Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: May Day-May Day Deas-Plant Need Help

Default MANY a small vehicle

Hi, Glen.
    Yep, MANY a small vehicle has been 'ex-TERMINATED' by various types of earthmoving and construction equipment when the operator could not see it. I remember a (long) past employer of mine cleaning up a freshly-excavated farm dam with a D8H fitted with hinged rippers. He backed up the open mouth of the dam at the same time as the farmer's wife drove up and parked there with the family's brand spanking new Ford station wagon. The D8 topped the bank and the back end dropped down flat. Two ripper shanks through the passenger side doors later, - - - - - - - - - - - ?????????????????

I also saw a fitter try to park a 65-ton Haulpak in the back of a Chrysler pick-up one day. Surprisingly, they replaced the left rear wheel, brake backing plate and brake shoes and it was a goer again - ran around the mine for about four months before they sold it for $400.00 to an operator who was leaving the job . He promptly drove it around 1,000 miles down to Perth in Western Australia and sold it for $1,200.00.

D'yer think we ought to tell all the 'cowboys' that the flags are NOT for target practice as well as just putting them on the vehicles? I suspect that the Polaris and the Blaap-Blaaaaap could probably outrun most of the machines on a good day anyway. How does the Argo 8-wheeler on tracks go for pace? Maybe the electric golf cart might need to stay on the fringes of the work area?

There'll be things to sort out, maybe as we go, but I don't think there is a lot to worry about. Most of the guys have been there, done that B4.

Catchyalater.
    You have a wonderful day. Best wishes.

Deas Plant.

Deas, I can bring my Yamaha Rhino for you to use. It's a good work utility vehicle.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default THAT Photo ......................................

Hi, Mike.
    THAT photo worries me. I'm too young to die. LOL.

Deas Plant.

Not to worry Deas, I'm sure Mike Mc put it that position deliberately. After all, it's the easiest way to grease the front driveline

Deas, the Rhino is good for me cuz I can out run the Gators if I'm in trouble! So good luck catching me. LoL

but you always have to remember that gators eat rhinos and CATS lol!!!
    You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape!

Western States CAT Diesel Technician

Default Gator diet??????????????????

Hi, LCM.

WHERE ARE YOU???????????????????????????????????

Methinks the average gator would have a hard time catching a rhino. There's a whole Atlantic ocean between them just for a start.

Azzfer eating Cats. Put me in the seat of running Deenine Cat and let a gator just try to eat said Cat.

Deas Plant.

Default D9

Hey Deas,

I've been looking for a D9 for the Tulare show. Did you sneek one in you luggauge? I would have liked to see the look on that Bag Boy's face while trying to lift that bag.

Default Picking up Deas......

I have gotten the honor of picking up Deas from the S.F. airport tomorrow. I sure hope he didn't bring that D9 because we are going to have a hard time fitting it in my truck..
    Tractorboy1