PDA

View Full Version : Another pony motor start video that will make you cringe....

Sasquatch
08-30-2015, 08:57 PM
Watched this video a few minutes ago, by the 1:20 mark I had already saw this guy almost break his wrist cranking the pony incorrectly, then nearly caused the pony rods to ventilate the block by over-revving it as he held the pinion engaged with the lever well after the diesel roared to life. Not trying to be negative toward anyone or be offensive, just wanted to share another example of people abusing pony motors.:fear::scared:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzX7wtXaio0

Bruce P
08-30-2015, 09:12 PM
Glad it's his and not mine. Old gal must be tough.
Bruce P

dpendzic
08-30-2015, 09:41 PM
I always pull trees and logs from the butt end so that the branch cutoffs don't snag everything on the ground

Rome K/G
08-30-2015, 11:12 PM
Fully restored???? ok..... sounds like the transmission is about to go out , engine spits n sputters blue smoke. pins in the rails are seized up. needs seat cushions. My D2 could have pulled that straight twig out! lol he's going to loose some teeth one of these times starting it like that! lol

MARCOTEN
08-31-2015, 05:40 AM
fully respraypainted, nice machine tough, it just need some tlc

drujinin
08-31-2015, 06:44 AM
Nice dead fall tree! See the butt end was snapped off. By pulling it the way he did, he didn't have to limb it! Hope he pressure washes the dirt off before making firewood out of it! Dirt is tough on Chains and Bars......

bryani289swmi
08-31-2015, 06:55 AM
X2 on dragging from the but end. That looks like an ash tree to me, it's a scene being repeated at my place as I'm using as many of the dead ash trees as I can for firewood. Thanks.

Bryan

Neil
08-31-2015, 01:40 PM
We just got our first official confirmation of emerald ash borer in Monroe County so there's plenty of spare ash to go round here now...