God Bless the Cat-Cave
A Catman Special Xmas Project for the Kid:-
Copy sent from CATMAN QUOTE :-----
Casting Project for the Kids NORSCOT 2 TON WAX CANDLE.
You will Require:-
1. Norscot 2 ton model.
2. Srink Wrap and Heat Gun.
3. Lots of Church Candles.
4. Plaster mix, and 2 strong boxes 3 inches larger in dimensions than the model.
5. 2 Pans to make a water bath heater for the wax.
6. Grey Colouring Crannon x 10.
Method of Manufacture:-
1. Srink wrap the 2 Ton and pack the insides of the track frame level with the tracks and heat up to srink onto the outside details ONLY (remember to remove from the box)..
2. Set up the Plaster mould with the split line central to the bonnet (HOOD), making sure the inside of the track area and other inner detals arnt in the way of removing the model from the mould !!, let the plaster set a little and then press the model 1/2 way into the plaster, and make sure you level off best you can any surplus plaster, to form a flat top 1/2 mould.. Remove the Model once set,, you should be able to see the detail of the side of the 2 Ton, cover the model in soap will help, place the model back in the Cavity and cover all plaster with soap, add the top box and fill with plaster, covering the side of the model with about 3 inches of plaster. let set, remove the top box, remove the model.
3. break up the candles, and use the WICK, Place into the mould area with a Wick Support i.e. a paper clip to hold the wick across the section in the mould, the exhaust is a good place or all 4 corners.
4. Melt the Candles in a water bath method add the grey candles and mix up, until molten.
5. Set the mould and drill a hole for the wax to flow into the mould, and also a vent for the air and wax to fill the Cavitiy.
6. Pour the Molten Wax into the Mould, and leave for 24 hours.
7. Remove the Model from the Wax Candle, add Red Decals, Perfect Xmas Gift Cat 2 Ton Candle.
8. You should be able to use the mould again and Recast another Candle in any Colour you Want, Just add the colourant you require. Jnr CM (Louis) wants to make a HI-GLOW Cat 2 Ton Candle..
If you Do Try This At Home : Please Post up your Candle on the RIF Forum.