Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is the site slow lately?

Keep the reports coming guys! You can never have too much info on things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ianoz View Post
    I have just tryed the lightweight and yes it seems faster . Question ,now how do i get back to the old way ? As the drop down thing does not appear ??so i can change back .Ian .
    Click the link that says "Full" at the top right of the page.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscokid View Post
    I tried the "lightweight" version and for me it seemed slower....go figure.
    Hmm that is pretty strange...the lightweight version is doing a fraction of the work of the main site. I'll see if I can dig anything up on why that might be happening.
    Bulletin board problems? Email your questions to support@acmoc.org

(...I can't tell a tractor from a lawnmower, so we're even.)

the "Full" option is the way to go, it seems to have increased the speed greatly,
    I have not tried the operations of the pages but they load much faster.
    Erik Christenbury
    Cat List: More than some, less than others
    https://chriscomachinery.com/caterpillar-machinery/

The lightweight version really works well on my android phone. I couldn't view pictures at all otherwise and they load fast now.

Thanks ADCO ,I was looking down the bottom of the page ,not at the top .Changed back all is nice and pretty again , but straight away notice the speed slow down in loading compared to the lighyweight one ..When i went to do this reply i waited until i saw the page was fully loaded {seemed to take about 30 seconds } then i started typing without it moving the cursor up to the title box . Ian .

Quote Originally Posted by Jim D4&6 View Post
    The lightweight version really works well on my android phone. I couldn't view pictures at all otherwise and they load fast now.
    We are happy to hear that you can't spend the day without checking in, but all you "wired in" types PLEASE, keep the pickup truck between the lines and out of the ditch
    933 42A, D4 7U, 2- D2 5U, 2- D2 4U, PV 15, LaPlante Choate C-20 scraper, and always with an eye out for more

At a quadrangular volleyball match tonight not much of a cell signal so it is nice to surf a little. They have an open wifi signal. Finally ready to start the last match.

I tried the lightweight version yesterday and it's a LOT faster.

Lightweight-------------Heavyweight-----------------------and "deadweight";------might be that I fit the last category best!!!!

Looks like I need to spend some time reading this full thread-----maybe pick up on something to help my connection here. Tonight-----everythings is working fine---------------most times for the past several months, I have had trouble connecting--------or losing the connection once it was made. Many times----the connection did not appear to be complete. Have not scanned or posted on the board much as a result of the hassle.

Not having the same problems with other forums. (figured I would make comment tonight while I have a good connection). Any ideas to a solution appreciated.

edit: quote "everything working fine tonight";-----after leaving this thread and going back to the Discussion forum--------I would click on a thread with the posts sometimes coming right up and other times only coming part of the way up (print showing with the yellow/black dot background-------never clearing to a white background)-----------must have spoken too soon. Eventually I appear to lose the entire connection.
    Delta Dirt
    Last edited by Delta Dirt; 09-26-2010 at 07:16 PM.
    Delta Dirt
    Avon, Ms 38723

D2 5U and other scrap iron

Exclamation Roll call!

For future replies to this thread, please try to include answers to the following:

1) Does the "Lightweight" style improve the board load time for you?

2) Does the main ACMOC.org website load slowly too? How about the online store?

3) What kind of internet connection are you using? (dial-up, DSL, etc.)

4) How long have you been having problems? (The software upgrade was in April.)

Thanks all!
    Bulletin board problems? Email your questions to support@acmoc.org

(...I can't tell a tractor from a lawnmower, so we're even.)

For me, the lightweight version loads much faster. I'm on dialup, running 46-49 Kbps. When I sign in, the main page loads sloooowly, taking as much as a minute and a half before I can view anything. As I recall, this all started when the "new and improved" version came about. The ACME page loads same as always as do any other sites I visit.