Thread: Recent Web Site Outage 10/14 - 10/18

Recent Web Site Outage 10/14 - 10/18

On October 14th at 4:46 PM Eastern the acmoc.org web site was suspended due to a copyright issue reported to the hosting company by the outfit that produces the software used in the forum. When contacted Monday the issue was determined to be misapplication of payment during renewal back in June and was corrected, upon which the software company contacted the hosting company who then activated the site at 11:47 PM Eastern. From that point on the site was unresponsive and essentially unusable. Repeated contact with tech support yielded no results until today. When calling in to speak with management about the extended outage and lack of response from support, I was speaking with a young lady in billing to get our customer ID which I didn't have handy. As I was discussing my furstration over the problem she asked for me to check the site and to my amazement it worked properly. Apparently they had a series of unrelated changes in their environment that have interacted to cause issues among client sites that were in a hold status, newly activating or suspended and it essentially throttled bandwidth from our server. She mentioned she just found out about it today and they were rapidly disseminating the info throughout their environment.

Basically we're back up and running 100% and I've made permanent changes to the licensing structure that will prevent any chance of that error crippling us again. Many thanks to those expressing support and channeling useful information during this crisis, and most especially to the users of this site for your patience. I apologize for not being able to post any info to the forum or site, unfortunately it just wasn't possible with the issues at hand.

Joe Black

Default Thanks

Joe-
    Thanks for all the hard work you put into this site, you make it possible.
    Carl Sharp
    Chino, CA
    -------------
    2xPV15; 22 2F; D4 5T
    Various other oddball stuff
    Vids: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=carl4043

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the explanation and for the hard work you put into this site.

Regards,
    Lee

I agree with the above. Great site and thanks for the effort.

Thanks Joe,

Some things are always out of our hands. Thanks for staying on top of it all!
    Pat in WI

Default Site

I think the site does a great job but there is one little minor problem with it to get on. This started a few days before it went down and still does it & what it is you have to log in everytime I turn it on or even if I leave the site completely for even a minute and try to get back on quick.I don,t know if any the rest of you has experienced it or not. SJ

SJ,
    Never had any trouble getting on.Don't have any now either. I just have my computer save the password and it authenticates quickly.

Good luck
    Biggastractor

Default Site

I have no problem getting on but just that I have to log in everytime by entering the SJ and my pass word & then it comes right up which I never had to before the problem with the site going down except a few days prior to the going down of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SJ View Post
    I have no problem getting on but just that I have to log in everytime by entering the SJ and my pass word & then it comes right up which I never had to before the problem with the site going down except a few days prior to the going down of it.
    Be sure to check the "remember me" box when you log in. If that doesn't work you may have installed or received an update to your web browser that disable cookies.