Please be aware that the Chapter 2 Working Weekend scheduled to occur this weekend at Ketton, near Stamford, has been cancelled by Castle Cement owing to the water logged ground conditions (excessive rainfall over the last 2 weeks, with more rain forecast for this weekend)!
At this time, there is no news on whether the quarry open day will be re-arranged for another date later this year, or postponed until next year.
This event is held bi-annually and is a highlight in the Chapter calander, which makes the cancellation doubly depressing for all concerned.
From a personal perspective, I have been busting my guts over the last 3 years (over 1000 nan-hours to date) to complete the restoration of my 9U ready for this show and despite many set backs along the way I have managed to keep on schedule for the show, owing to the great support from fellow chapter 2 members John Burbidge and Tony Coates. So I was devistated this afternoon, when I heard the news!