PDA

View Full Version : Old Magnet, Steering Clutch Discs

King of Obsolete
01-08-2007, 06:37 PM
on the steering clutch discs for the d6 9u known as THE HOOD, one side of the disc is woren compared to the other side. (not the steel discs) so i took 8complete steering clutch hubs)of them apart today and which is the side that wear so when i reassemble the good discs, which side should the thicker side be. fork side or final drive side???

thansk

Old Magnet
01-08-2007, 07:45 PM
From what I have seen they tend to wear a little more on the opening/closing side (towards forks) but there is no hard rule about this. It's the stack height that counts. Do I read you right, you took eight hubs apart searching for good discs??? Seems like the hard way of getting there.

King of Obsolete
01-08-2007, 08:22 PM
yes, i took eight apart, the fellow i got these cats from had extra hub in the shop, so when a cat gave him problem just change the hub and in the off season fix the hub with discs. i'm finding that the discs are thicker at one end of the hub, so i have picked thru and got 24 steel discs and 24 good discs. plus the inter and outer hubs too. it was -34C today, so inside the shop with the wood stove going placing with discs is enjoyable. LOL
i priced out discs, hubs and springs from general gear and it would be over $3000.00 landed in the KINGDOM. that is worth more then the whole cat, LOL
we have a week of extra cold weather so it was good planing on my part to have THE HOOD in the shop, going to get a lot done this week, LOL

thansk

Delta Dirt
01-08-2007, 09:00 PM
Magnet---

One of my dad's favorite sayings was "doing it the hard way; that's like making love in a hammock------------------------standing up".

Course the King would say: "man----wouldn't that be fun in the snow"!!!:D

We know about counting $$$ King-----ain't nothing better than working out of "in stock" inventory. Keep us posted on your progress----wish I had your energy.

Delta Dirt

King of Obsolete
01-08-2007, 09:20 PM
thansk DD, if i had more money then time i would do it the right way. but i seem to have more time then money when it gets cold.
will keep you posted, i had to whip up and thingy to press the hubs together, the hydraulic jack and a chain didn't worke very well, LOL

thansk

King of Obsolete
01-09-2007, 02:24 PM
ok, a day later the pictures, getting old and forgetting things. or maybe southern belle was calling me to the couch to cuddle, LOL

thansk

01-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Hello koo
I have just about read your all of your writings on your website and was just wondering. Have you ever finished writing the rest of your southern bell illness story. Its really none of my business but the story was certainly turning into a mystery. If the conclusion is in your book I will get busy looking for a copy. I hope the ice freezes up your way. So far my son has been waiting 10 years for enough snow to go 4 wheeling. He's still waiting. Maybe we just need to go on a0cat train tour for a week to get a real good dose. See you virtually later

King of Obsolete
01-10-2007, 07:57 AM
196200, southern belle is doing better and the canadian doctors know nothing. i'll be updating the story on her illness. thansk for asking.

glad he got to enjoy some snow, long wait, LOL

thansk

King of Obsolete
01-10-2007, 04:59 PM
the KING got luckly today, big time, LOL. i was changing the seals on where the shaft goes through the crown gear and found a toasted bearing. of cousre it is the hard one that you can't see behind the crown gear. so i worked my magic with the torch and it popped off with a couple of taps.(remember i can only see about 1/4 of an inch of this bearing) i was so lucky that the torch never even came close to the shaft. then i used my GREAT WHITE NORTH power pack and pressed on a new old stock bearing on.
it was a good day in the KINGDOM and only -35C.

thansk

Old Magnet
01-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Hi KoO,
Yes you were lucky on that one. Nice radial cutting on that inner race. How about the other side????

King of Obsolete
01-10-2007, 06:11 PM
old amgnet, lucked out on everything, torched just enough but not enough to do damage. a brand new tip and 60 psi of oxygen really help. it was a tricky place to get in to. what a better way to enjoythe cold weather. LOL

thansk

Old Magnet
01-10-2007, 09:11 PM
I meant the other bearing on other end of shaft, or did you do both??

