Thread: 5J D-2 for sale

Default 5J D-2 for sale

I have a 5J D-2 for sale. Tractor runs decent, has a slight miss at lower rpm's, possible injector issue. Tractor has good undercarriage and nice grousers. I used tractor for moving stuff around the yard, and took to a few shows, but now it just sits. I need the room and funds to focus on my gas cats. $2000.00. Tractor is located in Reno, Nevada. P.M. or email me for more info. Thanks, Caterpillarman.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Caterpillarman; 03-09-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Default Tail seat

Is that considered a tail seat model? I don't know much about them...

Default d2

no, this is a side tank seat. a tail seat has the seat on the very back of the tractor. look at some threads by bcwayne and you will see pics of tail seat d2's

Default Further clarification....

The majority of D2's made were topseat models - this includes the side-tank model shown above as well as the seat-tank model where the fuel tank is in the seat back and base. Both of these types have the seat mounted above the rear end housing.

The tail seat models had the seat mounted low on a bracket that extended rearwards and was mounted to the rear face of the rear end housing. This put the seat down closer to the drawbar in order to lower the operator's position to help clear low hanging objects. The clutch and brake controls also had additional mechanisms to extend them further back for the operator to reach.
    D2 5J2115SP
    D2 5U7066
    RD6 2H1768
    RD6 2H3072
    No.9 Auto Patrol 8A331
    No.9 Auto Patrol 8A340
    No.9 Auto Patrol 8A539
    Ten PT3037
    Twenty PL134 (Yard-Art)
    Minneapolis-Moline prototype crawler X253
    1945 Farmall H

Quote Originally Posted by Toby Nelson View Post
    The majority of D2's made were topseat models - this includes the side-tank model shown above as well as the seat-tank model where the fuel tank is in the seat back and base. Both of these types have the seat mounted above the rear end housing.

The tail seat models had the seat mounted low on a bracket that extended rearwards and was mounted to the rear face of the rear end housing. This put the seat down closer to the drawbar in order to lower the operator's position to help clear low hanging objects. The clutch and brake controls also had additional mechanisms to extend them further back for the operator to reach.
    Here are some examples of what Toby is describing:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Really different looking machines, those tail seats.

That's a nice looking 5J he's got. I guess it's one of the last of the D2 series then? A long way from me though.

tractor still for sale.

refreshing post, still for sale.