PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Old Friends in New Ride

Oil Slick
12-16-2017, 10:02 PM
Iíve been wanting to be a over the road trucker since I was young. So I figured before I kick the bucket I would give it a try. In Greeley Co I came across this one driver T660 that was retiring at 70. It appears to be very well taken care of. I was happy to hear he changed the oil every 15,000 miles too. The truck has a Cummins ISX15 485 HP, 18 speed, 3.36 gears, new tires, front air ride, all the extras including heated seats with a studio sleeper. He even put on 4 of the automatic snow chains. Flick the switch and a little wheel rubs against the inside tire and it slings short chains under the tire. Now my Butt doesnít have to get out in bad weather and put chains on 👍

I stopped and visited Kelly and Mary Ann in Grand Junction (heís the ugly one sitting next to his pretty gal). Today I met up with Claney (heís the ugly one standing in front of his 2U) LoL

It was very nice to meet up with these guys and see old friends. I plan on traveling all over and seeing the country. If any of you would like to meet up for lunch sometime leave your location and number hopefully we can cross paths.

juiceman
12-16-2017, 10:53 PM
Now that OilSlick is a long liner super trucker, he will even buy your lunch.

gary in CA
12-16-2017, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the update,been wondering what you have been up to.Keep us posted on your adventures.Thanks for sharing

ianoz
12-17-2017, 03:16 AM
Nice looking Ride Mike .

ronm
12-17-2017, 06:29 AM
What the hell? You were only 15 miles from me when you were at Kelly's! Could have shown you some old iron of various colors. . . catch me when you blow through Colorado West again.
And yes, good looking rig. . .

oldbeek
12-17-2017, 10:31 AM
The trailer in the first picture looks like what you need to haul honey bee hives back to North Dakota. You live in the right area to hook up with some migrating bee keepers.

DPete
12-17-2017, 11:11 AM
Nice Mike, keep her loaded

old-iron-habit
12-17-2017, 01:59 PM
Hi Mike,
You know where we live. If you get this way you are always welcome. Room to park and a hot shower.
Roger

Oil Slick
12-17-2017, 10:38 PM
Ronm, text me your number and town so I can save it to phone. 661-331-2996 Mike

Oil Slick
12-17-2017, 11:11 PM
Got a conflict now. Having a small oil business Iíve always liked seeing Gee and Pops run there fleet of trucks paying $4+ per gallon. Now that Iím running a fuel guzzling truck I hate paying $2.85 per gallon. LoL

Kelly
12-18-2017, 12:39 AM
What the hell? You were only 15 miles from me when you were at Kelly's! Could have shown you some old iron of various colors. . . catch me when you blow through Colorado West again.
And yes, good looking rig. . .

Ron.

He was closer than 15 miles, he came Through Furita. LoL

Cyl.

Kelly

ronm
12-18-2017, 08:54 AM
Yeah, I figured that...all roads lead through Fruita, right? :biggrin1:
At least if you're trying to get back to Cali...
Mike, I'll shoot you a text. Thanks.

Paso Bob
12-18-2017, 11:03 PM
Nice looking tractor Mike. With a sleeper that big, work at overcoming one of your vices of long lunches...I'm remembering your 5th wheel trailer you had parked at Glen's hayfield that you would hole up in for hours with "what's her name" when the rest of us were working and collecting dust.

d4e
12-20-2017, 09:55 AM
Hey Mike how u like truckin so far

cojhl2
12-20-2017, 05:43 PM
Beautiful Power unit Mike. Keep er between the rumble strips!:)

TOGNOT
12-20-2017, 07:07 PM
Oilslick, I guess you will be joining the "trucker" websites now.

Well, if you are ever on hwy 65, give me a text and I'll stop working on the old stuff you sold me so you can take me out for STEAK AND LOBSTER. :smile:

Crawler Dollars
12-21-2017, 09:18 AM
Does this mean we have a new contact for relocating 'Old Yellow Iron' cross-country? :whoo:

Oil Slick
12-22-2017, 09:30 PM
So far the trucking life is a roller coaster LoL Picked up a good paying load at $4 per mi hauling an elevator to Monterey Ca. that only weight 12,000 lbs. But to get to the elevator the load only paid $1.89 per. Also get good mileage with light loads if I can keep my foot out of it. Very hard to be light on the go-go peddle when speed limit is 75. Mileage takes a huge dip.

