PDA

View Full Version : 2010 ACMOC National SHow

rustrunner
04-03-2009, 07:04 AM
In case you have not heard, the 2010 ACMOC National Show wii be:
Date: August 25-29, 2010
Hosting club: Tri-State Gas Engine and Tractor Association, Inc
Club website: www.tristategasengine-tractor.com

To start things off the Family will commit to have the following at the show. Not only some of our Cats, but also equipment for all of you to use in the fields while you are there.

Of Interest
Complete Set of ACMOC News Letters (Vol-1 through current)

TRACTORS
1. Cat High 10 Conversion (With conversion kit manuals)
2. Holt 10 Ton
3. Best 60
4. Best 60 w/Belt Pulley
5. CAT D8 8R w Let K30 Rooter
6. CAT RD7
7. CAT D7 3T w/Let cable blade
8. CAT 65 w/Belt Pulley
9. CAT 60
10. CAT Gas 50 w/Belt Pully
11. CAT RD6
12. CAT D-40
13. CAT D-40
14. Gas 40
15. CAT 30 w/Unique Blade
16. CAT 28
17. CAT 22
18. CAT 22 Orchard
19. CAT 15
20. Cletrac BG
21. Cletrac A
22. Maybe’s are:
a. R2
b. 2 Ton
c. Cletrac E w 4 Row Avery cultivator
d. Rumely #3 Combine
e. CAT Combine
f. IH TD-18
g. Let. LS Scraper

Other Equipment we will provide for your working pleasure:

1. Adams 12 Grader
2. Adams ?? Grader
3. GoodRoads 4 wheel Maintainer
4. Oliver 1 shank Ripper (Rope Trip)
5. Killifer 3 Shank Ripper (Rope Trip)
6. IH #2 Tractor Cultivator (Rope Trip)
7. JD 4 Bottom Disc Plow (Rope Trip)
8. Moline 4 Bottom Disc Plow (Rope Trip)
9. JD Offset Disc (Rope Trip)
10. Towner Offset Disc
11. P&O 2 Bottom Chain Life Plow (Rope Trip)
12. P&O 3 Bottom Chain Life Plow (Rope Trip)
13. Dunham Cultamulcher (Rope Trip)
14. IH 5 Bottom Plow (Rope Trip)
15. Case 2 Bottom Plow (Rope Trip)
16. Oliver 2 Bottom Plow (Rope Trip)
17. IH 4 Bottom Plow (Rope Trip)
18. IH 3 Bottom Plow (Rope Trip)
19. IH 1 Bottom 18” Plow (Rope Trip)
20. Several Hyd Lift plows

Maybe’s are:

Case Sattley 8 bottom gang plow

rustrunner
04-03-2009, 08:10 AM
Other Information that May Be Important:

Besides CAT, the show will have a Feature Tractor and Feature hit&miss Engine:

Tractor - Massey Harris
Engine - Michigan Made Engines

Also:

Camping Spots (not all with power) - Over 1500
Parts Vendors - Over 300
Antique Vendors - Over 200
Seperate saw mill area
Seperate thrashing area

In addition, the show has a Trading Post, where anybody can have the show sell tractors, parts, antiques, tools, etc for them. The area is managed and secured by the show staff, but each sale is charged a fee. Thousand of items are sold through the Trading Post, and is a good way to sell items at the show and not have to man the sales activities yourself. SO bring stuff that you want to sell, and still enjoy the show.

catalac
04-03-2009, 08:26 AM
Wow, what a great start. :) The May-June issue of the ACMOC magazine will have an ad for the show, and details are available on the ACMOC website.

I would like to encourage others to bring their Cat, Holt, Best, Russell, and other Cat related machines. The goal is to display at least 150 of these machines in addition to the ag equipment that is displayed at each annual Tri-State Gas Engine and Tractor Association, Inc show.

Watch this board, the ACMOC website, and the ACMOC Magazine for more information as it becomes available.

Regards,
Lee

B4D2
04-03-2009, 08:52 AM
Nice! Almost in my backyard. I am looking forward to it.:D

ag-mike
06-30-2009, 11:17 AM
cat not the feature tractor might be a problem. that place is crowded and areas get roped off week before the show. does acmoc have a reserved area for their doings? its the greatest engine show ever, so bring your favorite putt,putt too. some of the directors should make this years show so they know whats what. is there going tobe a work area?

rustrunner
07-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Do not worry about space.

