Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: duplication

Default duplication

How about deleting that special feature that duplicates the last word of the first line of every post. Can't seem to remove it from the users end.

Could you point me to the thread in question?
    933 42A, D4 7U, 2- D2 5U, 2- D2 4U, PV 15, LaPlante Choate C-20 scraper, and always with an eye out for more

Just have a look at some of the posts.....I'm not the only one that stutters.

Also what is the secret to controlling the order of posted images????Seems to load them at random no matter how they are entered.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Magnet View Post
    Also what is the secret to controlling the order of posted images????Seems to load them at random no matter how they are entered.
    Hmmm, you know I have often wondered that myself. We will see what we can find out.
    933 42A, D4 7U, 2- D2 5U, 2- D2 4U, PV 15, LaPlante Choate C-20 scraper, and always with an eye out for more

I believe by default the board wants to put the newest image first. There should be a fix in the future, but for now we're stuck with it. One workaround is to upload the images one by one, in the order you want them to appear, rather than all at once. Hope that helps!

I haven't experienced the duplication issue, so if anyone can point me to some examples that would be great.
    Bulletin board problems? Email your questions to support@acmoc.org

(...I can't tell a tractor from a lawnmower, so we're even.)

Default Update on Image Order

I've been following this issue on the vBulletin website and they MAY be working on it in the near future. Unfortunately there are many other things that rank as more urgent. But they haven't forgotten about it. Hang in there!

In the words of one of the posters, "Although this issue by [issue tracking] definition is minor, it is a major PITA for our users when making posts with images."

Glad to see you are at least looking in to it....thanks for posting the update.
    Don't understand why this should be an issue in the first place.

Default erience of the image order issue is that I load the images from my Image Order

Hi Team,
    my exp %$#*&^ (the duplication thing has taken part of my post to the Title Box)
    scanner to my computer in the order I want the images to load and ID them by name and number for storage and retrieval from my own computer's scan folder. So I then upload them as per the method needed on the BB in this order but they come out mixed up----I guess by your description of newest image first does not hold true either because the oldest image usually comes out first (my No 1) and the rest are mixed up, But, sometimes the newest image is first and the rest mixed up?
    Thank you for looking into this for us, it is appreciated that someone is trying to rectify the problem.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers,
    Eddie B.

Quote Originally Posted by edb View Post
    my exp %$#*&^ (the duplication thing has taken part of my post to the Title Box)
    Is THAT what the duplication thing is? I've never been able to get a good example of it...

When the reply page loads, it automatically places the cursor in the Title box. Unfortunately, this is the last thing that happens, so if you start typing in the main box before the page is completely finished loading, your cursor will jump mid-word to the Title box.

I think one of the mods requested this feature when we upgraded the board, but if it's turning out the be annoying then I can look into removing it.

Default Where to place the cursor.

Place the cursor in the Reply box by default and then prompt the poster for a title entry if required upon selecting Submit Reply. With the potential slow page builds and the desire to get the post up having the cursor position into the reply box while building is continuing and then arbitrarily hopping to the Title box is irritating.....

Or better yet, require a user input to position the cursor in either box. Without clicking in one or the other leaves your input in the bit bucket.

As that makes 3 possible configurations you can be sure that at a minimum 33% of the users will not be happy.