I looked at a long wheel base W900, now Iím kinda glad I didnít get it. As many of you already know these long wheel base trucks are challenging to maneuver. Downtown Dallas after several tries I couldnít get around a power pole. At least my daddy taught me how to back up 👍 Also tough to get around construction sites that day cab trucks are delivering to. I just take my time and get a spotter. Hate the way some drivers run there steer tire sidewalls against the curbs.

My new GF is learning to drive. She takes her DMV test first of the year. If we donít kill each other having two licensed drivers I can pick up some of the good paying rush loads.

juiceman
12-23-2017, 12:35 AM
Maybe I should hire Viv to drive one of my Peterbilt's....

Oil Slick
12-23-2017, 03:49 AM
Juice, for some reason she wants to slam and go like as if sheís driving a rental truck. Driving a Pete would be a perfect truck for her to learn in! ROFLMAO

juiceman
12-23-2017, 07:34 AM
Sounds like she needs to learn in a Freightliner cab over with a 318! Ummm, yes, some women drive like they're ready for orbit!

7upuller
12-23-2017, 09:09 AM
Hey Team,

I wonder if OilSlick charges $4 a mile for all the miles while he is backing out of the ďOops, wrong turnĒ too?:doh: Hahahaha

Aaron
12-23-2017, 09:31 PM
Gee, don't forget a set of sticks, with a worn out brownie tree.

juiceman
12-23-2017, 09:54 PM
Gee, don't forget a set of sticks, with a worn out brownie tree.

Hah! First truck I owned was a Freightliner FLD 120 with a VT-903 and Spicer SST 4x4.
Maybe Ms. OilSlick doesnít appreciate a KW.....
Back in the good old ďbadĒ days, I used to have a very high maintenance secretary that I used to haul around in my FLD 120 with a hopped up Detroit Diesel Silver 92; I let her drive it just to see if she could do it; did very well considering she was still wearing her stiletto heels 👠!!!
Iím still waiting on Dennis to get the 3408 running......

Oil Slick
12-23-2017, 10:11 PM
No didnít miss that turn. Had to unload in a alley and couldnít get out. Would have helped if the trailer had rear axle air dump. But I did miss a turn in Montrose Co. I was supposed to take 50 and I took 550. Definitely not the correct route. Notice the altitude in the pic. Iím sure Kelly and Ron are familiar with this pass into Durango Co.

The Jake brake in my old KW sure sounds good but is not nearly as effective as this new quiet Cummins engine brake. Do you guys notice how harsh it is when the engine brake kicks off on level 3? Especially if the rpm are up. Iíve been trying not to deactivate engine brake unless rpmís are low or turned down to level 2.

ronm
12-23-2017, 11:02 PM
Wow, you for sure took the scenic route...any pucker marks on the seat? Red Mountain is beautiful, but it can get nasty in the winter.

Oil Slick
12-27-2017, 10:36 PM
Hey all you Cummins ISX owners, Iíve been reading horror stories about the 2 and 3 cylinder fuel pump failing and causing catastrophic damage to the engine. So I took my new ride with 340,000 mi to the Cummins shop and the found a broken spring in the fuel pump!

Thereís a 2 or 3 lobe cam shaft that the high pressure fuel plungers ride on. The springs push them back down. The plungers and cam rollers looked ok in mine but I had them replaced anyways. If your getting up there in mileage might get your pump serviced.

Oil Slick
01-26-2018, 12:23 AM
Met up with Bob Krocker today in Hearne Tx. Heís the ugly one standing next to my pretty trucking partner.

Now we have a load of rebar and headed to OKC. So far the best paying loads are here in Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas area. I get better mileage running the flat lands and fuel is cheaper too 👍

Neil
01-26-2018, 06:17 AM
Sounds good Mike. How do you prospect for work?

Oil Slick
01-26-2018, 08:08 PM
I leased on to a large trucking company that has several dispatchers that keep all 200+ trucks busy.

Oil Slick
02-16-2018, 09:11 PM
Hauled low paying tempers for cribbage to a pipe line company in Oklahoma. This D6C looks to have a hydraulic pump driving a generator that runs motors for the air compressor. Do they blow the line out after they lay it?