There will be a dedicated area for Caterpillar, along with an area for feature tractors, an area for the non feature tractors, and an area for engines over 10hp, an area for engines under 10hp, an area for swap meet, an area for non-tractor antiques, an area for saw mill work, an area for thrashing, and a working area.

There is another 40 acres east of the show graunds that have never been used. I believe that all that will be opened up for field work, along with the 20 or so that has been used for field work.

I would advise that thoes that have a hard time walking bring a golf cart - you will need it.

rustrunner
07-01-2009, 01:04 PM
I thought I would add a little more to my response just in case there are other questions.

I addition to my comments, there are 3 (I think) horse barns dedicated to Arts and Crafts.

A 40x80 barn + 1/3 acre are dedicated to the Trading Post (see my first 2 posts).

One barn is dedicated to Antique Spark Plug displays.

There is an area primarily dedicated to peddle cars and antique cars and trucks.

There is a Horse racing track w/grand stands where the parade will be.

In addition, Friday and Saturday nights there will be live entertainment on the stage in front of the grand stands.

All food and drink stands are run by local civic organizations and are their primary fund raising activity for the year.

If you are looking for flee market stuff (not allowed on the show grounds), just outside the main gate there is about ½ a mile of street that is full of that.

If you are going to bring your Motor home or Camper the camping area is next to west side of the show grounds. However, this will be ½ - ¾ of a mile from where the Cat’s will be depending on where you can park your camper.

If you drive to the show parking is both north and south of the show grounds, there is shuttle service from the north parking area to the North gate.

There are a lot of other things going on Downtown Portland, including antique shopping, Quilt show, etc.

There is an Official opening of the show every morning at 9:00 am (all equipment stop). Both the US and Canada National Anthems are played since so many people from Canada display at the show.

Other questions, I will try to answer.

catalac
07-01-2009, 01:35 PM
The tent for ACMOC Vendors, the ACMOC Machine parking, and the work area will all be in close proximity to each other.

ACMOC will have space at the show this year with merchandise & flyers for the show next year. Stop by and say hi to Tricia and Jenny. I want to attend one of the days this year, but haven't worked out which day as yet.

Regards,
Lee

deetwocat
08-02-2009, 07:53 PM
i am going to count the days i go to this show every year for the last ten years even if i live in canada five hours away i will bring my restored d2 cant wait

Orchard22
08-07-2009, 05:03 PM
man!,that's alot of stuff hope it's as fun as i think it's going to be. hope i can go.:D

JasonPayneCrawlers
08-11-2009, 09:37 PM
I had a blast at this years show. I just checked mapquest it says 13 hrs for me one way not to bad I will be there with some stuff:)

zootownjeepguy
09-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Good to hear that ACMOC will be at Portland next year. I go to Portland EVERY YEAR (scince 1984). Excellent show!!! I Wouldn't miss it for the world ( I don't want the world, where would I put it?).
A little "Heads-Up" for the newbies. Don't forget your Rain Gear (boots, rain suit, umbrella, etc.). It always seems to rain at least a little bit during the show, so be prepared. Also, Lots of spending cash is a good thing to have because if you're looking for it, it's there somewhere ...unless somebody else saw it first.
Looking forward to it already!!:) :) :)

bluebarn
10-13-2009, 06:24 PM
I too was happy to hear that the National show will be at Portland. It was good to see some Cats working in the field during the show this year. I look forward to next year and all that it brings.

A few views from the Cat display this year...and a few more at the top half of the link.
http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr/ShowReports/2009Portland2.htm

http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr/images/Shows/2009Portland/Tractors/05.jpg

http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr/images/Shows/2009Portland/Tractors/04.jpg

http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr/images/Shows/2009Portland/Tractors/06.jpg

zootownjeepguy
02-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Hi, I have been going to Portland for a couple decades and love the show and grounds!! Just want to let all of you know that it always Rains at least one day during the show (it wouldn't be "Portland" without rain). With over 10,000 people per day it can get really muddy in a big hurry, so Don't forget your Boots and Rain gear!!
See you there!

catalac
02-12-2010, 09:38 AM
The 2010 ACMOC National Show is in Portland, Indiana on August 25th through 29th. It is in conjunction with the Tri-State Gas Engine and Tractor Show, so there will be something for everyone at this show.

