Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor Soapy-He had to ride in a KW

Default Poor Soapy-He had to ride in a KW

Hey Soapy,

Did OilSlick offer you a disguise or dark glasses and a hood when you were riding shot gun in his KW. Hey did he miss any gears pulling the High Horse home? Did any Peterbilts pass by you guys? LOL It was fun showing you around, too bad it got dark so fast. You are welcome up anytime, just leave OilSlick at home next time, although you can bring Red over.

Let me tell you all the truth. Pops plays a good hard ass but if I only had my camera ready when he saw me you all would see the truth too. His step was light and his face lit up so bright, with a smile from ear to ear . It was priceless, if only I had my camera ready.

You got me thinking Pops. As I said before "I love you like an abusive step dad" . I was thinking maybe you could give me a room in the house or I'll even sleep in the shop to help brighten up your days in your high stress business. I know what your thinking.... and yes I would make this sacrafice for you. We could have coffee together before work then I could meet you for lunch and dinner. Just think how much happier you will be. I'll also park my KW outside your office window. So if your feeling down you can simply look outside and think of me
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default KW ride

Pops,

In Mike's defense, I have to say, that he didn't miss a single gear, anyway till he dropped me off in Visalia, and I wasn't paying close attention to the rigs that passed us, but he is an excellent driver, and with all the crazy four wheelers on the highway on Friday, there weren't any close calls.

Thanks for the $2 tour of your home place, and your auxillary toy yard. You really have a nice place, and some nice toys.

How did your job go with Jess on Friday? Here's hoping it all went well for you.

Thanks again for having Steve help us put the blade back on. Very professional he is.

Ed

Default Oh No, Soapy Spilt the Beans

Hey OilSlick,

I wasn't going to tell everyone that I had to send a mechanic to help you put your blade on. I thought I would keep it quite that you forgot how. Soapy, if you think I started this thread just to pick on OilSlick you are wrong. I wouldn't let people like Deas Plant from down under know the fact that "Slippery", as Deas calls him, needed assistance putting four bolts on. I know threading a needle was too much for OilSlick when he was younger, as Mom had to help with that back then, but threading a dozer blade isn't that hard. I know OilSlick takes his foot and draws plans on his shop floor when building things like the Mighty D-4, but I guess the Marin County soil isn't optimum to draw plans on how to thread a dozer.

Oh my gosh, It just dawned on me why. Do you think that the fact that it was the first time OilSlick threaded a wedge drum CCU after Ed Akin and crew changed it for him from the bolt on type. I guess any change in life creates stress, but OilSlick, a wedge is pretty simple thing to put in. I am glad I sent Steve to help you, as the County of Marin Emergency Services would have sent me an invoice to send Air Search Rescue out late at night to search for you when you went missing for over 12 hours trying to figure it out how to put in a wedge. Hey OilSlick, did the CCU hold up the blade? Did you try it a few times? How did it work? Could you tell any difference? I hope all the pain and suffering that you put us through at the shop paid off. Did you push anything out at Tom's ranch? Oh Yeh, I figured out why you haul the High Horse backwards on your trailer. When all those Peterbilts passed you by, the dozer blade acted as a sail to help grab the wind so you can get enough power to shift from 2nd to 3rd gear. I am so proud of the fact that you think of stuff like that. D4e told me once he was impressed of the fact that you thought outside the box. In fact I have to agree with him, sometimes your thoughts are way out there, way, way out there. -glen

No matter what others think ,I like your truck Mike .Out of intrest ,Whatis its carrying capasity and tare weight ?.We have just bought a Mack to be prime mover for our float {when we find one } ,We bought a boggie float to go behind our B61 mack as a toy hauler .