Thereís tons of manufacturing in the Midwest. Texas and Oklahoma have great trucking rates. $3-5 per mile. Drivers make good money hauling goods out of Texas and Oklahoma but get terrible rates coming back. $1.40-$2 per. Itís especially terrible when I go home to California because Ca is not business friendly so thereís not many goods to haul out. Also lots of junky trucks willing to haul cheap. Juice calls it the ď Black HoleĒ

Just got back from downtown Chicago. Geez itís hard to get this long wheel base tractor and 48í trailer around tight corners. Need all lanes and no one wants to give room. At least Iím bigger than them.

Jason 10/D4
02-17-2018, 05:58 AM
I'm just gonna guess and say that those generators are welding armetures and that cat is they're tool buggy check out the swing out arm coming off the front probably to hold leads and hoses up out over the ditch just my thoughts cool pics. Jason

Neil
02-17-2018, 10:23 AM
Haha Mike, for a good time in your truck with car drivers, try Boston. Absolute worst place in the world for lane turf wars

DB2
02-17-2018, 02:45 PM
Commonly known in the pipeline industry as a tack tractor

dpendzic
02-17-2018, 03:03 PM
Haha Mike, for a good time in your truck with car drivers, try Boston. Absolute worst place in the world for lane turf wars

New Jersey has to be close!!--Not to mention the LIE on Long Island!

Neil
02-17-2018, 06:36 PM
Yeah, LIE's pretty bad too but I'd still give it to Boston - they're nuts. Pays to have an old beater when driving there.

timbo1946
02-18-2018, 04:36 AM
Mass is the worst. Went with my Dad in the early 80s to drop off a load of cans to Little Giant can company in Wooster Mass. Had to back across road to the dock. While backing in cars kept going around the back of the trailer. Had to drop trailer as if left hooked we were across road still very dangerous. When unloaded do you thing anyone would stop to let us hook to get out. Cars would keep trying to go between tge truck and trailer. Just crazy

Kelly
02-18-2018, 06:43 PM
Commonly known in the pipeline industry as a tack tractor

Used on the firing line.

Kelly

rmyram
02-19-2018, 08:53 PM
to answer your pipleline question;

after a pipeline is welded together and laid in the ditch, they will usually hydro test it by completely filling ti with water and taking it to 1.5 times the maximum allowable working pressure to prove the integrity of the pipeline. then they will suck/blow out as much of the water as they can. after the water is mostly removed from the pipeline they will perform multiple "pigging runs" with foam pigs that are slightly larger than the pipe to push any residual water out of the line and to remove any debris or welding slag from inside the pipe. once the pipeline integrity is proven they will backfill it. some of the longer pipelines they will do 100% xray of every welded joint and backfill as they lay the pipe in the ditch and hydro and pig it after.

before we commission new gas pipelines, we purge the air out of the line so that we do not create and explosive mixture, then we perform a bacthing run, we will send a cleaner pig which is a durometer 75 or 85 polyethylene pig through the pipe, then we will inject a "pill" of corrosion inhibitor that is cut with diesel or c5+ condensate. the volume of the pill is calculate to be all used up by the time the pig gets to the other end. after injecting the pill into the line, we send a "filmer" pig which has slots in the outer circumfrence to let some of the inhibitor between the lands of the pig so it can be evenly spread around the pipe and spread evenly. the velocity at which the filmer pig is sent throught the pipe is controlled to a specific rate to get the maximum coverage of the internal of the pipeline.

Oil Slick
02-22-2018, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the good reply Roger.

Snowcountryfarmer
02-23-2018, 07:03 AM
So what is the purpose of the tack tractor?

Thanks

Stewart

daron
02-23-2018, 08:03 PM
So what is the purpose of the tack tractor?

Thanks

Stewart

A description of them can be found in the following thread (click on '13 comments''):

https://www.reddit.com/r/Welding/comments/145rnp/just_figured_yall_welders_would_appreciate_this/

Daron

Oil Slick
04-14-2018, 11:32 AM
Met up with Orrin in Denver. He rode with me for about 2 hrs to pick up some low paying scrap. Good rates going to Denver but terrible coming out. Just like a lot of major cities. It was a pleasure seeing him after all these years. I did my best to convince him to visit SM next month but heís on the fence about coming.

Hope you can make Orrin!!

Orrin S
04-16-2018, 11:44 PM
Hi Oil Slick,
Sure enjoyed our time together last week. Impressed with you backing skills.....I sure never achieved your level of skill!! You dad was a great teacher! Several times I could have used his advice....LOL Nice rig for sure, especially the Studio Sleeper. Looking forward to hearing from you next time your in town!!

