanks for your suggestion.

MyOlD2
05-05-2013, 11:01 AM
What procedure are you using to turn left when going down hill? The steering is backwords going down hill. To turn left you release the right clutch.

Kevin

To turn left going down hill i pull back on left lever and press on left brake.I thought this should stop the left track.
When going up hill i just pull back left lever and it turns left without pressing left brake.
I will try your method .Thanks for your response.

ccjersey
05-05-2013, 05:11 PM
That technique of pulling the opposite side steering clutch only works if you have a load pushing you or the downhill is very steep.

Might check that there is not oil collected in the steering clutch compartment so the brake drum is oily. The compartment can be flushed with solvent to remove accumlated sludge and then filled with enough solvent to clean the drum as the tractor is driven forward and back while applying the brakes lightly. if that does not work and there is no more adjustment, then the final drive must come off to replace brake lining.

MyOlD2
05-05-2013, 06:08 PM
That technique of pulling the opposite side steering clutch only works if you have a load pushing you or the downhill is very steep.

Might check that there is not oil collected in the steering clutch compartment so the brake drum is oily. The compartment can be flushed with solvent to remove accumlated sludge and then filled with enough solvent to clean the drum as the tractor is driven forward and back while applying the brakes lightly. if that does not work and there is no more adjustment, then the final drive must come off to replace brake lining.

Thanks for the information.I will try your suggestions.