Thread: Convert Thread to Print

Default Convert Thread to Print

Is it possible someway to convert a complete thread to printed output in book form?

i am thinking specifically of "Farming with Steel Tracks".

I think it would make a wonderful book, and I could give it to my non-ACMOC friends in the Midwest.
    John Liebermann
    2 9U's, 5J, IHC544, Ford860, (All working farm tractors)
    cojhl2@gmail.com

As far as I know, there is no quick easy way to convert the thread into text. The thread in question is quite lenghty and would probably translate to an entire book. Also in question is the ownership and rights of the pictures that are shared with this forum. In the past, I have just left click-highlighted the text areas of the thread and cut them (right click mouse) into a word document. With the newer forums, items like the avatars, signatures and emoticons are different file types, so they occupy a lot of space when transfering, and they often don't translate into readable images once they are pasted into the word document. Also, many of the photos are not resident to the thread, instead, the contributors are using a photo hosting site to link the actual photos in.

A better solution, if they have computer access, is to get them to register with the site so they can view it on their own. If you want to give them a gift for Christmas, how about buying them a membership to the club, then they will receive 6 magazines and access to the members only portion of the website.
    933 42A, D4 7U, 2- D2 5U, 2- D2 4U, PV 15, LaPlante Choate C-20 scraper, and always with an eye out for more

Quote Originally Posted by B4D2 View Post
    A better solution, if they have computer access, is to get them to register with the site so they can view it on their own. If you want to give them a gift for Christmas, how about buying them a membership to the club, then they will receive 6 magazines and access to the members only portion of the website.
    That's an excellent idea B4D2, I gotta see if the people for which I was thinking have access. I have a feeling they do not.

Thank you for answering.
    John Liebermann
    2 9U's, 5J, IHC544, Ford860, (All working farm tractors)
    cojhl2@gmail.com