Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Picture Posting Issues

This is the list of 10 files that were entered one at a time.....Build List #1
    This is what was shown as upload sequence....Build List #2
    Result was posted in requested order.

This is a rerun take with the old files still in the system as I didn't want to duplicate the posting. As I recall the original upload list was a lot more random than what I see now.

Again, I don't believe this is a users problem, we're just building lists. It's up to the program to assemble the info into the correct order.
    Last edited by Old Magnet; 10-31-2012 at 09:16 PM.

Thanks guys! Between the two of you that's exactly the info I needed! I will do some more research and update this post soon.
    Bulletin board problems? Email your questions to support@acmoc.org

(...I can't tell a tractor from a lawnmower, so we're even.)

I tested with the photos edb referenced and was able to see the issue finally (I hope).

Look at the screenshots Old Magnet posted. In between those two screenshots is another step that is not so obvious. After you click the button to upload the images, they will appear across the bottom of the attachment window, and they may be out of order. My original tests in this thread were okay, but when I tried edb's photos, I got them in reverse order once and scrambled up another time.

Here is a step that perhaps you are missing. In that row at the bottom of the upload window, you can drag and drop the photos into the order you want before closing the upload window. Also, if your file names are longer and you can't tell which image is which (I had this problem with edb's photos), you can hold your mouse pointer over the file name below the image thumbnail and after a second it will show you the full name.

This is why vBulletin considers this issue resolved and why no one here realizes it. Tricksy of them!

Here are some screenshots....

STEP-1.jpgSTEP-2.jpgSTEP-3.jpgSTEP-4.jpgSTEP-5.jpg

STEP 1: Upload your photos. I have them in the order I want here.

STEP 2: After the photos have uploaded, I can see that the photo I wanted first is now at the end.

STEP 3: I click on the last photo and drag it to the front of the line.

STEP 4: I can't tell if the 2nd and 3rd photos are in the right order or not, so I mouse over the file name so that I can see the whole name.

STEP 5: After clicking the Insert Inline button or the Done button to close the window, I can see that my list is in order.

Have a look at the www.heavyequipmentforum.com they are using what appears to be the same VBulletin program.

The drag and drop feature doesn't show the images. Attachments get loaded and sequencing is done automatically without fiddling with the drag and drop which is a pretty klunky operation (lots of clicks and attempts) to obtain response. (that's on the ACMOC version)

Loading once in requested sequence should be all that is required.
    The ACMOC version needs to be fixed, not add a repair solution to the user.
    Last edited by Old Magnet; 11-01-2012 at 03:45 PM.

Hi Old Magnet,

Hm, I wonder if they are using a 3rd party add-on instead of the default vBulletin solution. I registered for an account but it looks like I have to wait for them to authorize me before I can see the photo upload options. Are you able to take some screenshots or perhaps loan me your login info briefly?

Default Pic Post Order

Hi Megan ,
    I had tried shuffling the loaded files on the bottom line of the attachment window one time and it all got tangled up. I then thought it was a nono to do this--did not want to crash another 'puter system like I did to Cat of Australia's unit.
    Will give it a try again next time I need to shuffle.
    I do feel, like OM says, the program should be able to load files in user requested order, it should be automatic. Do not have problems of miss order posting files on other sites I post on.
    Thanks again.
    Cheers,
    Eddie B.

Yes, I forgot about the delayed access that site has. Go ahead and use my access, it's the same as I use for ACMOC if you have access to it. Hate to just put it out in the open here....or send me a PM.

Megan,
    I just loaded five attachments (actually six but they only take 5 per post) on the Heavy Equip Forums. Loaded as listed, no fooling around with drag and drop, all came out in right order. When will the ACMOC BB get there?

Hi Old Magnet,

I logged into that forum using your account info and tried to upload edb's images there. Unfortunately, they all came up out of order and I had to drag them to the correct position, just like here. It looks like they are using the exact same system as us.

I'll look around and see if there are any alternative plugins we could use for uploading attachments, but I don't think we'll get any fixes from vBulletin anytime soon. To them, the drag-to-reorder option IS the fix.

Well, not exactly the same.....their's works.
    When I view their drag and drop list the image portion just shows a big question mark in the picture frame with the file name only attached, no mini image. That's ok cause it's not really needed there anyway but it is different than the ACMOC version.