View Poll Results: who would want an app for there phone?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • who wants an app...

9 64.29%
  • who doesn't want an app...

0 0%
  • who doesnt know what an app is... lol

5 35.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: courious!!!

Default courious!!!

has there been any thought in making an app for any phone that we would be able to post new threads, upload pictures, and reply to threads directly form our phones? this has been one thing that i have been wondering since i have been a member...
    Thanks
    Dalton
    You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape!

Western States CAT Diesel Technician

1971 CAT 951 68J1212
    1935 CAT 22 2F4455 with a hydraulic winch, and home made ROPS
    1969 JOHN DEERE LANZ 710 - non running
    1975 INTERNATIONAL 1466

I, personally, am not into all the "high-tech" gadgets. Besides, it would be quite ironic,...ME having a "smart phone".

Kinda like putting a trailer hitch on a Smart Car.
    Rich Salvaggio
    D2 5U9917
    '46 Willys CJ2A Farm Jeep, '39 Buick sedan, '49 International KB-7, '37 Allis Chalmers WC, Cushman Scooter(s)
    Antique garden tractors & outboard motors
    Other rusty old junk comes & goes without warning.

The 2 most useful tools to have in your shop are a Crystal Ball and a Magic Wand

lol no we can leave the hitches for at least the toyota camry's lol!!!
    You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape!

1971 CAT 951 68J1212
    1975 INTERNATIONAL 1466

Quote Originally Posted by lil cat mec View Post
    has there been any thought in making an app for any phone that we would be able to post new threads, upload pictures, and reply to threads directly form our phones? this has been one thing that i have been wondering since i have been a member...
    Thanks
    Dalton
    Dalton, if you scroll to the bottom of the page, in the left corner, there is a pulldown tab that is set to "vB4 Default Style." If you click the pull down, you will see the option "lightweight." This is intended for smartphones and slower connections.
    933 42A, D4 7U, 2- D2 5U, 2- D2 4U, PV 15, LaPlante Choate C-20 scraper, and always with an eye out for more

Thank you for pointing that out... that makes it way easier for me!!! thank you B4D2

1971 CAT 951 68J1212
    1975 INTERNATIONAL 1466

Half the post I make are from my Blackberry including pics, just the reg way as I do on my laptop or PC. The only thing I cant get it to do is to remember me . so I have to re enter name and pin each time I use it. I just go to ACMOC BB and sign in. I dont do anything diff.
    And I can tell by the words like Hi-Tech, Smartphone and Smart car Zootown knows lots more about this techy stuff then me. Why do they call them Smartcars if we still gotta drive them, but the again when we see one on the interstate running in and out of big rigs we wonder how Smart the driver is LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Why do they call them Smartcars if we still gotta drive them, but the again when we see one on the interstate running in and out of big rigs we wonder how Smart the driver is LOL
    I saw a picture on the "intranet" of a Smart Car that got squished between a Semi that rear ended another semi. Not much left of the "Smart" car but some scrap metal (pre-cubed) and some human juice.
    Rich Salvaggio
    D2 5U9917
    '46 Willys CJ2A Farm Jeep, '39 Buick sedan, '49 International KB-7, '37 Allis Chalmers WC, Cushman Scooter(s)

The 2 most useful tools to have in your shop are a Crystal Ball and a Magic Wand

I believe there actually is a vBulletin mobile app of some kind, but the "lightweight" style works just as well for our purposes and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
    Bulletin board problems? Email your questions to support@acmoc.org

(...I can't tell a tractor from a lawnmower, so we're even.)

Quote Originally Posted by zootownjeepguy View Post
    I saw a picture on the "intranet" of a Smart Car that got squished between a Semi that rear ended another semi. Not much left of the "Smart" car but some scrap metal (pre-cubed) and some human juice.
    In my area a Smartcar is another tool to aid man in "natural selection". Most of the people that want one of those things are usually the conservationalist extremists. If they think that they can save the Earth by driving a sardine can, then all the power to them. I'll wave as pass them getting scraped up off the pavement in my 3/4 ton diesel 4wd pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
    In my area a Smartcar is another tool to aid man in "natural selection". Most of the people that want one of those things are usually the conservationalist extremists. If they think that they can save the Earth by driving a sardine can, then all the power to them. I'll wave as pass them getting scraped up off the pavement in my 3/4 ton diesel 4wd pickup.
    I think it would be cool to have a Cadillac Escalade with a Smart Car hanging from davits,......kinda like a Dinghy on a large boat.
    Rich Salvaggio
    D2 5U9917