Thread: Question

Default Question

Good morning;
    I,ve been a "junior" member for several years. I am not a computer expert; just the basics. How come all of a sudden I must log in every time?
    Thanks, Packrat

Default Logging In

Packrat, it,s been the same for me for close to a couple months now & I don,t know why either.It,s like they don,t trust us anymore isn,t it.It gets to be a pain having to type in all the info. each time you try to get on the site.Also I think everyone should be required to post where they are from on both sites by the way. Some don,t put anything and some puts some crazy thing on like anywhere USA and the like.They post & want to sell something & they could be a 1/2 a world away from you.I am not ashamed where I,m from and others shouldn,t either.Just my opinion.

I log on from several different computers. On one I have to put in my login and password often. With the others the board always recognizes me. I think it is a computer specific thing. Maybe try bookmarking a different page or try dumping your cookies.

Tom

I have the same problem but I know why. I use several different spyware programs that remove "cookies". The cookies hold your log in information. That is the price I pay to not have all the spyware on my machine.

Are y'all checking the "remember me" box at the login screen? If you are, then take a look at how your Internet browser is storing or handling cookies. If it doesn't take or save them, or you clear them each time, then there's nothing to validate you on the site when you return.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Black View Post
    Are y'all checking the "remember me" box at the login screen? If you are, then take a look at how your Internet browser is storing or handling cookies. If it doesn't take or save them, or you clear them each time, then there's nothing to validate you on the site when you return.
    Joe, I have had to log-in on this Board from the very beginning. I have "Remember Me" checked and my browser saves the cookies. I wouldn't mind if my user name and password would pop up when I open the Board and I could just click on "Login." As it is, I have to start typing my user name for the user name and password to pop up. All the other boards work fine.

Thanks.