2019 Gone Farmin' Fall Premier Auction

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the site slow lately?

Default Problems and problem solving

For what it's worth, there have been a few issues that arose in the early initiation of this "new" bulletin board and were resolved quickly. I am not the bulletin board police nor was I a beta version tester, but, when I discovered a problem, I contacted adco(Megan) and advised her of the situation. Here is the procedure that we went through to fix it.

1. Identify the problem. Communicate the situation, ie; point to place it exists, e-mail screen shot (Print screen button) copy/paste to paint,save as file and attach to e-mail.

2. Adco reviews situation, asks additional questions if needed.

3. Repairs if possible.

If you are having a problem or see a problem. Record the location, and e-mail adco. Some things are repairable, some are not.

Matt
    RD4,RD6 ,D73T, #11 Grader, 977F

Quote Originally Posted by adco View Post

I respond well to chocolate and lolcats.

-Megan
    Megan, you are priceless. Thank you for your help.
    933 42A, D4 7U, 2- D2 5U, 2- D2 4U, PV 15, LaPlante Choate C-20 scraper, and always with an eye out for more

I did some checking and this is what I found:

.083 minutes to load ACMOC homepage
    1.723 minutes to load forum page
    .120 minutes to load ACME
    .063 minutes to load ACME Cat discussion segment
    .216 minutes to load FCSA forum
    .194 minutes to loadFCSA general discussion

Just some random sites and loading times for sites I frequent. Don't know that it means anything, it's just what it is. Thanks.

Bryan

Bryan, good info, thanks. Meagan can probably sort this out better than me, but what browser and operating system are you using? Dial up, DSL, cable or ?? I was reviewing some problems that Joe Black encountered a few years ago and it sheds some light on possible causes. http://www.acmocbb.org/ACMOC_BB/show...ith-acmoc-Page
    933 42A, D4 7U, 2- D2 5U, 2- D2 4U, PV 15, LaPlante Choate C-20 scraper, and always with an eye out for more

I can't tell any difference in the speed. I don't have a super fast connection, or at least can't watch video's without letting them load first, and streaming is out of the question. You might try adding the bulletin board to your favorites so you can go directly here instead of through the homepage first. I like the way the pictures work now. It easier to click next rather than going back and forth. Good luck, hope you find the problem, but I don't think it is necessarily with this board. There must be some conflict between it and some program on your computer.

In the "for what it's worth" column, I'm on a dialup connection at around 46-49 Kbps and the ACME site loads twice as fast as ACMOC. Pics here on ACMOC load a lot slower than the ones at ACME. The discussion forums react the same. .ACME loads quickly, ACMOC a lot more slowly.

My 'puter is home built with an Athlon 1.83 gig chip and 992 megs of RAM running Windows XP Pro with service pack 3 and I use Firefox for a browser.

B4D2/Meagan,

I run Windows 7 Home Premium HPG60 Notebook with 3GB RAM and Internet Explorer. I use Freedom Net, 2Mbps download, 512K upload. I have the same results on my wifes Mac running Safari. There has been a definite change in the last few weeks, can't put an exact time on the date. I'll head to the library here in the next few days and try it there to see if there is any difference using wireless there. Thanks.

Bryan

Bryan, That is probably an important factor: you are obviously running a home network. Is it wireless? What router are you using?

Bruce,

We are running a LinkSys router. Thanks.

Bryan

Default am wondering of the time of day makes a difference.

One of my computers, that is connected to DSL and is running Windows XP Pro and Internet Explorer, sometimes lately after I get home from work (midnight - AZ time) it is real slow and sometimes it will not load for a few minutes. HOWEVER, on my other computer which is running Windows 98 Release one (I know it is O-L-D_ and using Netscape, it doesn't seem to be any slower than usual.

Just some more info to add to the mix.

Walt
    Walt D7-3T

No longer have my D7-3T. Plan to buy a D8-2U & D8-13A in future.

Now, I no longer have access to the D8-2U and 13A.

Also, I simply LOVE Kitty Cats. Had 19 at one time. Not quite as many now.