PDA

View Full Version : Wikipedia mistake needs correction

STEPHEN
01-26-2017, 02:39 AM
On the page for D2 Caterpillar there is a colorful pic of a D4, we need someone smarter than me to help edit this. Thanks

AJ.
01-26-2017, 06:29 AM
The pictures I see on Wilkipedia of the D2's are D2's,a glance at the track frame stopping short of the sprocket verifies this.
AJ

STEPHEN
01-26-2017, 11:09 AM
The pictures I see on Wilkipedia of the D2's are D2's,a glance at the track frame stopping short of the sprocket verifies this.
AJ

That's what I'm talking about, a multi color painted cat with large dead axle hubs, 4 cylinder engine and the caption " D2 Caterpillar tractor colorfully repainted" A child is sitting on the fender.

catsilver
01-26-2017, 12:50 PM
Yes, the colourfully painted D2 is actually a 'U' series D4 with some very tidy looking tracks on it.

Deas Plant.
01-26-2017, 03:08 PM
Hi, Folks.
I have logged in and tried twice to upload a substitute photo to replace that one - and got an 'unknown error' message both times. I will try again shortly.

Be it hereby known that ANYBODY can register as a wiki commons contributor/editor for FREE. You just need to log in with your user name and password to be able to do anything. Sneaky little trick - when you log in, in the same panel where you enter your username and password, there is a little button that reads, 'Keep me logged in for 365 days' - saves a bit of time if you are contributing regularly.

Just my 0.02.