Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Picture Posting Issues

Old Magnet, can you email the photos you were trying to upload to support@acmoc.org and tell me the order you were trying to post them in? I'll get on a Windows XP computer tomorrow and see if that allows me to dupliate this issue. Also, if you are able to spell out step by step (as I did) the steps you go through...any little thing helps.
    Bulletin board problems? Email your questions to support@acmoc.org

(...I can't tell a tractor from a lawnmower, so we're even.)

Check the post with 4-pages on 933G Starting procedure:
    http://www.acmoc.org/bb/showthread.p...ting-procedure.

Loaded the material in correct order and that was how it was listed......until I hit the upload files and it posted in reverse. Same steps as you described (how else can you get there). Don't say load in reverse cause that doesn't always work either.

Again I'm describing how it works for me but others are having the same issues and not likely to be identical system to mine.

What/who is adco and your role between ACMOC/Bruce and the actual site host?
    Last edited by Old Magnet; 10-29-2012 at 05:56 PM.

Megan is our webmaster who works for Adco, our service provider who has been the primary vendor for the website for the past several years. They are also the company that publishes our magazine.
    933 42A, D4 7U, 2- D2 5U, 2- D2 4U, PV 15, LaPlante Choate C-20 scraper, and always with an eye out for more

I had assumed Megan was the webmaster but what is the connection between Adco and the actual site host (owner of the BB program) which appears to be or who is VBulletin?

Sorry OM, I'm a little confused of what you are asking. Adco is the service provider, VBulletin is our bulletin board program, of which we (ACMOC) own a copy of (we have a current licence). We hired Adco to build our website and bulletin board and pay them a fee to maintain both. The moderators are volunteers that try to help out when we can. I hope this helps.
    933 42A, D4 7U, 2- D2 5U, 2- D2 4U, PV 15, LaPlante Choate C-20 scraper, and always with an eye out for more

One more pass.......if VBulletin is the name of the program, who/what company actually provides the programming? Is it one in the same or yet a different company? If a different company, who is it?

Ah, okay. VBulletin is the company that provides the program. It is a program that can be set up with many options to customize it for the particular group that is using it. Megan is the one who set the program up to work for our needs. It has been modified as we go along to meet the desires of our group. Prior to this version, we had an earlier version of VBulletin that was no longer supported, thus we upgraded (a few years ago) to our current system. Every few months, VBulletin updates the product and so long as you have a current licence, you are able to update. We are operating at version 4.2.0 which I believe is the latest release.

As in any system, there are other parameters that effect the performance of a given system. In the past, we were operating from 2 separate servers (one for the website, one for the bulletin board). A few years ago we were able to combine the sites into one server. Currently, our server package is capable, but limited in future expansion capacity, thus we are investigating an upgrade. We would like to be proactive to prevent future issues.

Also, due to our integration of databases and servers, we need additional support from outside vendors to write appropriate code to make it happen. Again, Megan is indispensable in keeping it all working well.

I hope that answers your question.

Ok, thanks,
    I can see now that the problem is ACMOC specific.

Noticed some changes...
    Used to be the file list built in correct order as well as the indicated automatic upload list but the actual posts were in random order.

Now the file list is in correct order, the posts are in the correct order but the indicated automatic upload list is scrambled.

That's not a problem if you know about it. At least the posts are now in correct order so I'd say it is working but not yet completely fixed.

Hi Old Magnet,

Are you able to post some before and after screenshots of this issue? For example, a screenshot of the step where you have all the images set up in the order you want them, then a screenshot of the next step where they have been scrambled.

I'm still having problems reproducing the problem and can't figure out what I'm doing differently from you guys. Being a technical person, sometimes I use things differently from how a 'regular' user would.
    Bulletin board problems? Email your questions to support@acmoc.org

(...I can't tell a tractor from a lawnmower, so we're even.)

Default PicPost Order

Hi Megan,
    yesterday I posted some pix on a thread about Generator sets. http://www.acmoc.org/bb/showthread.p...0-genset/page2

As OM said, the pix loaded on to the post in the correct order, BUT, in the drop down box to select Pix my selected pix loaded in order EXCEPT for the last, No7 pic, it went to the No1 position even though it was selected last, that was coincidently the one with the largest file size.

I had selected the pix from my 'puter only for this post, as I had just scanned them into my 'puter, by using the Control Key to enable multiple selection in the order I wanted to post.

For a few pix I usually load them individually as I select them from different areas of my "puter and/or the onsite stored pix.

To correct this I deleted pic 7 and loaded it seperately to get it the last pic. I guess if I wanted it in the middle this would not have worked.

However, OM said his pix loaded out of order at this stage, BUT, did load onto the post in order.
    I guess we can live with this as long as we know about it and the pix finally load in order onto the post.

We will see how it runs next time I do single selected pix from multiple sources.

Thanks.
    Cheers,
    Eddie B.