PDA

View Full Version : Bogus Email With Virus

Joe_Black
03-16-2007, 07:14 AM
I guess we've irritated enough spammers by keeping them off the board that they're now sending out bogus ACMOC emails. So please mindful of emails you receive that show as actually coming from acmoc.org, as we will rarely send out an email unless you've done something here on the forum that would generate a confirmation (such as changes to your profile) or someone is trying to contact you through the forum. Make sure your virus software is up to date and be cautious, as there was a virus attached to the email.

Here's the text of what I've received most recently:

Dear user joe,

You have successfully updated the password of your Acmoc account.

If you did not authorize this change or if you need assistance with your account, please contact Acmoc customer service at: info@acmoc.org

Thank you for using Acmoc!
The Acmoc Support Team

+++ Attachment: No Virus (Clean)
+++ Acmoc Antivirus - www.acmoc.org (http://www.acmoc.org)

Al Letts
03-16-2007, 10:56 AM
Always wise to be wary of scammers and spammers. I usually do the hover over the web adress thing before I do anything.

Al

Joe_Black
03-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Got a new one today, also with a virus attached. Current Norton patterns caught it, but test machine with current McAfee pattern files let it through.

Here's the text of the message:

Dear user joe,

It has come to our attention that your Acmoc User Profile ( x ) records are out of date. For further details see the attached document.

Thank you for using Acmoc!
The Acmoc Support Team

+++ Attachment: No Virus (Clean)
+++ Acmoc Antivirus - www.acmoc.org

Joe_Black
03-25-2007, 05:51 PM
Here's the latest version, also came with a virus attached:

Dear Acmoc Member,
Your e-mail account was used to send a huge amount of unsolicited spam messages during the recent week. If you could please take 5-10 minutes out of your online experience and confirm the attached document so you will not run into any future problems with the online service.
If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choice but to cancel your membership.
Virtually yours,
The Acmoc Support Team

+++ Attachment: No Virus found
+++ Acmoc Antivirus - www.acmoc.org (http://www.acmoc.org/ACMOC_BB/www.acmoc.org)

ttman4
03-28-2007, 09:47 AM
:( Man, they're getting slicker & more shifty eyed all the time!!!!