Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: freight shipping

Default Getting me riled up

I guess I'm lucky enough to have access to either the right network of "bonifide" carriers or better yet, utilize my own equipment, such as others on this BB. I have had my share of similar experiences as Roger; IMO regarding Ush*t, you get what you pay for; many times the so called trucker isn't even legal to operate or carries adequate cargo insurance, if any. To me, a real trucker wouldn't be looking on Ush*t for a load. Of course, I shouldn't be complaining either, the worse service providers make us look better than I think we are. I gave myself the nickname "Janitor Gee" for many years, as I had to clean up someone else's mess. My clientele realizes that it is cheaper to pay us for excellent service, than to roll the dice "dialing for dollars" trying to save a couple of coins. I will get off my soapbox now. Sorry for the rant. JM

Looks like if I buy any machine tools out of state I won't be using Uship to haul it.

I have had a few good experiences with fastenal
    Cat 941B, Cat D2 4U, Cat D3B, Cat D4 7U, Cat D6 9U

Quote Originally Posted by dpendzic View Post
    I have had a few good experiences with fastenal
    Fastenal is great with anything that will fit on a pallet. I even took a prepaid pallet to the wrong Fastenal (did not know there was two in Duluth) and they said "No problem, we will take it and send it, the other store will just get the fee." Great folks to work with and fairly priced.
    1937 Cat #11 tandem auto patrol,diesel, w/plow and wing, 6K506SP, 1937 RD 4 Ag Crawler RD5356, 1939 Cat 22, 1952 Model 212 Grader 9T03427, 1953 2U D8 Dozer 2U20751, 1961 922A Rubber Tired Loader, 59A812, LeTouneau LS Cable Scraper, Cat/Lincoln 600 AMP Dual Welder, DW-21 Cat Scraper

I've had really positive experience with Cargolution over the years. Feel free to look them up.