PDA

View Full Version : How long will the old board be accessible

Delta Dirt
11-30-2006, 05:08 PM
ACMOC and Joe---

Was wondering how long the old bulletin board will be accessible for searching for old subject matter??

----and not that it was an easy job to go very far back on it anyway.:rolleyes:

Delta Dirt

SpragueM
11-30-2006, 05:24 PM
Was wondering the same thing. Will a search eventually access the old board also? Alot of information there.

Matt

Joe_Black
11-30-2006, 05:27 PM
The old forum will shut down permanently on December 31st, 2006. Notices will be posted tonight on the home page, the old forum and here.

HotRod
12-03-2006, 01:05 PM
Hi Joe, Pardon my ignorance re BB's and forum setup, but does the old forum have to shut down?
I belong also to the Big Mack Trucks forum http://bigmacktrucks.invisionzone.com/ and our previous forum http://groups.msn.com/BigMackTrucks/messageboard.msnw is still available for research 18 months after the changeover.
I would like to think that all this data and discussion would not be lost forever in cyberspace.
Thanks. Rod.

Joe_Black
12-03-2006, 02:41 PM
We'll be archiving the old forum so that it's here and fully available for viewing and reference. It may take a little time to get it set up like we want it (like a couple months maybe, not forever) but it will be saved.

bernie
12-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Great, Joe, I search the archives quite often. Thanks for your work and keeping things "in tune". Gotta ask...is there a "board" for board administrators??? Maybe you need a third one...

I am happy to have access to both ACMOC and ACME. Thanks again.

bernie

HotRod
12-03-2006, 03:37 PM
Thanks Joe. I hate to see a lot of the old stuff lost. Well done. Rod.

Al Letts
12-03-2006, 04:40 PM
JOE,

OUTSTANDING:D
Glad to see the archives will be saved!

Alan

BobD
12-03-2006, 06:21 PM
We'll be archiving the old forum so that it's here and fully available for viewing and reference. It may take a little time to get it set up like we want it (like a couple months maybe, not forever) but it will be saved.

How about making the archives available in a format that can be downloaded and searched, so one can reference this when out in the field, i.e. fast internet connection not available?