Thread: Members area

Default Members area

Hi ,Just out of interest ,who is supposed to update the members area ?? I see the last meeting report was for april 2010 and the magazines have not been updated through 2010 ,and here we are in 2011.

Also if the minutes of the meetings are going to be censored .Please remove it completely ,instead of leaving me wondering what it is that i should not know . Ian .

I believe Bruce (B4D2) posted something regarding this recently. I understand that the board minutes are not posted until approved, there was only a late meeting last year and that the bulletin boards operation, ie,conversion were using up alot of resources. I do think that it was also stated that it was to be updated soon.
    This is only what I remember and hopefully someone with real knowledge will set the record straight.

Matt
    RD4,RD6 ,D73T, #11 Grader, 977F

Thanks Matt, you pretty much summed it up. As far as redacting information from the minutes, it's a 50/50 chance somebody will either be mad that we didn't leave some info in VS taking it all out. There are some issues that require confidentiality, but the need to let the members know we are dealing with them is also important, even if it is as clear as mud.
    933 42A, D4 7U, 2- D2 5U, 2- D2 4U, PV 15, LaPlante Choate C-20 scraper, and always with an eye out for more

In regard to the members area ,The BoD meeting reports have not been updated since september meeting last year .Surely they have been approved by now for posting ?
    Also , Out of the 19featured Articles there are now 14 which don't work , this message comes up instead.
    404 - Resource not foundYou may not be able to visit this page because of:

1.an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
    2.a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
    3.a mistyped address
    4.you have no access to this page
    5.The requested resource was not found.
    6.An error has occurred while processing your request.
    Please try one of the following pages:

•Home Page

If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site.

Ian, I saw your posting here and in the discussion section. Since the staffing changes of last year through this year, the posting of minutes has been an "orphaned child" of responsibility. It's not that we are trying to hide anything, we just haven't had the resources to exploit the section. Add to that the fact that the board members are trying to manage some of the work that was previously being done by staff and you will notice some things falling through the cracks. You are right: The members should have access to the minutes of the board meetings and financials. There is never a restriction on you or any other paid ACMOC member from writing and requesting any given month's meetings or financials. The website just makes it more convenient to view. The financials are reprinted in our magazine to benefit all members. The minutes are not (most typical board meeting agendas are 90+ pages long).

All that said, George Howard has begun the arduous task of redacting the minutes which will take several weeks. Once they are redacted, I have taken the responsibility of uploading them to the members-only section. As was mentioned elsewhere, we are primarily a volunteer organization that relies on folks who have jobs and other responsibilities. I am away from the computer most of the week but check in from a smart phone. There are a lot of things that I could do if my reception at the CPHQ were better.
    933 42A, D4 7U, 2- D2 5U, 2- D2 4U, PV 15, LaPlante Choate C-20 scraper, and always with an eye out for more

Hi Bruce , Thank you for your reply and explanation . I assumed Adco { megan} looked after the info in that area .Have we also lost her in the cutbacks ?
    There are a lot of people {Well Maybe just a select few } That could well learn The correct way a club offical should conduct themself when posting on the forum . With Dave ending his term ,Leaving the presidents position open , I hope the new Board vote in favor of elevating you to the presidents possition .

Any way Getting back to the subject ,in the last minutes there was this recorded .
    "Discussion: Board members wanted to ensure that this was carefully worded so as to not restrict ACMOC members’ access to official records. “and referred back to the full board for approval” was added to the end of Resolution 335 to ensure that this would come back to the full board for approval."
    This is the section i refered to about the DW20 models
    "There is a significant difference in the DW20 quantity with a loss of 31 models noted. It is possible that this loss is not a real physical loss of models, but may be caused by an error in my perpetual calculations. Since we’ve only had the DW20 available for sale for a little over a year, a
    review of the perpetual numbers should be possible. I will report later on the results of that review and whether it appears we truly have unaccounted for reductions in inventory, or if the perpetual numbers need to be adjusted.
    I’ve also provided a summary of Jenny’s information about distressed or damaged models on hand with ACMOC, Willie or her. She has indicated that the Con-Expo models are still boxed and will need to be reviewed for condition. Therefore, the figures presented here for distressed value are worst case, assuming all Con-Expo models are damaged.
    I believe Jenny is hoping to review the condition of the Con-Expo models with some help in October and will provide us a report when the information is available."
    Reading things like this , And left wondering what the outcome was . I don't think by asking Politely , Is NOT complaining as stated by member 7Puller .
    By reading the board minutes it has given me a better insight into the problems the club faces ,so I thank both yourself and George for what you are doing to get the minutes updated . I would urge any members to take the time to read these minutes .

First and foremost, Adco is still managing the website and forum. Megan is still our webmaster and we are happy with the way things have been running. The minutes used to be uploaded by office staff to economize our monthly website bill.

A detailed review of the models that returned from Con-Expo revealed differing levels of distress. Most of the models were missing minor pieces (tool box lid, crank handle, etc.) while others may have had a headlight or steering lever broken off. It was determined that those models not be returned to inventory because the board felt uncomfortable selling product that had been repaired. Instead, those models will be used as show displays and possibly other uses. As far as the rest of the inventory, we requested the drop shippers perform an inventory report to match with our inventory data. Peter has reviewed the reports and it fits what we had assumed. There are minor differences within a few models that fit the parameters of typical revolving sales, meaning that some models may be accounted for that have been sold but not ordered/returned or damaged.

Most of your concerns will be addressed once you get a chance to read the minutes, that is assuming I don't crash the site when I attempt to upload (just kidding).

By the way, thanks for the kind words.

Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay...just wanted to let you know that I've updated the links now so they should all be working again. If you find any that aren't, please let me know!

Thanks,
    -Megan
    Bulletin board problems? Email your questions to support@acmoc.org

(...I can't tell a tractor from a lawnmower, so we're even.)