Portland, Indiana is located along the Ohio-Indiana border approximately 2.5 hours drive Northeast of the airport in Indianapolis. Anyone needing accommodations in the Portland area, go to www.acmoc.org, click on events, go to the Portland show, then down load the list of hotels and campgrounds complete with contact information and driving distances. Make your reservations early. This is a big show so area accommodations fill up fast.

Anyone wanting to camp on the grounds, be aware there is a large camping area with very reasonable fees located on the show grounds. It is managed on a first come, first served basis, and fills up before the show starts, so if you want to camp on the grounds, you will need to be there early to claim a space.

If you are bringing equipment to exhibit, you can give me a call or send an email to get your tractor on the list (not mandatory, but helpful for planning purposes). We are well on our way to our goal of 150 pieces of Cat, Holt, and Best equipment on display. Also, we are attempting to assemble a display including one of each of the D7 series. We are still in need of a 7M or 1T, 4T, 6T, and 17A to complete the display. The official registration form for machine exhibitors will be available on the ACMOC website on March 1st.

If you are interested in touring a local collection of rare old tractors (mostly non-Cat), please sign up at the ACMOC tent on Tuesday before the show. The tour will most likely be on Tuesday evening, but this date could change. The collection is located about 25 miles from the show grounds, so if you are willing to drive and transport others, please make that known when you sign up. Departure information will be available at the tent.

Tricia and her staff will be in the ACMOC tent along with other vendors of merchandise related to antique machinery and memorabilia. The ACMOC tent will be located in the Cat, Holt, and Best tractor display area. A vendor registration form will be on the website starting on March 1st. Space will be assigned on a first come, first served basis.

The banquet will be on Friday evening, August 27 at Bear Creek Farms Country Resort, 8339 North 400 East, Bryant, Indiana. There will be a membership meeting at 7:00 PM with Dinner at 7:30 and a speaker after the meal. Banquet tickets will be available on the website on March 1st, or you can call the office to order them. The phone number there is 309/691-5002. The ticket price is $21 per person. Club members and non-members with an interest in ACMOC are welcome.

Golf carts are permitted on the show grounds. There is a city ordinance spelling out the “rules of the road” for golf carts. The ordinance is posted on the Tri-State Gas Engine and Tractor Association website. Tricia is looking for contact information for the cart vendors. We will post the information here when it is available. You will need to reserve a cart in advance unless you bring your own.

I look forward to seeing you in August at Portland. :)

Regards,
Lee

Tom Madden
02-12-2010, 09:57 AM
Lee:

If all things go according to plan I will be there for Friday and Saturday and I am really looking forward to attending this show. Please post up here when you have a list of cart vendors as I would love to have one to see as much as possible at the show.

Tom

Tom Madden
02-26-2010, 08:46 PM
I booked my Hotel room for Thurs, Fri and Saturday night today and am looking forward to this huge show. OK Dan V. I look forward to seeing you and your collection and all of the other collectors from the Midwest and Eastern part of the Country.

rayblew
03-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Rustrunner,

I going to try and attend the show as an observer. Any idea where I could find out what year of CAT combine I have? The serial number is E1211.

Ray Blew

bruce oz
03-05-2010, 02:32 PM
hello rayblew ,willie answered your question in your other post ,bruce oz

quote willie----It is a Caterpillar 38 Combine first built in 1930 starting with ser.no. E-1204 that makes it the 7th one made in 1930

catalac
05-21-2010, 09:23 PM
Hi Everyone,

Here is additional information regarding the 2010 ACMOC National Show on August 25th through 29th at Portland, Indiana.

First, for anyone who is in need of a golf cart for use at the show, you can contact Kniekamp Rentals at 419/925-5208. Mike Kniekamp recommends that carts be reserved so you are sure to have one when you need it. Mike is an Oliver collector, but is very interested in the Caterpillar machines. He is not a member of ACMOC as yet, but maybe we can sign him up.

ACMOC Exhibitors are requested to enter the gate on Votaw Street. It will be the second show grounds gate if you are headed East from Portland’s Main Street. Loading docs are available, and there will be ample parking for tractors with Lowboy parking on the East side of the grounds.