Next time like to inspect your automatic chain set up. Until few months ago didn't know they were ever used on over the road rigs; had only seen them on school busses. There was an article in ATHS mag. about custom built Pete with that set up and winch on front of the tractor. (ATHS ='s Antique Truck Historical Society!) thought it would be a great idea, even since I put on a set of chains in Montana one time in 2009 standing in 2' snow @ what felt like -10*F...LOL That was on my Honeymoon.......funny story...had taken my 2nd (red) '76 KW to Kalispell, MT. to have it restored and deal didn't work out as well as expected. My friend wanted all the stuff outta his shop ASAP after our Feb. 2009 Denver wedding. So took my wife's oldest son as he had worked there several years in Kalispell, MT and had many there.. We built an 8'x6'x6' storage box on the top of my step deck trailer and stuffed all the parts and pieces in it for winter storage and headed back to Denver.....Shirley was some unhappy with that deal, especially since we stopped at Thermopolis and enjoyed a day in the hot springs!! Shirley has always wanted to do that.....as make up I finally took her to Hawaii as promised...just 9 years later...LOL

God Bless

Oil Slick
04-17-2018, 10:47 AM
O, thank you for going with me and help securing the load with the sliding winches (took him a minute or two to realize they slide).

Glad the previous owner put these automatic snow chains on. Only used them 2x last winter. Once in a parking lot and other on a small hill. Much better to flick a switch from the drivers seat than throw chains. Of course you never put chains on in nice weather. LoL

Orrin S
04-17-2018, 12:04 PM
Right Oil Slick,
Strap ratchets on my trailer were welded in place.....sliders sure are big improvements!!

Be carful out there...on way to Topeka last week saw fatal big rig accident....looked like driver fell asleep and hit bridge support @ full speed. I- 70 is string straight @ that point.
Scary scene...on way back DOT and removed entire bridge in only 2-3 working days.....the blizzard kept I-70 closed at least 2 days.......snow/ice/60+ mph wind!!

God Bless

Oil Slick
06-09-2018, 08:17 PM
On my way to pick up a hug air conditioning unit I stopped and meet up with another tractor buddy, Brian Boaz in Saint Robert Missouri and check out Brianís projects :crazy: . He was rebuilding a rusted cab and floor on a case loader.

Itís been really nice crossing paths with you guys. So if you wanna meet up send me a message. Iíve still been wanting to meet up with you Bruce P but Colorado rates are terrible so I do my best to stay clear of that area.

Only had (5) 2U connecting rods for my moose guard. If anyone has an extra for sale Iím interested.

Neil
06-09-2018, 08:28 PM
Mike do you run your own trailer or do you just pick and go on each contract? How's the rig running?

Oil Slick
06-09-2018, 09:03 PM
Neil, truck is running good. I donít let it idle. It has an auxiliary heater and AC unit. Idling causes lots exhaust filter problems. Just bought the trailer brand new 4 days ago. Bought a basic trailer $28,000 with tool boxes and rear axle air dump. If you get the fully loaded itís about $15,000 more. Although rates are really good right now I know the pendulum is going to swing the other way.

bboaz
06-09-2018, 10:41 PM
Mike Thanks for stopping for a visit. Really enjoyed that. Loader is looking better. About ready to reset the cab back on after new floor plate, Hope to get it finished soon.

Paso Bob
06-11-2018, 10:37 PM
Nice looking ride Mike!

TOGNOT
06-12-2018, 12:49 AM
So, mike.... Now that you have a trailer you'll be hauling old CATS back and forth\cross country to support your CAT community in your travels ?

Your a great guy !

Now, if you would get some decent sunglasses instead of those safety glasses you stole from a job site !:spy:

Oil Slick
06-14-2018, 12:09 AM
Thanks Bob.

TOGNOT,

NO cats on my new aluminum deck! I stole a box of safety glasses. Iíll be wearing them for years and supplying Lee with a few pair too.

juiceman
06-14-2018, 06:38 AM
Thanks Bob.

TOGNOT,

NO cats on my new aluminum deck! I stole a box of safety glasses. Iíll be wearing them for years and supplying Lee with a few pair too.