King of Obsolete
01-10-2007, 09:17 PM
i was lucky and only had to change the one on the crown gear side, everything else was fine. wish it was the other side, that would have been a 10 minute job, LOL

once you call it a thingy, anyone in the world understands what you are talking about, LOL

i got all the seals from regal last spring so this project is only costing labour so far. the bearing and race i had they were in stock (sound professional,they were in the bearing pail in the cat shed, LOL)

thansk

King of Obsolete
01-11-2007, 05:16 PM
old magnet, woke up to -45C so it was in the shop to install the steering clutches in the hole. but it was a lot of fun trying to get the steering clutch that are thick with good discs. i even had to pop the fender out to get it to fit. it was like trying to get dolly parton in a training bra, but i did it. why couldn't caterpillar give 1/4 inch more room.
then i lowered the second one in the hole and got a couple of bolts started. that is it for today and it is beverage time, LOL.

note how i chained the steering clutch hub to the fender to get the big nut tight with a 3 foot pipe on the 3/4 power bar.

thansk

Old Magnet
01-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Hi KoO,
Your progress looks great. No, they didn't leave room for anything. I don't envy you having to reach over the fenders and that winch to get access. Can't imagine dealing with the temperatures even if you are in the shop. Just don't grab anything outside or you will become permanently stuck.:D :D

King of Obsolete
01-11-2007, 06:17 PM
thansk old magnet, i learned the last winter on how to do this steering clutch repair. remember i just popped one out and shoved in another untested hub and it worked, LOL
this time i had the seals since last summer, knew to drive the cat in the shop with no blade or c-frame, plus pop the tracks off. when i lifted the back end up i place the blocks so they are a set of stairs plus angled to gain access to drain holes. the fuel tank was taken outside for more room and this time i left lots of room at the work bench area. don't mind the fenders, good for holding the tools, as for the winch, that is why i'm having a stiff beverage.
there sure are a lot of tricks to learn when working on a cat, the manual should be 3 times as thick, LOL
plus i had planned on a week in the shop during this cold spell which is perfect because the doors are iced up pretty good. the shop floor is cold because i have turned off the 2 cieling fans when i'm working. i whacked my bald spot pretty good and i figured a little cold is better then a little blood, LOL
next summer i want to build a bigger shop so i can use the crane cat for the lifting, change it to propane and we are a way.

thansk

Walt D7-3T
01-11-2007, 07:10 PM
old magnet, woke up to -45C so it was in the shop to install the steering clutches in the hole. but it was a lot of fun trying to get the steering clutch that are thick with good discs. i even had to pop the fender out to get it to fit. it was like trying to get dolly parton in a training bra, but i did it. why couldn't caterpillar give 1/4 inch more room.
then i lowered the second one in the hole and got a couple of bolts started. that is it for today and it is beverage time, LOL.

note how i chained the steering clutch hub to the fender to get the big nut tight with a 3 foot pipe on the 3/4 power bar.

thansk

Hey KoO,

When you were saying, ...like getting Dolly Parton in a training bra.... then you said, ...but I did it... were you meaning you did get Dolly in a training bra?:D :D :D

01-11-2007, 07:45 PM
The military would say that you have "total asset visibility in your supply chain". Knowing which coffee can holds the bolts to my m35a2 6 by 6 says I have to "total asset visibility in my supply chain". Its too bad my wife does not have this same visibility or I'd ask her to go find the bolt I need.

King of Obsolete
01-12-2007, 11:14 AM
oh you guys are too funny.

old magnet, do you think they put the wrong sprockets on THE HOOD. there is about 1/2 out to the inside according to the bottom rollers. at least both sides are the same, LOL

also, here is how i blocked it so i could get the drain pails under and use the blocks as steps.

thansk

Old Magnet
01-12-2007, 01:52 PM
Hi KoO,
Yes, the sprockets do look off center to the track frame. Check the dead axle attachment journal at the back of the tractor to see where you are center location wise. There are some shims to play with in the final drive axle hub but that's a lot to ask for.
Are those weld on rims on those sprockets? can't tell in pics. May have been welded off center. Not likely to be wrong sprockets as there isn't much else that uses the 6.75 in. pitch in the D6 size.

That was good thinking on the blocking and access at the rear.
We do get wiser (if not smarter) with age:D :D

W.K.TEDDYBEAR
01-13-2007, 04:00 AM
[QUOTE=King of Obsolete;2297]the KING got luckly today, big time, LOL. so i worked my magic with the torch and it popped off with a couple of taps.

THAT MUST HAVE BEEN SOME GOOD MAGIC,WHERE CAN I GET SOME OF IT?
GOOD JOB!
TAKE CARE AND HAVE A GOOD ONE1
PAUL

Old Magnet
01-13-2007, 06:40 PM
KoO,
Did you find anything more on the track truck alignment. If the sprockets rims are not weld on (misaligned) and there is room for adjustment on the inner pivot of the track frame and you've done all you can with the shims then it's time to check the stuff the manual doesn't tell you like how far up the splines the sprocket hub is pressed and the location of the pressed in dead axle. Not good news but now is the time to check with the tracks off.

