Thread: Question????????

Default Question????????

What's with this screwy [B]"HYBRID VIEW"[B] showing up at the beginning of the posts?

Default Not sure.

I'm not seeing anything like that. I wonder if it might be something in your user settings got changed, or perhaps a browser or operating system conflict.

My threads all appear the same as they have for the past several months.

Can you do a screen shot of what you're seeing? I assume from your description that you're getting some notation in bold about Hybrid View at the beginning of each thread?

Pete.

Default Settings.

In your Settings (reached by the link at the upper right corner of the screen) there is a General Settings link. There, about halfway down the settings is a selection for Thread Display Mode. Choices here are by pull down menu and include:

Linear - Oldest First.
    Linear - Newest First. (My favorite)
    Threaded.
    Hybrid.

I wonder if your setting somehow got switched to Hybrid.

I switched mine temporarily to Hybrid and my threads displayed with a box entitled "Hybrid View" with a little tree of the thread above all the words I'm used to seeing. Perhaps this is what happened.

I switched mine back to Linear - Newest First. and my views went back to the way I'm used to seeing them.

Hope this helps,

Pete.

Ok, switching to Linear-newest first took care of it. Don't know why it changed, wasn't by me!!!!

Default Good to hear.

Must be Walt or some gremlins poking around in our settings. I guess sometimes a bit just gets flipped to see if anyone is paying attention.

Pete.

Default WHAT did you say?

Hey Pete,

I think I will feel picked on...

In all seriousness I like you poking fun at me, BUT frankly I have never looked into that area of the BB System so you see, you are at one up on me...
    So, thank you Pete Bloom, I have learned something, WOW! a treasure for sure.

Now I must try to NOT have a ripper wheel fall off at Santa Margarita like last year. I am still embarrassed about that.

I KNOW better than that (to keep pulling an implement that is needing some mechanical attention...).
    Walt D7-3T

No longer have my D7-3T. Plan to buy a D8-2U & D8-13A in future.

Now, I no longer have access to the D8-2U and 13A.

Also, I simply LOVE Kitty Cats. Had 19 at one time. Not quite as many now.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt D7-3T View Post
    Hey Pete,

I think I will feel picked on...

In all seriousness I like you poking fun at me, BUT frankly I have never looked into that area of the BB System so you see, you are at one up on me...
    So, thank you Pete Bloom, I have learned something, WOW! a treasure for sure.

Now I must try to NOT have a ripper wheel fall off at Santa Margarita like last year. I am still embarrassed about that.

I KNOW better than that (to keep pulling an implement that is needing some mechanical attention...).

One thing that could be said for you Walt. You put the shank deeper in the ground than anyone else. Seems to dig quite deep without the wheel to hold it up. Although ripping at a 45 degree angle was a new one on me. Maybe we need someone watching you, only with a black flag instead of a white one. LOL
    1937 Cat #11 tandem auto patrol,diesel, w/plow and wing, 6K506SP, 1937 RD 4 Ag Crawler RD5356, 1939 Cat 22, 1952 Model 212 Grader 9T03427, 1953 2U D8 Dozer 2U20751, 1961 922A Rubber Tired Loader, 59A812, LeTouneau LS Cable Scraper, Cat/Lincoln 600 AMP Dual Welder, DW-21 Cat Scraper