Thread: Engine Specs for CAT 22 and PV15

Default Engine Specs for CAT 22 and PV15

Does anyone have the engine specs for the CAT 22 and PV15? I looked in the operators manuals and didn't find anything. I need to rebuild a couple of 22 heads this winter and was looking for the valves and spring specs. Wouldn't hurt to get bearing and cylinder specs as well. If I get really energetic I will tackle a PV15 engine. Or is there some "Motors" manuals that cover tractor engines???

Thanks,

John

Default 22 specs

John

I have a cat 22 spare parts manual arriving shortly and that may be able to help in case anyone else cant help in the meantime

cheers Chester

Default Clearances and Sizess

Diggerdozer,

I have a parts book, but I was looking for sizes and clearances. Like what is the stardard crank main diameter, rod diameter, valve spring tension and a specified height, etc.

Thanks,

John

John

I have had look through the internet and have not found any refs as yet

but will continue to hunt around as I am going to need the same info later on

cheers

Chester

Default Engine Specs

Hi Team,
    here are some of what you asked for, as time allows I will post more if/when I locate them. Download these specs NOW as soon they will be taken off to put up more answers/data.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers,
    Eddie B.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Thank You!

Eddie B-

Thank you very much for the above info!

Daron

Eddie,

Thanks, that is quite a bit more than what I was looking for. I have saved these. If you have more please post when you have a moment. I know that is a compilation of info from various tractors. Was it ever printed in the respective tractor manuals?

John

Default Specification Sheets

Hi John,
    to my knowledge this data was not printed in the SRM's for these machines, hence the need for Cat to develop the sheets for Dealer's etc to have the needed O/haul data at hand.
    About all that was in the SRM's or OMI's were the valve lash specs and the like.
    Fastener tensions etc were not known in those days as the usual torque was governed by the length of the spanner with a fair force applied. I have found when doing a lot of bolts of one size it was easy to get within the plus-minus range of the spec tensions by the above method. If doing up big ends or mains with castelated nuts you did them by the above method and go on to the next nearest slot to align the split pin hole.
    Today I would use a chart from a torque wrench which usually give approximate torques for the size fastener bearing in mind if the said fastener is high or low tensile steel.
    Below are the charts that came with my Torque wrench back in the 60's. Also are spec sheets for the Diesel engines of the day.
    Grab 'em now !!!
    Cheers,
    Eddie B.
    Attached Images Attached Images