Dirt Dog
01-16-2007, 11:12 AM
the KING got luckly today, big time, LOL. i was changing the seals on where the shaft goes through the crown gear and found a toasted bearing. of cousre it is the hard one that you can't see behind the crown gear. so i worked my magic with the torch and it popped off with a couple of taps.(remember i can only see about 1/4 of an inch of this bearing) i was so lucky that the torch never even came close to the shaft. then i used my GREAT WHITE NORTH power pack and pressed on a new old stock bearing on.
it was a good day in the KINGDOM and only -35C.

thansk

Hey King, I see how you pressed the coupler back on the tapered shaft, but what kinda equipment (rig :D ) did u use to get the coupler off.

King of Obsolete
01-16-2007, 04:28 PM
dirt dog, i used the torch and nicked the crap out of it to get it off, very lucky day, LOL

old magnet, i think i found the problem. some fellow who didn't have a book or access to the intenet got carried away with the shims. take a look, get rid of the shims and everything will go back to centre, or be very close.

thansk

King of Obsolete
01-16-2007, 05:04 PM
also did some welding in the track frame thingy area, so click on and see it on shop floor talk.

http://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=137713#post137713

thansk

Old Magnet
01-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Hi KoO,
No wonder the bugger was out of align. LOL You didn't read me the fine print.
Dropped on its side will do it every time. Glad to see you are making her right again, at least as close as possible. Not to tight up against that dead axle nut I hope.

Dirt Dog, I think there is some confusion. The coupling can be removed one of two ways. Two 5/8 jack bolts through the coupler pushing against the heads of two bolts for the bearing cage or use the stubby hydraulic cylinder and puller bar. I believe it was the bearing race that got the torch job. KoO, did I get it right?

King of Obsolete
01-16-2007, 06:37 PM
yes old magnet, it was the bearing race, if i had screwed it up, then 2 more days to pull the crown gear shaft, got lucky,LOL
yes the track frame arm is right against the dead axle nut, so i'll remove the shims and it will have enough room. like to know where the fellow got all the shims from, LOL they are all the same thickness so they were bought at caterpillar, LOL i hope the fellow was not the head mechanic for a fleet of winter freighting cats. think of all the sprockets that are woren on one side plus all the shims that were order from caterpillar (capterpillar parts man must have stocked up on shims because this fellow was ordering every week. once he got fired, caterpillar parts man never sold a shim in 10 years, LOL)

thansk

Dirt Dog
01-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Dirt Dog, I think there is some confusion. The coupling can be removed one of two ways. Two 5/8 jack bolts through the coupler pushing against the heads of two bolts for the bearing cage or use the stubby hydraulic cylinder and puller bar. I believe it was the bearing race that got the torch job. KoO, did I get it right?

Koo and OM - thanx, the coupling was what I was curious about, I understand now.

dd

King of Obsolete
01-16-2007, 08:20 PM
thansk, it was a hard place to do a photo shoot

thansk

King of Obsolete
01-17-2007, 06:23 PM
well is was a good day in the KINGDOM with a little welding happening. i welded up the saddle and got it all straight. plus it was warm enough for the loader out and bring up a few spare parts, LOL

thansk

Old Magnet
01-17-2007, 08:44 PM
Hi KoO,
Looks like some serious surgery to make repairs on the outer bearing housing attachment bolts. You're all to eager for that torch heat. LOL
Looks good:D :D

King of Obsolete
01-17-2007, 09:32 PM
yes old magnet, heat is good, i got smart this year and put my portable welder inside the shop and ran a 14 foot exhaust pipe to the wood stove chimmey. talk about warming up the shop, plus doing some nice welds, LOL

now we start the OTHER side, it is not as bad since it didn't get damaged when the cat was dropped, LOL

also it is the spoke idler which is bigger, i got 6 spare solid ones and only one spoke one. that is thrusday project.

