PDA

View Full Version : Recieved e-mail from support@acmoc.org

Rodten
08-20-2013, 08:22 PM
I recieved an e-mail from support@acmoc.org stating: Hello Rodten,

"You have been added as a User to Antique Caterpillar Machinery Owners Club by an Administrator.

This email contains your username and password to log in to http://adcoagency.com/~acmoc/dev/

Username: Rodten
Password:

Please do not respond to this message as it is automatically generated and is for information purposes only."

I clicked on the link given an put in the username given but my password for the acmoc site does nothing. Is this e-mail for real or a scam?

edb
08-20-2013, 08:46 PM
Hi Rodten,
got the same thing, put in user name and password and the box just kept coming back empty ??? Not computer lterate here so I may be missing the point as some Admin people use IT speak.
I used to have IT problems at The Dealer with IT speak not being deciferable by us humble Mechanics that are entrusted to fix multi million dollar computer controlled machines.
Keep smiling.
Cheers,
Eddie B.

Catmatt
08-21-2013, 04:25 AM
I got the same email. I believe this website has been hacked. If you entered in your username password change it asap. I forwarded my email to dave wintermute this am so they can figure out what happened. I knew something was suspicious as I have been really busy with work and have not been on this website in months, yet I got an email.

Matt

chriscokid
08-21-2013, 04:39 AM
looks like everyone got the same message, not sure if it was part of the upgrade or what?

Neil
08-21-2013, 05:14 AM
Hi folks
I sent a message yesterday to Megan the admin, and she wrote that she was running some tests which sent out these emails. In theory nothing should have changed for us users, but if you're having issues, send a message to "adco" for help.
Cheers,
Neil

Rodten
08-21-2013, 05:53 AM
Neil,
Thanks. That is what I was hopeing, but I wanted to make sure.

ronm
08-21-2013, 07:43 AM
http://www.acmoc.org/bb/showthread.php?19136-quot-New-User-Details-quot-email