PDA

View Full Version : Rolling in some base rock.

Bruce P
07-17-2016, 06:55 AM
Here are some pictures that I took yesterday. I custom harvest for a neighbor and he has a field that is almost tabletop flat. Trouble is the road to get there was a gen-ewe-ine goat trail. Since my front line top flight truck driver is six months pregnant, it was time the road was fixed. I had hauled in about 35 loads of rock, spread it out with my D6, then I took my old hay patch roller to it and rolled it in. I think it turned out pretty good.

Enjoy
Bruce P6161061611616126161361614

cojhl2
07-17-2016, 09:00 AM
Good looking job Bruce.

7upuller
07-17-2016, 09:16 AM
Hey Bruce,

Good Job....Nice Cat too!!!

mog5858
07-17-2016, 09:43 AM
you sure have some nice land out there. nice looking job you got done there keep up the good work.

Casey Root
07-17-2016, 02:26 PM
Nice 17R Bruce. I think you have he Swiss Army Knife of Ag Cats. :) Cab and AC, Rops with sweeps, Cat angle blade with tilt and hard nose rams. What else do you have? Maybe an Inverter for a coffee pot and waffle iron? :) That's quite a farming Cat!
Casey

Bruce P
07-17-2016, 07:28 PM
Thanks guys, the boss likes it as well.

Casey the 17R also has tweezers, a toothpick, and a spork lol! That hardnose was a little tricky. I got that blade, cylinders and belly pan from a 10K. I was going to just swap out noses.....WRONG. Way different. So I plasma torched the cylinder mounts off the 10k nose and hot glued them to the 17R nose. Blower fan was another challenge. Anyway it turned out pretty good, except it doesn't go slow enough in reverse.

BP.

Casey Root
07-17-2016, 08:11 PM
Question Bruce.

Does the 7M or the 9G have the appropriate fender tool box? If not, I may have what you need.

Casey

Deas Plant.
07-17-2016, 08:51 PM
Hi, Bruce P.
Nice job and thanks for sharing. Funny thing though - "Since my front line top flight truck driver is six months pregnant" - Now just WHO is responsible for that? LOL. BUTTT, IIRC, 50 years, them people just didn't do things like that to yer, simply 'cos they couldn't. IF you get my drift. LOL.

Good for her. AND for you for doing the work to make it easier for her.

Just my 0.02.

Bruce P
07-17-2016, 10:19 PM
Casey the 7M has a box, but the 9G does not. Not the right one anyway.

Deas, we had a board meeting about the responsible party. It was decided that said party will be having a little "procedure":/

BP.

7upuller
07-17-2016, 10:29 PM
Guys,

I'm confused on this post??? So, someone has to have a procedure because the said party got her pregnant, and Bruce is wondering if he has gotten it in the right box or not??? Did I get this correct??? :doh:

Deas Plant.
07-17-2016, 10:51 PM
Hi, Bruce P.
This sounds a bit like convicting the innocent. She takes seriously what you did in fun and YOU get to have the 'procedure'? ? ???????????????????????????????????

Gotta take your hat of to 'em though. Women are the only critters on the planet who can take a teaspoon of tiny tadpoles, have fun collecting 'em, turn' em into a lifetime of expenses and stick somebody else with the bills. LOL.

Seriously though, would we have it any other way? I certainly ain't sticking my hand up to do it. LOL.

I hope it all goes well for both of you, M8.

Just my 0.02

Neil
07-18-2016, 04:42 AM
Bruce, you might find that after that procedure, things tend to happen a LOT more since there's no chance of .... : )

old-iron-habit
07-18-2016, 06:10 AM
Just give it a few days before you mount that Cat again. I had a "tough" guy friend that went to work after only one extra day off and ended up in the hospital nursing his grapefruits for a week.

Bruce P
07-18-2016, 07:25 AM
Guys,

I'm confused on this post??? So, someone has to have a procedure because the said party got her pregnant, and Bruce is wondering if he has gotten it in the right box or not??? Did I get this correct??? :doh:

Yes Glen, I think you've got the nail hit on the head lol!!

I have been told I'll definitely want to plan some "down time". I'll be a good boy and do what I'm told....