Mike: food grade belting (white) fairly lightweight and easily stored...
Keeps crawlers from slipping and sliding on the deck. Your finest commercial cops would know that youíre a true equipment hauler if you used it. Beats using rubber belting any day. JM

TOGNOT
06-14-2018, 08:50 PM
Juiceman, it doesn't matter what he carried on his truck for transport, when the cops see those "sunglasses" they will assume he stole that nice rig and he's an out of work rig hand.!

Oilslick - next time I'm in 7 -11 I'll pick you up a NICE pair of sunglasses. P.S. Saying that Lee wears em too isn't much of a compliment...

Oil Slick
06-15-2018, 09:32 PM
Juice, your gonna be proud of me. Take a close look at the old pic. Dirty white belting over the ramps and metal tire wells. Are they any DOT guys left that would recognize the quality belting?

TOGNOT, donít be sad. Iíll give you a couple pair 🕶 so you can fit in. LoL

Headed to Nashville now. If anyone wants a free lunch contact me. Be nice to meet up with you.

TOGNOT
06-16-2018, 02:42 AM
Nice picture. Correct me if I'm wrong... Those are MY D2's (before they were mine) correct ?

Mike, where did you pick them up ? What city \ area ?

Oil Slick
06-16-2018, 01:42 PM
Yes the mine/your D2ís came out of Moss Landing Ca.

Oil Slick
06-20-2018, 08:02 PM
Met up with another Cat member in Albuquerque. John Rose was headed west on 40 in his truck and I was going east from Long Beach. We stopped and had lunch together. Nice meeting up with other members.

Now Iím headed to Denver then to Seattle. Send me a message.

Orrin S
06-21-2018, 12:24 PM
Brian B.,
Good to see you again!! ...long time since Shirley & I visited you and Vickie in 2010(?) after Fling at Marneth's and Joplin's huge tornado!!
It's neat to have Mike Mc. as a roving ambassador ......Really enjoyed my visit with him back in April....was a neat surprise. Had same
good times with Big Blue back in the day....visiting folks across the USA and in Canada.

Hi John Rose!! Neat this thread's like old home week,,,, Neat to see foto of you, John. Have foto of Big Blue on office wall with 60" sleeper you
surprised me with at Tonto's waaay back when ....had to been 2005/6, ya think?, prolly the year ya misplaced your razor.....LOL! Neat Beard.....
Mine never got that long and picturesque. How 'bout sharing a pic of you RockingR Big Rig some time.

Mike Mc....keep up the good work and say Hi again if your "forced" to visit the Mile High city!! :wave:

dpendzic
06-23-2018, 12:22 PM
Met up with another Cat member in Albuquerque. John Rose was headed west on 40 in his truck and I was going east from Long Beach. We stopped and had lunch together. Nice meeting up with other members.

Now Iím headed to Denver then to Seattle. Send me a message.

Great to see John from Wyoming is still out and about! What sticks in my mind is the day he borrowed your Harley for a "quickie" trip into town!!
He and Brian Boaz also taught me an awful lot about running old machines. Brian's wife Vicki was an awesome quilt maker!

Oil Slick
07-11-2018, 07:11 AM
Been staying back in the central and eastern time zones weíre the rates are better and the humidity is high. Met up with Nacho and his family for dinner in Pittsburgh. Guess I should have left my hat on. Starting to look like D4e LoL

If any of you eastoners would like to meet up please contact me. Mike 661-three 3 one-two 996

TOGNOT
07-11-2018, 08:30 PM
Mike your head blends in well with the big chrome mirror:nono:

chriscokid
07-12-2018, 12:58 PM
mike, if you are ever passing through the carolinas on US 421 please stop in for a visit!

ronm
07-12-2018, 06:13 PM
Been staying back in the central and eastern time zones weíre the rates are better and the humidity is high. Met up with Nacho and his family for dinner in Pittsburgh. Guess I should have left my hat on. Starting to look like D4e LoL

If any of you eastoners would like to meet up please contact me. Mike 661-three 3 one-two 996

P*ss-poor reason to abandon God's Country...:rolleyes2:
but a guy has to make a living, I know...

