Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very OLD Caterpiller Grease PUMP Info?

Default Very OLD Caterpiller Grease PUMP Info?

I have this Old Caterpillar Semi-Fluid Grease Pump. It has a Riveted Tank that is 16 tall by 8 wide. The lower part of the stand, the Handel, Hose and fittings look like they have been changed or repaired. The Tank, Brass Tag and Pump appear to be good original. My Question? What Era or Year is this? Is there anywhere I can get some Information? THANKS, Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think those came with the early Ten and Fifteen.

Default BEST Grease Pumps

Best actually used those pumps with the 60 and 30 prior to the formation of Caterpillar in early 1925. The pumps were carried over with the Caterpillar line up after the formation of Caterpillar.
    BEST TRACKLAYERS ARE #1

The early ones have "BEST" on the brass tag. The handle on top is the same as the door handle on the wooden cabs. I see the crank handle has been lengthened, like the one I have. Jon

Just another picture

If you look close some of the parts are Cat tractor parts the packing nut has L no. and is a 20 waterpump packing nut the pump gears are 30 oilpump gears cranks is made like the tractor crank Ect.

Smile Fumes !

Hey Willy, do Jackie like the fumes from the little 10 when she works hard!?.. looks like the ex pipe could do with a half turn!!. Hope you are both keeping well.. Regards your ol' aussie mate peter.

Default Grease or gear oil?

Were these pumps used for grease for rollers or gear oil for finals and transmissions. I bought one of these pumps and looked in my CAT 15 Operators manual and see them in pictures filling finals and greasing rollers. Surely they didn't use gear oil in the rollers....

John

I have a grease pump for my Ten. It is for the rollers, the pivot shaft bearing and the front idler. I am actually removing the 50 year old semi fluid...gunk that is inside. Mine was almost full. It is not gear oil. It should be Track Lube nowadays

After some discussion with several club members it seems there are three different versions
    of these pumps including a Holt version.