PDA

View Full Version : d7 wont lift blade

golddozer
08-03-2018, 05:11 PM
hello everyone.my old girl been pretty reliable until this year.was working fine the other day.stopped for a break.left the blade lever in the float positon.when i got back on she wont lift.removed the grill and drained the fluid.the filter was pretty dirty so i ordered one.the manual doesnt say anything about hydraulics..not sure what oil to run in there.it looked too thick to be 32 weight.does anyone know what it should be.im thinking the free float valve is stuck.any help would be greatly appreciated.i post a photo when i figure that out .ive checked to see if the drive shaft was still connected and it is.

Rome K/G
08-03-2018, 05:27 PM
Did you try speeding the engine up? use 10w hyd oil

golddozer
08-03-2018, 05:29 PM
yes.full throttle.nothing.this was its first run of the year.

golddozer
08-03-2018, 05:30 PM
10w.thank you.

Old Magnet
08-03-2018, 09:47 PM
That would most likely be a #46 hydraulic control. First thing I'd check is to see if a linkage pin inside the tank has dropped out. Does the control lever move in it's normal range?

golddozer
08-04-2018, 10:14 AM
the lever feels like it always has.i was thinking about removing the cover to have a look.

Deas Plant.
08-04-2018, 06:11 PM
Hi, Golddozer.
From what I have read so far in this thread, it sounds like your dozer is an earlier D7E from before they started being fitted with quick drop valves in the blade rams. How-wevver, it is possible that somebody somewhere has fitted them since. If this is the case, one or both of those valves may be stuck. I had this happen with a later model D8H that I operated. Powering down on the blade rams and lifting the front of the tractor seemed to 'fix' it 'cos it never did that again.

Just my 0.02.

golddozer
08-06-2018, 08:16 AM
this must the case.tried it again yesterday and worked after i backed it over a high spot.the blade lifted when i did that and all the suddenit started to work.worked for an hour then it started to act up.then it stopped again.so im going to pull the cover off and see.

Old Magnet
08-06-2018, 09:51 AM
No drop valves in the cylinders but there are make-up valves in the later #46 units. Kind of buried in the hydraulic control.

golddozer
08-22-2018, 03:33 PM
Pulled cover off today and everything looks like itís connected. The quick drop doesnít seem to move. Spring depressing but I donít see the valve move. Never had one apart before. I pulled the pipe manifold off. 4 valves and spring are intact. Is there any info available on this unit. Never had a valve body like this before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ccjersey
08-22-2018, 03:49 PM
Check both cylinders for a bulge. Or it could be a piston problem. Crank it up from cold and as soon as you can hold the lever to raise position and keep it there even if it doesn't raise. If the pump is moving fluid the pipes to the cylinder that is bypassing will get warm before the other side.

golddozer
08-22-2018, 03:56 PM
Check both cylinders for a bulge. Or it could be a piston problem. Crank it up from cold and as soon as you can hold the lever to raise position and keep it there even if it doesn't raise. If the pump is moving fluid the pipes to the cylinder that is bypassing will get warm before the other side.

i will try that.thanks.