Oil Slick
07-14-2018, 05:12 PM
Roger Martin called me to stop by and view his collection of goods. I stopped by his place on my way to Louisville. He lives in a little town below Dayton Ohio. Roger has a nice collection of cab forward jeeps. One with the hoe was my favorite. Iím sure the Jeep isnít heavy enough for any aggressive digging. He also has an impressive collection of toy tractors and several other neat collectibles. Heís having an open house soon maybe heíll post the info here.

ronm, believe it or not but Colorado is worse than going to California. This is what Iíve learned on rates per mile so far.
Colorado $.98 per
Kansas City $1.20
Phoenix $1.25
California $1.50
Texas $2.25
Nashville $2.60
Pennsylvania $2.85
Georgia $2.95
Lots of industry in the East

Oversize $3.50

If I average 400-600 miles a day it doesnít take a mathematician to figure out weíre not to go. LoL

Chrisco, please text me your info and Iíll save it. Havenít been down there yet but when I do Iíll contact you.

This Clark loader was a pile of junk. As he raised the 38,000 lb coil the pins were so dry they were popping. He told me to stay back cuz it doesnít have any brakes! I yelled ďI just bought the trailer last month donít F it up!Ē Fortunately the loader would just creep forward. Would have been terrible if a pin sheered and he dropped it on my trailer.

rogerjmartin
07-15-2018, 12:09 AM
Thanks for stopping by Oil Slick we enjoyed your visit and I enjoyed the short ride in your truck down to Waynesville, Ohio where we all ate at the Village Family Restaurant. Stop again any time you come through south west Ohio. Oil Slick did not mention I have a few old Cats around including a Cat 60,s - Cat model 38 combine - Cat 10,s - 15 - 20 -25,s - 28.s - 30 -G 35 - G 40 - D 40 - D 50 - 9G D7 - R 5,s - Cat D6B - Cat 977 11K - Cat 922B and Cat engines and parts. A nice 1947 CJ2A Jeep. The Jeep Forward Control 170 trucks are from the late 50,s to 1965. July 27th - 28th - 29th we are having our 4th Annual Jeep Forward Control Gathering & Swap Meet just north of Waynesville , Ohio in my front yard. If you have a Jeep Forward Control truck bring it to the Gathering or if you are interested in Jeep Forward Control trucks come to the Jeep FC Gathering at my house and talk to other FC owners and learn about FC trucks. There is no charged for coming to the show with or with out a FC truck. It is just a small show to have fun and enjoy. I do have the barbecue grill going with food and a cooler with bottler water and pop. You can call my cell phone at 937-477-5270 any time or email me at rogerjm55@gmail.com PS it you have Jeep FC trucks or parts to sell call me. Thanks Roger Martin south west Ohio

" OH! SORRY Oil Slick " I stolid your thread and took it for a long free ride. I hope you will forgive me before you come through south west Ohio again and stop at my house and want to whip my rear end for steeling your thread.

Oil Slick
07-15-2018, 08:03 AM
Glad you listed you collection Roger. You have way to many toys for me to remember. This a great opportunity to spread the word of your gathering. Thanks for having me. Now get back to work on your projects :juggle: LoL

ronm
07-15-2018, 08:40 AM
ronm, believe it or not but Colorado is worse than going to California. This is what Iíve learned on rates per mile so far.
Colorado $.98 per
Kansas City $1.20
Phoenix $1.25
California $1.50
Texas $2.25
Nashville $2.60
Pennsylvania $2.85
Georgia $2.95

Oversize $3.50

If I average 400-600 miles a day it doesnít take a mathematician to figure out weíre not to go. LoL

That's weird, you would think they'd pay you more to run here just to pay for the brakes...I definitely smelled some hot ones coming down Eisenhower yesterday. Didn't see anybody take the runaway ramp though...:eek2:

janmeermans
07-15-2018, 09:52 AM
Roger Martin called me to stop by and view his collection of goods. I stopped by his place on my way to Louisville. He lives in a little town below Dayton Ohio. Roger has a nice collection of cab forward jeeps. One with the hoe was my favorite. Iím sure the Jeep isnít heavy enough for any aggressive digging. He also has an impressive collection of toy tractors and several other neat collectibles. Heís having an open house soon maybe heíll post the info here.

Colorado $.98 per
Kansas City $1.20
Phoenix $1.25
California $1.50
Texas $2.25
Nashville $2.60
Pennsylvania $2.85
Georgia $2.95

Oversize $3.50

Chrisco, please text me your info and Iíll save it. Havenít been down there yet but when I do Iíll contact you.