i here it is cold in california, not got fro the ladies in their bathing suits, LOL

thansk

King of Obsolete
01-18-2007, 05:55 PM
well another day on the D6 9U known as THE HOOD. i got the mess all cleaned up and welded properly from the torching the fellow did. but today it was get rid of the bird sh*t welds that were holding the front idler guide tightener thingy inplace plus the front spring placment. so a little air arcing and BYE BYE booger welds and will be putting in the thick plate to cover the mess and give strength. the thickness will raise the front of the cat up some since it has sagged from 50 years of wear and tear. (humans sagg too after 50 years that is why the invented belts and bras, LOL)
one thing that makes these cats winter freighting cats is the leaning front idlers, you only see this in winter frieghting cats because they travel for miles with the blade up and speed is involved. so after 50 year they look knocked kneed. so the quickest and easiest thing to do is cut the track frame and get everything straight and reweld. this spot is the easiest to torch and weld. don't worry about the length, i need the pratice on welding, LOL i never would have thought there would be water in the track frame, but after 3 years under water, water gets into every where.
on friday we weld and weld and weld, that heats up the shop very nicely at -24C.

thansk

PS old magnet, i think i'll move to california because the cats are in better shape just like the ladies. but then again it would make life boring, LOL when you think about it, this cat was under water for 3 years, dropped from a 50 ton crane and is knocked kneed, LOL other then that it is in mint shape, LOl

Old Magnet
01-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Hi KoO,
Hey, some of them old California broads have about the same description. LOL
About the pics, first and last one are straight forward but what the hell is the second one with the rasty looking water and piece of angle iron. I don't recognize where your aiming on the D6:o :o . Wow, new adjuster guide, hard bar pad and major reweld:D
At least you don't have to worry about sagging front spring. Looks like the shops going to be warm for a couple of days.

King of Obsolete
01-18-2007, 06:58 PM
the angle iron is laying on the top of the track frame where it is the flatest and the longest. instead of cutting the track frame up where there is 2 round pices and have to climb under to weld. this area was the easiest (remember i have one more cat known as the BISMARK to do, he had a blade too. where as the third one known as ROLLER-LESS had no blade or winch. let me know when you are really confused, LOL) on friday i'll post some detailed pictures of the welds.
also i can't believe how much water was inside the track frame.

thansk

King of Obsolete
01-19-2007, 07:18 PM
today we welded with the 3/16 MANLY rod using the ranger 250. i welded the plate on and then did free hand on the front idler build up. it looks pretty good for not laying out a pattern, LOL

thansk

Old Magnet
01-19-2007, 09:31 PM
Weld repairs look good.:D :D Why the buildup on the center of the idler????
No wear going on there except at the edge of the flange. What rod are you using for build up?

Billy D7 4T
01-20-2007, 08:41 AM
I was really curios, how do you exhaust the smoke from the stick welding process, those repairs certainly will be strong and I'll bet your glad to get em done, those 9U's ought to serve the kingdom well once they each pass through the un-obsolete processing station, I mean your shop :D !, but boy I'm worryin about the wear and tear on the King over here, I remember doing a short quick weld repair on one of my trucks shock absorber mounts, using 7018 stick and just small bead or large tack weld, literally smoked the place out in no time.

King of Obsolete
01-20-2007, 09:01 AM
thansk, old magnet i used 7018 licoln excalibre rods, good rods and not expensive. as for welding the centre of the roller, it doesn't take long and it sure makes it easy for putting the track back on when it pops off. the centre of the roller is very slippery when you are in snow and ice. the cross welds give it traction so the track climbs back on.

billy, we open the shop doors and a little vent door. with the welder running (exhaust piped to the wood stove) the shop gets very hoot, so door open airs it out. i will only weld like this a couple of time in the winter, other then that it is all down outside.

thansk

King of Obsolete
01-20-2007, 05:23 PM
here is what i did today and everything is nice and tight and even straight, LOL

thansk

Old Magnet
01-20-2007, 06:29 PM
Looks Good.
See you had to split the swing arm to get it there.......
What are the plans for the carrier roller stand. Back to roller or the wood skid??
Built to last. LOL. Probably out live the both of us:D :D

King of Obsolete
01-27-2007, 05:49 PM
thansk guys, i was able to get back on THE HOOD today after being the social butterfly for the last week. we had some people up from the land down under and spent the whole time looking at the computer screen for days on end. after about 4 days i know why i don't work in an office with ladies with low cut blouses and high cut skirts.
so today i was in the shop getting dirty and loving every minute of it, it must be the stero cranked up to the 80s rock and roll, LOL. i went to tighten up the little tinny guards on the sprocket area and i noticed things were not right. so i popped the saddle thing off and then things got really loose. so now i know why the sprocket is woren like it is. everything was moving. so now we have to fix it up and get it back to being as good as it will get for a 50 old machine. LOL

old magnet we will be doing the wooden roller thing to make it a ture winter freighting cat.