I agree Deas us fellers have certainly got the easy part. That's why she's the boss and I'm the dumb tractor driver:)

Bp

Casey Root
07-18-2016, 07:57 AM
After my procedure and during the recovery, my beautiful and gracious, lovingly lifted the blanket and ice pack and screamed "MY GOD, FROSTBITE, IT'S GONE!!". :)

Back to the box. Confusing, is it not? Big box, with the proper patina :). Approximately 27.5" long, 8.5" wide and 7.25" high. Hinges and hasp are excellent and no dents. It can be yours, including delivery, for a trade. How about a round in the seat of the 9G or the Forty pulling the Harris if you will tend header.

To pull an operating hillside combine is on my bucket list. Dad never owned a pull machine. He was one of those who bought that new fangled Harris 88. All my experience was a few years later on 95H watching the neighbors pulling their 36B, 151's and the Case. The only one I ever rode on was uncles Harris that is the twin to yours, sans the tiller wheel.

Casey

Bruce P
07-18-2016, 08:12 AM
Heck I needed a crew anyway! As late as harvest is looking I should be able to get the 9G back together by then. The piece I'm planning on cutting isn't steep at all, but enough to use the leveler.

BP

rmyram
07-18-2016, 08:43 AM
if you got to go for a procedure, where the tightest pants possible...........otherwise grapefruits may be a result.

Neil
07-18-2016, 10:41 AM
OIH, different experience for me - I mowed the lawn after getting home and didn't seem to suffer any repercussions other than my wife saying I walked funny(er than usual which is pretty wacky anyway). "Mileage may vary" as they say. When I look at the mayhem around my house, I think I should have been snipped sooner...

7upuller
07-18-2016, 11:12 AM
Hey Gang,

I had a buddy in a hot rod club that had a pretty cool blown '32. I hadn't seen the guy in a couple of months which was strange because we used to hang weekly. I asked what was up and where he had been. He said that he had to get clipped. I thought Wow, Ok...(guy was in mid 50's and had grand kids). I asked if it hurt and if he had any problem with them swelling? "Nope" he said, "Swelling wasn't too bad!" He explained that in his line of work(women's hair salon) that is was important that he keep them tight and not let them get saggy. I was shocked at his comments. He went on to explain that he felt funny when women looked at them when they were saggy. I asked, "Why do you show your Saggy Nuts to Clients?????" He laughed and said, "Not my Nuts, the sags under my Eyes!!!"... ROFLMAO....I was laughing so hard, I was crying.... Mr Macho.. Hahaha

Gregness
07-18-2016, 02:55 PM
Nice 17R Bruce. I think you have he Swiss Army Knife of Ag Cats. :) Cab and AC, Rops with sweeps, Cat angle blade with tilt and hard nose rams. What else do you have? Maybe an Inverter for a coffee pot and waffle iron? :) That's quite a farming Cat!
Casey

Steering this thread back to the Cat world... that is indeed a SWEET set up! If it had a Hyster winch on the back I think I would come down there and try to drive it home...

G

Neil
07-18-2016, 03:09 PM
Bruce, you have to tell me: what are the sweeps for? : ) I don't think I've seen a single tree in any of your photos! : ) Well, probably one or two around the house <grin>. Just joking - looks good!

68dually
07-18-2016, 05:23 PM
That is a nice looking dozer!

Randy

Bruce P
07-18-2016, 10:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7fVkS2GYEI

Thanks all, its a pretty good bulldozer, and it was a tremendous farm cat.

We do have trees, just not right there. This road is about 5 miles down country from my place, and the trees start about 4 miles up country from my place. I wasn't going to put the sweeps on at first, then last summer we had some bad fires just over the hill. Dozers were short and there was word that if the wind kept it up the DNR was going to start recruiting non contract Cats. Well I figured if I was going to the woods I should get the sweeps mounted. Luckily the wind let up and they got it under control. The sweeps were on the same 10K that the blade ect. came from.

Glen your story made me spit cashews all over the place!!!

Enjoy

BP

Bruce P
07-19-2016, 01:20 PM
Steering this thread back to the Cat world... that is indeed a SWEET set up! If it had a Hyster winch on the back I think I would come down there and try to drive it home...

G

Hey Gregness, just bring me a Good running Sixty to trade!!! Lol

BP