PDA

View Full Version : Cat Sixty Manifolds and Parts

Rome K/G
09-28-2015, 06:56 PM
Whats the latest info on reproducing the manifolds for the 60? Im needing the later style with the heat box. Also needing upper seat frame, compression release lever and valves, Carb, vacuum tank for restoration. Also any info on W-K-M 60 pipelayer equipment for a sixty. Thank you for any help, Gary

janmeermans
09-29-2015, 09:54 AM
Gary,

It so happens I talked with Garlic Pete yesterday about the new 60 manifolds. He told me they were very close to getting the production costs from Rosewood. Once those are in hand, they would decide on the Club markup and then approach the potential folks who would makeup the majority of the market and see if the prices were in line. There are several pieces that make up the manifolds, both intake and exhaust and the intent is to sell them as both a whole assembly and also per item so one can pick or chose according to what you need. I picked up that the whole assembly would price out above $3K up to $4K, but that individual pieces would be portions of that, say $600, $1000, $1200 or so depending on the size and cost to make.

I was inquiring about parts for a 1929 tractor and Pete said the intended run would be for those middle of the pack units (years built) which would include the heatbox. The earlier manifolds are not being made with the current patterns.

Garlic will probably jump in here and he can correct anything that I miss-understood but I do know things are moving ahead.

Jan

Rome K/G
09-29-2015, 12:16 PM
Ok Thank You Jan. Glad to hear that.

Steve A
09-29-2015, 06:32 PM
I got Valves for my 60 from Harry at

http://www.handjmachining.com/index.htm

At the time he was running low so I don't know if he has them now, He was considering having a batch made that would be exact fit, I had to cut the stems on mine.

Put me on the list for a 60 manifold if there is one, how about a discount for ACMOC members