Thread: Recent Posts Option

Default Recent Posts Option

When logging in as "guest", there use to be a "recent posts" option. The button for this option disappeared about 2 days ago. What happened?

Kent, Some of the "permissions" have been reset to limit guests movement within the site. Sorry about that. If you want to go un-noticed, you can set yourself to "invisible" on your control panel settings.
    933 42A, D4 7U, 2- D2 5U, 2- D2 4U, PV 15, LaPlante Choate C-20 scraper, and always with an eye out for more

Bruce: I'm not concerned about "noticed" or "un-noticed". I sometimes do a quick mid-day check on the forum and don't want the extra keystrokes required for login. For that case it was convenient to use the "recent posts" option. Is there any harmful impact in restoring the option?

I have noticed that some guests are viewing users profiles. I am sure that oft times it is an innocent act, but in the event it was not, we would rather not have that information so available. Limiting that permission scuttled the recent posts option. I will see if we can work around, but if not, you could also click the "remember me" square to eliminate the extra few keystrokes.
    933 42A, D4 7U, 2- D2 5U, 2- D2 4U, PV 15, LaPlante Choate C-20 scraper, and always with an eye out for more