Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magneto died where would be a good place to send one to get it rebuilt or get a new 1

I think Wico also makes one that will work and it a lot easier to get parts for than the Eisemann. Most mag places charge you a lot for the Eismann parts.

John

Default Magneto

Hi am still have a magneto EISENMEN for D2-4 and they do't have impulse and you better use the same model for spair parts if you need some sometime

I found that after I posted on the impulse on the pony mag for the Eisemann. I have two both with impulse, But they are for gas machines.

As said above, Hood River county, Oregon.

Are the magneto bearings completely shot? Or does it spin over smooth and normal like except for the magnetic flux, which I think you are referring to as "compression?" If the main bearings are out of the pony, the crankshaft jumping up and down will hammer out the cam bearings which in turn hammer h*** out of the magneto. Other than that, I don't know what the "clicking" is. You just have to go into it and look.

If you have to swap mags, consider a Bosch or Cat/Bosch. Lots of people consider them the best that Cat used.

Where are you located? There's a very good rebuilder here in Oregon.

Jack

Default magi repair

The fellow I use is Adrians Magneto Service, 204-326-6497 p/o box 209 Lancaster.MN
    or try oldiron@mts.net.
    Rudy has served me well with two magnetos

I had my Wico rebuilt over a year ago and the mag dealer said that Wico still offers a new Mag to fit my D4 7U. Wico is a very easy fit for the 7U. The Eisemann mag takes up all the magneto's available room with very little room left over for the spark plug wires. Cleaning the points, and sometimes also replacing the condenser too, usually brings most mags back to life. My Wico had a cracked cap that killed it. It is a very hot mag now.