thansk

King of Obsolete
01-29-2007, 04:43 PM
well after a day of thought, it was decide that we will make a sprocket out of the new rd6 one. by the time i wait and get one from 1000 kms to the south. i can have this cat back together.
i needed a spocket puller so i whipped one up and i decided to weld the arms on because i knew that they would be under pressure. pumped up the jack and just a tap on the back of the spocket and pop it went. WOW EH!!!!!
so i have the right pitch but one tooth short because of the different diameters in sprockets.
only in the great white north EH!!!!!

thansk

Old Magnet
01-29-2007, 06:14 PM
Hi KoO,
I like your puller:D :D How many ton jack is that, looks like about a 50

Thats the hard way to make a sprocket but I can't think of any reason why not.
Watch the warpage, keeping it clamped/tack welded to the old one will help when it comes time to trim it all up and finish weld it.

What kind of shape is the finals mounting hub in? The one the sprocket goes on.

Ok, I looked closer and see you have them tacked together, good.
Lots of the sprocket rims were mounted by cutting them and welding in place without pulling anything,
Just a few more cuts is all. LOL
Not how I would prefer to do it by yours is genuine necessity.

King of Obsolete
01-29-2007, 06:34 PM
yes old magnet, everything is good on the hub, it is a weld rim on the hub and not installed right.

only in the great white north, LOL

thansk

Delta Dirt
01-29-2007, 06:57 PM
Segmented sprockets with no bolts.:D

Magnet---

Do you reckon the ice will act as a filler for the one missing tooth?:confused:

Go ahead on King----you got the bull by the balls, uh----I mean horns.:D :cool:

Delta Dirt

King of Obsolete
01-29-2007, 07:01 PM
DD, i have no choice, made phone calls and such luck but i was caught off guard. i thought i had one in the inventory in the KINGDOM.
so by tuesday afternoon it will be going back on and by the weekend we should be pushing snow.

thansk

Old Magnet
01-29-2007, 07:10 PM
Hi DD,
Good one on the "Segmented Sprockets":)
I'm sure the "dentist" will take care of that tooth. No wooden ones though:D

OCB
01-30-2007, 04:10 AM
You are one individual who thinks outside the box. Maybe it is what it takes for the great North Land. Reading your work in the little shop needs to be required training for some the individuals who can't work because their adjustable wrench didn't say Cresent. ( It was an American made.)
Your dad should be proud of your can not fail drive.

King of Obsolete
01-30-2007, 06:44 AM
ocb, i think if i lived in the south i would be very very bored, LOL

thansk to the BB i knew it was the right pitch of sprocket, then we could start making one.

thansk

King of Obsolete
01-30-2007, 04:24 PM
ok worked the magic with the torch and welder. problem i had was the old sprocket was of poor casting because there is a layer of something and the torch won't cut it. so i removed the chrome welds and did a test fit. look good, even the tooth fits good.
more welding to come

thansk

OCB
01-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Yes we in the southland would be really be bored with out your stories, I mean writing. You have taken on a real project, Whats the town coffee drinkers say?
The weatherman promises us our first Snow on Thursday. So far we have dodged the Ice also. I like snow & cold but no wind.
May Green (JD) and shades of Yellow continue great stories. Clay

Old Magnet
01-30-2007, 05:42 PM
Hi KoO,
Man, that looks like tough going. Must have used some high nickel rod to put that old ring on. What you got looks pretty good. Now you will have to put a filler piece on each spoke. Looks like the shop will be warm for another day or two. Good job of anchoring everything. Warpedge is half the battle. I hate it when you have to lay beads just to straighten stuff out then have to grind it away.

Delta Dirt
01-30-2007, 08:59 PM
King---

I am moving you right on up there in Swishy's status----remember Doc Swishy and his famous "eye exams" (damn near burned both of my eyes looking at those good looking women).:rolleyes:

Now we've got this new "tooth dentist" here on the board who is approaching the title of "Dr." King of Obsolete (specializing in old teeth)-----and hopefully not old women.:D

------and have damn near burned both eyes looking at all the welding.:D

Keep up the good work-----wish I had some of your energy.

