Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: wanted 212 grader tires 10.00x24

My problem would be finding the rims as well. No heavy equipment salvage around my area and the ones I've checked with don't have any or want a fortune. I'm not working this machine, just a hobby, so I'm on a budget.
    955H 60A
    212 grader 1R
    Farmall Super A
    Ford 4000 Industrial w/backhoe & loader
    1947 CJ2A
    1950 CJ3A
    1962 WM300 Power Wagon
    Hit & Miss Engines

Got my rims thru HOLT CAT Used Parts...in San Antonio...They have resources that can help locate parts...
    The rims I use are the safe type made to use tubeless tires...
    I only maintain my lane and our community ranch road...
    A budget can be adjusted to buy needed parts...

Quote Originally Posted by CarlsCAT View Post
    I use 11.2 x 24 8pr Titan tires...tubless...mounted on rims off a CAT 112...with no problems...
    Do I understand you correct? The wheels (drive) for a 112 and a 212 are interchangeable? That being the case, I think I will start looking for a set.

There is much to be learned on this forum!
    I'm not afraid of hard work; I can lay down beside it anytime and take a nap.

Yes sir...The lug bolt pattern of the CAT 212 and CAT 112 are the same...The only difference between them is the CAT 112 rims are wider than the CAT 212 rims...I have made previous post about this...which may have more information ...Please refer to them....
    The CAT 112 rims have the newer safer locking rings...AND, tubeless tires can be used with them...Which is what I have...11.2x24 Titan 8pr Tubless R1 tires...I could not mount the 11.2x24 tires on the old CAT 212 rims...The rims were just too narrow...So, after looking at, and measuring the rims on my CAT 112, looking at the parts manual for the CAT 112, I started looking for a set of rims from a CAT 112...Like I said, I got my used rims from HOLT CAT Used Parts in San Antonio...Now, there are different makes of the 11.2x24 tires...I just happened to find a real good deal on a set of 4 TITAN'S at the time...ONE THING TO REMEMBER...8pr tires have the load range for the grader...6pr tires DO NOT...considering the CAT 212 weighs @ 14,000#...
    Now, I sandblasted, primed, and painted my CAT 112 rims...Took tires and rims to my local tire dealer that handles truck and tractor tires, and had them mounted...My dealer showed me that my tires were tubeless, and the rims were made to use tubeless tires...The rims have two piece locking rings, and will use an O-ring on the rim to seal the tubeless tire on the rim...Oh, and a tubeless valve stem is also installed on the rims...Easy mounting for all 4 tires...
    So, I recently added to my lane...some crushed limestone road base,...using my CAT 212 to spread and smooth it out...This afternoon, I spent 4 hours on my CAT 212 grading our community ranch road...which is a mile and a half long...gravel, crushed limestone road base, and some crushed granite...making 3 round trip passes...Sooooo, there you have it...If I can do it at 75,...anyone else can do likewise...
    Finally, Call Dana/Florin in Sacramento...He just may have a set of CAT 112 rims...Mind...rims are not cheap,...but used ones are a lot less than new ones...
    Respectfully, Carls Cat...

Thanks! I thought I understood correctly, now to look for some rims.
    I'm not afraid of hard work; I can lay down beside it anytime and take a nap.

You might check with General Gear in Boise, Idaho...They have a lot of CAT machinery...
    Respy, CarlsCat...

Default Front tires?

CarlsCat

We have a 1953 112 with the 9.00 x 24 ribbed front tires. We need two new ones. Do I understand that the 11.2 x 24 will work for the front or only the rear wheels?

JanM

Wellllllll, Sir,...
    My CAT 212 9T2508...has 10.00x20 wheels on the front...They are some old retreads...that need to be replaced...I'm looking for a couple of good truck tires to replace them...This grader has the 11.2x24's on the drive wheels...
    My CAT 212 9T4057...has 11.2x24 Alliance tube type tires on the front...They work just fine...This grader does not have power steering which can make it difficult to turn if not moving...Otherwise, no problems...
    So, 11.2x24 tires will probably work on a 112...in place of 13.00x24's...They're less than 2 inches narrower...
    Respy, CarlsCat...