This Clark loader was a pile of junk. As he raised the 38,000 lb coil the pins were so dry they were popping. He told me to stay back cuz it doesnít have any brakes! I yelled ďI just bought the trailer last month donít F it up!Ē Fortunately the loader would just creep forward. Would have been terrible if a pin sheered and he dropped it on my trailer.

Mike, Roger-

On my way out to the Members Event in Peoria from NY last month, I passed by above Dayton on I-70 and thought of stopping by at Roger's but the timing just was not right. Maybe next time. Glad to see some of those Jeep trucks he told me about on the phone.

Last winter Roger sold us a replacement air cleaner for our AGSEM D13000 sawmill engine at Vista.

Mike- Glad you could stop by to check in from CA to a good friend in OH. I enjoy the notes you post here.

JanM

janmeermans
07-15-2018, 09:36 PM
All you history buffs,

Now here is when you history buffs can learn something on the ACMOC BB. After getting to know Roger, he told me about his father who is a WWII veteran. But not just any veteran. Jim Martin was one of the "Band Of Brothers" of which a book and movie has been made. His outfit, the 101st Air Borne jumped on D Day at Normandy and fought their way into Holland and into Germany across the Rhine. You can scan You Tube for "jim martin 101st" and see him touring the old battlefields and addressing veteran's reunions. Really great stuff! We owe a lot to men like Roger's father!

Roger- I know you are too humble to tell this story but I am glad to do it for you and your dad. I hope he is well.

JanM

Rome K/G
07-16-2018, 09:07 AM
I remember him! He fixed my tank engine,great man, great man!!

Orrin S
07-17-2018, 03:03 PM
JanM.
Just saw your post mentioning Roger's Dad was in The Band of Brothers! Thanks for that bit of WW II History. Read the book this past march and it sure was impressive what They accomplished, under the most difficult of conditions. The heart of the Greatest Generation, for sure. Have also read a set of four short books covering the same units action, by a member of A-Company, 506th regiment 101st Airborne. Company E and A must have served side by side at several times as both stories often run v.v. similar. Author's name was Don Burgett he was written about in American Rifleman a few years back; bought a set of his books. It's because of courageous men like Roger's Dad that we don't speak German as our 1st language, God Bless them one and all.

Hello, Roger, ....know we haven't met except to read each other's posts, but congratulations on having such a fine father(parents!)...you do come from good stock for sure . Have always admired the Greatest Generation and their many accomplishments at a high cost. I spend my peace time service in Germany in the area your Dad passed through. Made several visits to The "Eagles Nest". The times couldn't have been more different.

God Bless

rogerjmartin
07-17-2018, 07:40 PM
Hi Jan and Everyone,
Thanks for the kind comments about my dad. He is 97 and still driving. My mom is still living, and she is 94. They live in the house I grew up in. Four years ago for the 70th Anniversary of DDay, Dad went back to Normandy and made another jump. He was featured on CBS National Evening news two different nights that week. When he was in the 101st Airborne, they called him "PeeWee" because he was the smallest guy in the outfit. If you Google Jim PeeWee Martin, you will find all sort of information about my dad. He is planning to go to Normandy again next year for the 75th DDay Anniversary.

I thought I'd post some pictures so everyone can see some of the piles of iron I have that "Oil Slick" saw when he was here. I took these pictures from 40 feet in the air out of my man-lift.

Oil Slick
10-27-2018, 09:00 PM
Hi guys. Iím still alive and trucking. Been running all over the country but havenít crossed paths with any members lately but still getting around. Been to every state now except for Alaska. Maybe next year. In Virginia now headed to Brownsville Tx hauling an overhead crane from Boston Ma. Then up to San Antonio to take a 4,000lb AC unit to Pensacola Fl. Unfortunately I couldnít get to the tractor show on time. Here are a few pics of some light loads. For some reason the lighter the load better they pay. Fun hauling light good paying loads zooming up and down the hills.

Doing flat bed work every load is different. Hauled Beyoncť stage equipment to Bills stadium. Walked center field and took a pic of the Bills. Moved a Chenook for a movie to New Orleans. Stopped at the Bristol night race. Cheers Bar. Really neat going to a Pittsburgh steel mill. Lots of switchers moving liquid metal cars (donít know name of cars). Delivered live roofing material to downtown Hoboken NJ. Very tight area to get around. They have street cops standing on the corners to make sure no one parks close to corner so we can get to job site.