PDA

View Full Version : New to me D5 94J

Torque
10-19-2019, 08:37 PM
Bought this to replace the old D4 40A, I think it is twice as big! Got a question on the push arms (straight blade), what is supposed to hold the arms square? the front pins or the lower angle braces? The arms lay out some and all pins are loose. One of the angle braces has been stripped and welded, the other is stripped also, should I just weld it too? The push arms are not very good, trunnions very loose and the arms have been broken and welded. Should I just look for better arms?

ccjersey
10-20-2019, 09:28 AM
It takes both the angle braces and the mounting points on the rear of the moldboard of the frame to control the slop. The pins don't have as much to do with it since they must be loose fitting enough to allow for tilt.

I have an old 9U with a 6S dozer. The outer "ear" on the back of the moldboard where the lower pin goes through the front of the push arm was broken off and welded back. Probably not reattached perfectly and over time there is lots of side to side slop in that joint that doesn't help keep the dozer from moving side to side..

Ray54
10-20-2019, 03:27 PM
No idea how easy to find push arms better than what you have. But would be the easy way. But the different parts of the trunnions are sold,you cut the old and weld in the new.

On other brands where trunnion parts are not available people have welded and ground things down to take slop out of the blade too.

possum
10-27-2019, 03:00 PM
You can buy new gypo hardware, rebuilt mine years ago.