PDA

View Full Version : 6G51 Cat Thirty

Texasbest
11-22-2015, 08:45 AM
Picked up this Early 30 on Thursday. It almost all made it home with me. The breather top blew off :frown:somewhere on the 3 hr trip back. It has sit out for a little while with the exhaust open. #3 Cyl. was completely full of water and we could see water standing in the manifold down the exhaust. I sucked the water out of the Cyl. and for the most part it was clear water. The other 3 plugs were somewhat rusty but not terrible. I sprayed PBlaster in there. When I got it home I poured a mix of brake & tranny fluid in manifold & cyls.
I'll post some more pics of this and the "off brand" I've got to go pick up still.
Thank You TomP for everything.
Roby Whitehead.

seiscat
11-22-2015, 09:00 AM
Thanks for posting those pics. The tractor appears to be good shape in the looks department. That is a serious re-grouser job. It's a shame the breather was lost.

Texasbest
11-22-2015, 09:09 AM
The clutches hopefully just need some adjustment. They pull nearly all the way back before I can feel them disengage. The linkage is there but the fuel selector valve is missing. Fuel pump is there and most of the lines. The Allis M has set out same amount of time but had no water in cyls.

TomP-TX
11-22-2015, 09:30 AM
More Thirty pictures, AC, and also the two Fifteens I purchased.
Tom

d9gdon
11-22-2015, 10:04 AM
Nice, looks like they came out of the dry west/northwest part of the state from the lack of serious rust. I'm guessing from the pics that have live oaks in them that it was in the pecan orchards around the Hill Country?

janmeermans
11-22-2015, 10:10 AM
Roby and TomP

You guys found some nice stuff. I particularly like the THIRTY Roby. As pointed out, it may have enough power to turn with those grousers stuck in the ground and will want to go straight ahead!

Jan

Texasbest
11-22-2015, 10:18 AM
Tom, we made a good haul!
We'll see how long it takes for somebody to notice your 'different' fifteen!
At what serial # did they start adding the oil filter?
The one one CL right now is serial #89 & I see quite a few differences.
Different Exhaust manifold, intake breather cap...
May try to pick up AC on Monday afternoon or probably Tuesday. 553135531255311

Texasbest
11-22-2015, 10:25 AM
Actually they have been sitting in East Texas in the sand. Really did a trick on the grousers.
They got moved to where we got them from.
It's funny how for a long time I couldn't find anything in state & now I can't afford to bring in everything I can find...
I've got to bring home these 2 beauty's yet. 55316553155531455317

Inter674
11-22-2015, 02:45 PM
Looks like Santa came early for you!

The Allis look very interesting. I know an old fellow that has one like it - but not a tail seat - and he won't part with it:(

d9gdon
11-22-2015, 04:38 PM
Maybe the low scrap prices are working in our favor now.

Texasbest
11-22-2015, 09:13 PM
Bottom of the carb looks like it froze and busted. I need to try and straighten and braze it up, or see if I can find one. Gauges are actually in great shape.
Thanks everyone for the encouragement. The grousers are a little rough looking but ought to really dig in.
I'm hoping the scrap price stays down for a while yet. I've got a worn out D2 to pick up for yard art as long as price stays down.
Roby

Burcat15
11-23-2015, 04:36 AM
Texasbest,

"We'll see how long it takes for somebody to notice your 'different' fifteen!", Are you referring to the governor and magneto being on the left hand side, rather than the right?

"At what serial # did they start adding the oil filter? " - oil filter is aftermarket addition, I have seen these fitted to quite a few tractors of this era, 10,15, small twenty etc.

"The one one CL right now is serial #89 & I see quite a few differences.
Different Exhaust manifold, intake breather cap..." - The 6G thirty has the original finned exhaust manifold- which looks to be in great condition, I have a few R4 engines and they have all suffered burnt out around the heat box and are of the round pipe style as per 6G89 tractor.
Burcat15

Texasbest
11-23-2015, 07:18 AM
Burcat, I re-read my post and it was a little bit jumbled.
I should have seperated the line about the 15 being different from the rest.
You are correct on the 15, the mag drive is on the LH side.
I will let TomP elaborate on that.

I meant to ask about the factory oil filter on the 6G30. Mine has a block-off plate. Was this an option early on?

I guess The Cat replacement manifold went away from the finned type then is what your saying?
That makes sense.

It looks like Edhedge in Idaho has bought the 6G89.
Good deal. Hopefully it won't take much to get it up and going!
Roby

Neil
11-23-2015, 08:07 AM
Nice unit Roby - the dash makes it look quite modern. That carb looks a lot like a Twenty-Two carb from the photo?