Quote Originally Posted by ianoz View Post
    No matter what others think ,I like your truck Mike.]
    No worries I know Pops likes my truck.... Hmmm you got me thinking. Maybe Pops had the big smile on his face because he saw my fancy KW

Tare is 35,000. With my permit they give me 46,320 on the trailer, 47,500 +- on the drivers because it has a 5' spread. I only run about 9,500-10,000 on the steer axle because it has soft limo springs up front. Any more than that the front sags real bad. Red will ride with me wherever I go as long as it doesn't beat her to death like those Peterbilts. With the air ride on the drivers and cab the old KW has a pretty good ride. Pops always wants to go for a ride but I'm afraid it would cause financial strain on his company selling all his Pete's for scrap price to buy new KW's. So I just keep making excuses every time he asks for a ride.

Re: hauling the D8 back wards. Here in Mexifornia the border jumpers don't know how to merge onto the freeway faster then 35 mph. Soapy and I had several scares, they come up beside me and hit the brakes and the blade barely misses their head. With the blade back wards hopefully it will deflect their car instead of digging in and sucking them into my trailer and popping a tire..... LoL . D4e hauling 9 axle loads around Los Angeles must have many scary stories.
    Last edited by Oil Slick; 10-23-2012 at 10:43 PM.

Default Record straight

Hey OilSlick,

I'll set the record straight for Ianoz so he can rest at ease. I do like your truck. I am only picking on you, because you asked me to raze you like the old days. OK, now that all the mushy stuff is done, you didn't tell me about the CCU. Did it work good? Do you want to know why I tease you about Pete's, because you don't have one. LOL Hey OilSlick, I used to own a dozen KW's at a time, there good trucks. So let me get this straight, you would rather back blade the people you run over and smooth them out, instead of leaving a hump in the road when going forward, RIGHT? -glen

Quote Originally Posted by 7upuller View Post
    Hey OilSlick, I'll set the record straight. I do like your truck. glen
    Pops, I realized your asking me other questions but I'm still stuck on your above quote . I noticed your office walls have plenty of room for pictures. Maybe for Christmas I will frame a picture of my truck with the your quote nicely engraved on a brass tag. Ya

Ok I'm trying to focus. Yes I did work the blade up and down a few times. The CCU seemed to be a noisier than before. After we get some rain I'll take it out back and dig a hole to see how it works and I'll report back to you. I'm still looking forward to pulling your scraper with it and promised Ed time in the operators seat too. Looks like our next play day will be at Tulare next year.

If I truck the D8 with the blade forward I have to set it on the upper deck for it to scale. Then I can't see nothing out of my mirrors. Loading back wards it scales perfectly with 37,000 on the drivers and trailer, plus I can see over the top of the blade.

Default Backwards

OK OilSlick,

It seems that backwards works good for you. That's why the 8 is a good match for you. If you look at the mirrored image of an 8, it's still looks like an 8. If you turn it top to bottom, it still looks the same. No matter which way you get it backwards, it still looks right. It's a good fit, as you can't go wrong. When you are digging your hole testing out the CCU, keep the KW parked far away. I would hate for you to accidently pump into it. That would be a bummer. Try and decide how deep your test hole will be before you start. I am afraid that you might have so much fun running the Cat that you won't stop until you reach Deas's place. Try and controll yourself as I see the look in your eyes when you feel that High Horse powered D8 come to life. Like a kid in a sand box. Way too much power and don't know what to do with it all. Hey, where was Weenie Dog, you didn't have your mascot with you. Don't mistreat Weenie, as the dog might open a can of whip a-s on you. Tell Weenie that I need a passenger on TwinStacks. I'll build a seat so I can see Weenie's ears floating in the wind. LOL. I might have to get some goggles for Weenie, but the ears floatin' would be a good picture, especially if we hit a small bump in 5th gear and we got a little air. Weenie's ears would make her float like the Flying Nun. LOL. Once Weenie gets the rush of being a co-pilot running a scraper, she will get bored on the High Horse with you.
    Last edited by 7upuller; 10-25-2012 at 10:37 AM.

Glen,

If you are lonesome and would like a weenie dog of your own, I have two black long hair weenies, that someone dumped off near my house, that are looking for a home! You could have a model to make a close fit for the chair on your twin stack.