Delta Dirt

King of Obsolete
01-30-2007, 09:11 PM
thansk DD, was side tracked today so i didn't get it done, i would like it done tomorroowww, LOL

lots of welds and must be clean

thansk

King of Obsolete
02-02-2007, 05:05 PM
well i worked my magic and mad a RD6 sprocket fit the D6 9U which was not bad since it was one tooth short. so today it was assembly time and whipp up a handmade a spanner wrench.
(would like to buy a cat adjustable one someday) so at 4:30 today i needed a bearing race and the nearest one is 1200 kms away, go figure because it is friday (i thought i had a spare race and when i went t install it didn't like it, i have come this far so what is another couple of days???) so i phone my brother in-law and he is sending me one on the bus tonight. family comes in handy once in a while, LOL
we weld and weld tommorrow. got to get this cat finished because i need to angle plow the snow in the yard.

thansk

Old Magnet
02-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Hi KoO,
Looks pretty good for a fabricated sprocket;)
Maybe it's just the picture but that missing tooth replacement looks to have a strange arc to it. Does it match the cross section curvature with the others??

King of Obsolete
02-02-2007, 06:27 PM
wow you caught that right off the bat, so "old" magnet is not that old, LOL

since the sprocket only use every second tooth and i only had once shot at trying to cut a very poor casting job and i needed that tooth. ( was not going to put a td-18 tooth in to fill the space, LOL) so i cut it and then welded the sprocket together with one dip thing a little out. all others match and the chain will ride on those ones. very pleased at the way it turned out and it was better then what i started with.

thansk

Old Magnet
02-02-2007, 06:34 PM
Gotcha, so long as it is not the high tooth it'll work out.

Also noticed you went to the trouble of using old spoke filler pieces....nice touch

King of Obsolete
02-02-2007, 07:06 PM
yes i used the sokes from the rd-6 sprocket so it will be the same material when welding. getting smart in my old age, LOL

besides i didn't have to go out in the snow bank and shovel around till i found something, LOL

the best part is all except one chrome weld is gone, never liked chrome, LOL

took my ime welding and did lots of flipping the sprocket arund to control the heat.

thansk

King of Obsolete
03-05-2007, 05:31 PM
well it is coming together, drag the tracks up over the new wooden top rollers, LOL

thansk

Old Magnet
03-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Looks good,
I know you did a lot of hard work, hope it pays off for you. Whens the test run going to be:D

King of Obsolete
03-05-2007, 06:03 PM
the test run better be this week because the snow is deep and i need the big cat to whip it aside with the andle blade. the little td-6 known as the KOMMUNIST KAT is having a hard time, LOL

thansk

Manx Kat
03-05-2007, 08:50 PM
Looks like the weeks are about that long in the GWN you did say you would have it in fixed and back out plowing snow in a week. I know what it can be like I fix and build enuogh of my own stuff.

D.K. in S.K.

King of Obsolete
03-06-2007, 06:22 AM
this turned out to be a long project. a lot of little things got fixed.

thansk

King of Obsolete
03-06-2007, 04:07 PM
well it was a good day in the KINGDOM, got the tracks tightened up and the master pin welded. i used the threaded rod to pull it together and used a track pad to make sure the bolt holes line up.
i did up hand weld to seal the master pin. this will do for miles of winter freighting.

thansk

King of Obsolete
03-07-2007, 03:51 PM
did the test run today because i needed the shop to thaw out the water truck. i don't put the seat o until everything has been adjusted, so the small fuel tank and the 5 gallon pail are only temporary, LOL
things went well till i ran out of fuel plowing my nieghbour's yard, never thought at full throotle and pushing a full blade and blowing black smoke would eat up the little fuel tank. so i just towed THE HOOD backwards with the steering clutches tied off back to the KINGDOM. no sense playing with a bunch of fuel when i'm going to put the fuel tank back on. so tomorrow i'll finish the project. the water truck is more important, LOL

thansk

Old Magnet
03-07-2007, 07:03 PM
Where's the pic of you and the "bucket seat"??
Well at least it doesn't sound like you broke anything on the "pilot run" LOL

King of Obsolete
03-08-2007, 05:46 PM
sorry old magnet, couldn't drive the cat and work the camera at the same time, LOL
ok, now try and push a cold cat backwards in the little shop with the blade angled. it fits but not straight. couple of hours and will be back in business plowing deep snow.

thansk

Old Magnet
03-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Looks cozy alright, still ya got more covered space to work in than I do. Got 3,000 sq. ft. of triple garage and space under the house but still have a "Montana" shop. Collected so much stuff I've driven myself outdoors although that isn't much of a problem in our climate:D :D

King of Obsolete
03-08-2007, 06:07 PM
oh i don't think i could work out side in your climate, i'll be like tractor don and sit in a chair suburvising with a ice cold beverage with lots of ice in the glass to remind me of home, LOL

the little shop is great to heat, only 2 pallets a day in the wood stove then electric furnace at nice to keep it at 50F for the dogs.

thansk