PDA

View Full Version : What's leaking out of the battery box?

Bill Glenn
01-07-2007, 06:34 PM
I was a nice day so I got the D2 out to go for a pleasure ride.

But wait… what’s this leaking out of the battery box?

It smells ready bad to.

I took the top off of the battery box and I found a real mess.

A nest of at least four (thats how many ran out) mice.

So I spent a couple of hours cleaning everything up and I put new battery connectors on it.

Years ago when I restored this thing I rebuilt the battery box with a stainless steel bottom.

So there was little harm done.

What a mess!

These little guys are TROUBLE.

Oh, part of my problem may be that my big yellow cat, Charlie, (the feline type CAT) died a few months ago at the age of 14.

He was a REAL mouse-er cat.

That probably makes a difference.

gwhdiesel75
01-07-2007, 07:58 PM
Bill, it is time to get another "mouser"! GWH

D4Jim
01-07-2007, 09:56 PM
If it is any consolation, we have 7 good mousers (at least I thought they were) and we still get mice in the battery box of the D4 from time to time. I finally got smart and sealed all the holes. ;)

SJ
01-08-2007, 06:17 AM
Bill I wouldn,t let too much of this info. out or that animal rights group will be after you and then your going to be in real trouble and may end up loosing your D2 and that would be a night mare.Yes mice do find a home in places where they are not welcome.

84WD10
01-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Hello Bill & Family,

We are very sad to read on your message that your cat "CHARLIE" has died.

We still have him as a screen saver on this computer, and use him often.

Please accept our condolences in the loss of your family friend.

Alan & Nola Lewis
Christchurch
NEW ZEALAND

OCB
01-08-2007, 03:04 PM
Your grass is growing more than ours. Bad news for January.

Al Letts
01-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Shoot,
Here in Southern Ohio, my pear trees are already budding. Normally we have a foot or two of snow by now. Beginning to wonder why I bought a plow for the new tractor.

SJ
01-08-2007, 04:41 PM
I just saw on the news that here in N.E. Pa. in Wilkes Barre they were showing some cherry trees on the square out in blossom, sure is an odd year but I,m not complaining from the nice weather but it,s hard on the ski slopes here with no snow yet & too warm to make any.I went by a large lake here today & no ice what so ever on it.

gwhdiesel75
01-08-2007, 04:42 PM
SJ, aren't you the lucky dog! Here in Denver we have a lot of snow. But today it melted some, and I think tomorrow it will too. Am looking forward to green grass again. GWH

hicrop10
01-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Bill,you may want try some mothball.They work pretty good with keeping the mice away.The only draw back is the smell.Mike D

SJ
01-08-2007, 04:58 PM
GWH I have been watching your weather out there for some time & yes you really have taken a real hit on the chin this winter. The news said also tonight that it has never went this long without snow here but who knows one of these days we could get bombed with snow & bad weather.In Jan. 1996 we got hit very hard & then caused some pretty bad flooding with the thaw & the Red Cross came in & set up their food making at our church for two weeks to take to people who were effected from the water & property damage.Right here in my town we had no problems but the out lying areas did.It was very cold after the water came up & the Red Cross cooked the food outside under a big tent & then delivered it in big insulated containers to the areas where it was destributed out to the people effected.Being retired then I helped out with what I could.

gwhdiesel75
01-08-2007, 06:32 PM
The Northeast of the U.S. will probably get it come March, which is typical where the winter has been mild. GWH

Soapy
01-08-2007, 07:19 PM
If you easterners want to see some snow, the weathermen are predicting snow here on the valley floor, and in the Sierra Nevada foot hills on this coming Thursday. Come on out for a visit, and stay for the World Ag Expo, coming next month 13th- 14th- 15th.

Al Letts
01-08-2007, 08:51 PM
We Haw

We might see 1" of flurries overnight. DOT already prepped the roads with calcium spray. I think they wasted their time and material.

WEll editing after the morning after...NO SNOW AS USUALL

01-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Bill
Have you tried training reggie to be a mouser. We have rat terriers who love their job but won't ride on bulldozers. The funniest mouse story I have is the dog and cat teaming up to dig up a mouse. The rat terrier (spotty) did the digging and then the cat (brownie who looks like charlie) looked in the hole for the mouse. If he found nothing, spotty would get back in the whole for more digging. This went on until they caught one. Neither one was hungry so they took turns throwing it in the air and chasing it. I tried to save the mouse only to have brownie see me coming and he laid on the mouse acting like there was no mouse. I picked him up and the mouse ran away to start a new life

01-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Bill
Have you tried training reggie to be a mouser. We have rat terriers who love their job but won't ride on bulldozers. The funniest mouse story I have is the dog and cat teaming up to dig up a mouse. The rat terrier (spotty) did the digging and then the cat (brownie who looks like charlie) looked in the hole for the mouse. If he found nothing, spotty would get back in the whole for more digging. This went on until they caught one. Neither one was hungry so they took turns throwing it in the air and chasing it. I tried to save the mouse only to have brownie see me coming and he laid on the mouse acting like there was no mouse. I picked him up and the mouse ran away to start a new life