PDA

View Full Version : BB vs New computer

OCB
01-25-2007, 02:17 PM
I purchased an new DELL E521 computer and have numerous problems. One problem seems to related to this BB. I use a Dial-up modem. My internet security is Trend Micro PC-Cillan 14. With virus protect off, I seem to have one less problem. With virus protection on and connected to ACMOC.ORG my computer will occasionly freeze. Your site being rebiult and my software being new, is there some problem being overlooked. DELL has not come up with a solution yet, Any ideas.
Keep up your good work and good site. Clay

biggastractor
01-25-2007, 05:22 PM
Greetings, Make sure that the modem software you have installed on your computer is the most current. Make sure that the drivers for that new modem are the most up to date that you can get from the manufactors website. Don't necssarily trust that just because it is a new computer that a newer version of software is available. Then call your internet service provider and tell them the brand and version of drivers you have. Hopefully they are doing the same on their end of the circuit. Ask them to check so that their modems are up to date too. This will go along way towards having the computer work well on the internet.
Good Luck
Biggastractor