PDA

View Full Version : Not my week

D2 Cody
03-19-2015, 05:09 PM
Hi Guys,

Well we got the D6c's transmission oil leak fixed this last weekend and moved back to the jobsite Monday. We ran it and no leaks so all seems good there,then today happened and i should of just stayed in bed.I was just knocking the last dirt ribbon down and finish grading and the next thing i know crack,snapple,pop,the right hand side track breaks.I immediately got the dozer stopped and shut down and further inspection revealed a broken link,pin,and bushing,and one hella a mess lol.Just last week I posted on here that I was looking for an undercarriage knowing that mine was getting pretty bad.I found one that is supposibly 80 percent or better but I still needa go look at it.My question is it is off of a D6D and mine is a D6C 76A model. Im wanting to slide the whole car out from under mine and put the whole car from the D back under mine,if this wont work will the rails, sprockets,rollers,carrier rollers,idlers,and etc. atleast bolt up?Im wanting to get it fixed ASAP as we are swamped with work and dont have time for any down time.Any help will be greatly appreciated.Thanks again
Cody

seiscat
03-19-2015, 05:57 PM
The tracks from a standard D6D(36 link) will interchange. There is a long roller frame version which is 3 links longer(39 links). The D6D bottom rollers have larger attaching bolts, but with a simple press you can put your small bolt collars on. I am not positive if the entire roller frame will interchange, but it is possible. Someone will probably reply with the answer.
Good Luck,
Craig

Old Magnet
03-19-2015, 08:41 PM
The track frame and diagonal brace are different part numbers but there is still a good chance the assembly will interchange. They do use the same bearing shells in the diagonal brace.