Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Submerged Cat Marine 12 Cylinder

Default Engine

Instead of scrapping the engine and getting enough for a six pack, why not part it out?

Plenty of boat engines have sunk and lived to work another day, might be worth a try. My experience with fish and game, water quality and the likes on salvaging sunk boats, trucks, is they go after the owner of the vessel or truck for liability, if it is an accident and the owner is on top of it, they are not too bad, but if they think you could have prevented it and just let a sunk boat sit there and F&G or the Coast Guard has to clean it up, you might as well declare bankruptcy and move to a non extradition country.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Thanks

Hey Josh,

Thanks for the posting.
    Glen

Default NOT your boat and only helping out.

Hi, Glen.
    Got your business in the hands of the liquidators and your plane ticket to Ecuador booked yet?

Then again, if you don't OWN the boat and you are only helping to salvage it, they may just let you off while they go after the 'big fish' - - - - - - then come back for you.

Never mind, M8. I promise that I will come over and personally deliver a sandwich and a coffee to you while your view of the outside world has those nasty vertical lines in it. Might hafta wait until Santa Margarita next year though. LOL.

Just be ABSOLUTELY certain that Mary Ann doesn't have any oil or fuel leaks before you take her to the seaside.

Just my 0.02.
    Last edited by Deas Plant.; 11-29-2015 at 10:16 PM. Reason: extra information
    You have a wonderful day. Best wishes.

Deas Plant.

just dont let the 8 get wet, because she doesn't have her bikini on.
    the price of scrap i would try and save the engine, if nothing else take it San Margarita for show and tell as a novelty .

Quote Originally Posted by 7upuller View Post
    Hey Josh,

Thanks for the posting.
    Glen
    Looks like I have a fair amount of stuff on that engine, if you do decide to save it, I can send you high quality scans direct and you can print out ones as good as the originals, this web site won't let me post high quality images.
    When I have dealt with F&G on these recovery's they have been pretty easy on the people doing the salvage, they understand things are going to get a little roughed up, they just want it out of "Their" waterway as soon as possible.

Default NO Bikini?????????????????????

Hi, Caterpillar 13.
    Maybe you had best go take another look. Mary Ann does have her bikini 'on'. Look over my left shoulder at the fuel tank.

Just my 0.02.

Deas Plant.

Default Helping

Hey DeasPlant,

I'm surprised at your comments. I didn't expect such a reaction about someone trying to Help. Others may be correct, comments can be harsh at times.

Default Only Joking.

Hi, Glen.
    Sorry if I have offended. I was simply 'extending' Josh's comment about F&G or the Coast Guard coming after people whose messes they have to clean up. No offense intended. From what I know of you, your intentions would be 110% honorable and you will have done your homework.

I hope that your plan works well and that we can all read, "Mission Accomplished" here soon. Just don't take Mary Ann swimming. She may have 'big feet' but they weren't designed for walking on water..

Just my 0.02.

Deas Plant.

Sounds like Deas has spent alot of time in the California legal environment...

I would recommend that you get all the written legal "releases of liability" that you can before you start, and maybe have your lawyer review them.

But it does sound like a fun project to me. And my Dad has a neighbor that rebuilt a Cat D4 that spent a month or more at the bottom of Puget sound, he had it running fine a week after it came up and it worked well for many years after.

Greg