Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dumb question, No 42 or 44 Hydraulic unit.

Rich,
    whatever is J-specific (and the other guys haven't already claimed) I'll take. I want to get a 44 on the front of my 3J ultimately. Definitely want that grille!

Cheers,
    Neil.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Neil, I'll try to save the grill for you. It really didn't look like there were many other savable parts on it, maybe a pony fuel tank & air cleaner. The pony exhaust manifold might be worth saving. I'll look for anything else that might be useable.

The whole thing is pretty worn out. Rollers and idlers are shot, sprocket has worn through the bushings and part way into the pins. Both motors are apart and severely stuck. Lot's of missing parts. Yup, it's going to China.
    Rich Salvaggio
    D2 5U9917
    '46 Willys CJ2A Farm Jeep, '49 International KB-7, '31 Allis Chalmers U, Cushman Scooter(s)
    Antique garden tractors & outboard motors
    Other rusty old junk comes & goes without warning.

The 2 most useful tools to have in your shop are a Crystal Ball and a Magic Wand

Made a deal on the whole pump package (and the grill, Neil). Hoping to go get it all this coming Sunday.
    Rich Salvaggio
    D2 5U9917
    '46 Willys CJ2A Farm Jeep, '49 International KB-7, '31 Allis Chalmers U, Cushman Scooter(s)

The 2 most useful tools to have in your shop are a Crystal Ball and a Magic Wand

Sweet!
    Cheers,
    Neil.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Went to fetch all of the 44 hydraulic unit parts & pieces today. There was one nearly inaccessible nut behind the pump that I just couldn't get to with the tools I brought with me so I ended up taking the radiator too.

Neil, I have the Grill too.
    Rich Salvaggio
    D2 5U9917

Rich, if you don't want the radiator after you remove the pump, I'll take it.
    933 42A, D4 7U, 2- D2 5U, 2- D2 4U, PV 15, LaPlante Choate C-20 scraper, and always with an eye out for more

Quote Originally Posted by B4D2 View Post
    Rich, if you don't want the radiator after you remove the pump, I'll take it.
    The radiator looks pretty rough. All of the emblems (Caterpillar, D2) are rusted off and the core is corroded badly. The Oil Cooler may be saveable and Neil will probably get the grill. Out of all of the bolts holding the radiator on, one had to be torched and the rest broke off.
    Rich Salvaggio
    D2 5U9917

No prob. All I want is the shell (top and bottom tanks and sides). Good tractor shop wall hangings (unless you want it for the same reason).
    933 42A, D4 7U, 2- D2 5U, 2- D2 4U, PV 15, LaPlante Choate C-20 scraper, and always with an eye out for more

Bruce, actually I had considered making a cool Medicine Cabinet out of the shell for my bathroom (I'm single and live alone. No wife to veto the plan). Are the "CATERPILLAR" plates available? I know the "D2" plates are.
    Rich Salvaggio
    D2 5U9917

Default Way too Cool

Hey ZooTown,

I knew I liked you. That would be cool. Now you have to get a seat tank for the living room to sit and watch TV. Hey, just tought about it, you could hook the operating controlls up to the remote for the TV. Left friction- channel down, right friction-channel up, throttle controll-voulume, break pedal-freeze action.-glen
    Last edited by 7upuller; 05-13-2012 at 10:44 AM.