Ron Meeder will be handling the safety meetings again this year. See Ron to schedule your safety meeting. Safety rules will be available and posted.

There is also ample space for pushing dirt including a couple of projects that will help out the local club.

On Friday night, the banquet will be held at Bear Creek Farms near Bryant, Indiana. A brief membership meeting will be held before dinner, and Steve Garnett from Caterpillar will talk to us about the new D7E Electric Drive Tractor after dinner. Directions to the Banquet Facility will be available at the ACMOC tables during the show.

The parade on Saturday will include the ACMOC tractors as well as the farm tractors on exhibit. Tom Madden will announce the ACMOC portion of the parade.

Parking is available for about 200 Caterpillar machines with overflow parking if we need it. So help us fill the ACMOC parking area. The local club is expecting 1200 farm tractors and many, many engines. Some unusual Caterpillar items will be on display including several Single Cylinder Oil Test Engines. Effort is underway to assemble a complete line of D7s for display.

Mark your calendars, this is going to be a great show. Bring any friends who may be interested in the Cat machinery or in joining ACMOC.

Regards,
Lee

rustrunner
05-26-2010, 08:47 AM
For more information on PORTLAND, here is a google map that indicates the location of the show grounds. You will see Hwy 27 running North and South. and Hwy 26/67 comming from the West. If you are on Hwy 26/67 (heading East) and you cross Hwy 27 you are on E Votaw ST that leads to the gate for equipment delivery to the show grounds. You see that Votaw St changes to E Division Rd - At that location is where the equipment entry gate is. There are 2 loading docks at that location both having a high and low dock.

N. Morton ST (running north and south) is closed between the Camping area and the show grounds during the week of the show.

(General admission must park in the North or South parking area and pay at the gate)

Since Flee Market type stuff are not allowed on the Show Grounds, the yards on each side of Votaw street from Hwy 27 to Morton St is filled with venders.

A detailed map of the show area will be comming soon.

Just for reference, the camping area is almost 40 acres, and the work area is about 70 acres.

rustrunner
05-26-2010, 11:04 AM
Attached is a more detailed layout of the Grounds.

For a point of ref. the Parts Area is 17 acres.

The new road (in green) is to be built by ACMOC while there.

Hope this helps.

Dan

rustrunner
07-02-2010, 07:44 AM
The Quilt Club in the Portland area (which my sister belongs) has asked me to post a picture of the Quilt that will be raffled off during the show.

The Quilt show will be held uptown Portland at the Art's Place, 131 E. Walnut St.
Hours are Thur and Fri 10-6, and Sat 10-3 (If you want to enter a quilt, entries will be accepted Wed 12-2)

Tickets for the Raffle Quilt are $1 and can be purchased at the quilt show.

Transportation to and from the Tractor show and downtown is provided every hour.

acmocED
07-06-2010, 02:40 PM
Get your Banquet tickets now on our website http://www.acmoc.org/index.php?option=com_oscommerce&osMod=product_info&Itemid=60&products_id=260 or by calling the office at 309-691-5002. Tickets are $21 each.

The Banquet is Friday, August 27, 2010 at Bear Creek Farms in Bryant, Indiana (about 15 miles from the show grounds) . The evening will begin with a short membership meeting beginning at 7 and a buffet dinner at 7:30. After dinner, Steve Garnett, Senior Engineering Technical Steward for Caterpillar Track-Type Tractors will be our speaker. Steve has 37 years of Cat product development experience, which he uses to provide guidance and mentoring to Track-Type employees around the world, as well as to help define future products and strategy. During his career, Steve has been awarded 17 patents, and is respected throughout the Track-Type Tractors organization for his profound technical knowledge. Steve was the project manager responsible for development of the D9R differential steering tractor. Steve is one of the "founding fathers" of the D7E, and has been involved with the program since its inception. In fact, the D7E LGP serial number prefix, "SCG" bears his initials!

Don't miss this opportunity to hear Steve as McAllister Machinery will have a new D7E on display at the show!

Click this link to buy your tickets now! Seating is limited! http://www.acmoc.org/index.php?option=com_oscommerce&osMod=product_info&Itemid=60&products_id=260