Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Peltzer Auction This Saturday 10-28-17

Default Peltzer Auction This Saturday 10-28-17

The Doug Peltzer Auction conducted by Aumann Auctions takes place this Saturday in Porterville, CA. The highlights for we Best, Holt and Cat guys are:

1. https://bid.aumannauctions.com/view-...le-reg%3D16602

2. https://bid.aumannauctions.com/view-...le-reg%3D16602

3. https://bid.aumannauctions.com/view-...le-reg%3D16602

There is also a really good running 212 grader, Serial number 19 that has a replacement 4U engine, a really straight standard gauge orchard Cat 22 that is loose with the spark plug cover and the correct CT 4 Mag with coupler and a really straight Cat D4 7U 12XX orchard model that has been sitting in the barn for in excess of 30 years. Pictures of these 3 pieces will be up on the website this week. For the complete Auction listing of some really nice and rare steel wheeled tractors and some of the rarest early Deere tractors go here: https://bid.aumannauctions.com/view-...sale-reg=16602.

I hope to see a lot of you at the sale this weekend.
    BEST TRACKLAYERS ARE #1

I'm sure the First Class Quality Veerkamps will swipe the crawlers up, us rogue collectors or restorers dont have that deep of pockets, plus we dont have full time paid mechanics to do all the bull work.

Were the 3 Cats that you mentioned part of the Pelzer collection? Or outside additions to the sale? I might have to let my fat fingers do the walking on this one.....BTW, I collect IH also, so let the truth be known! JM

Hey Juiceman, your place out towards Sutter City way? My Dad's heritage homesteaded out on Pass road in Sutter eventually on both sides and the quarry. (Now Caltrans yard). Main ranch house was the "Stone House" on left just when road straightens.

Rome

Matt and Doug have a couple nice 75ís, several 60ís and Best 30ís so I doubt they will be there.

Juice, the Holt 75 came from the Arthur Blair ranch in Visalia. Doug bought it in I believe 2006. The Best 30 was a local tractor that DOUG bought probably 10 years ago. The Cat 60 originally came out of Nevada through a prominent collector in No. Cal not named Veerkamp. All nice tractors.

Juice, there are a couple nice IH tractors including a really nice 8-16 slope nose, 4 nicely restored grove tractors and a few others.

I hope to see several of you guys this weekend.
    BEST TRACKLAYERS ARE #1

Default Fine Tractors.

I was there a few weeks ago and spent all of last weekend helping move out and line up tractors. Everything I saw there is from Doug's collection.

You won't find a finer group of tractors. Nice variety, many restored, many barn fresh (the way I like them) and some ready to restore or provide good parts. I believe I counted over 90 tractors. They run heavy to Deere, with almost every tractor I know of well represented, many with interesting variants.

The orchard and grove IH tractors are spectacular.

The tail seat D4 is excellent. I've lingered over that tractor for probably twenty five years.

We exercised the Seventy Five, adjusted the clutch and it is running like a top. We fiddled a bit and got the Avery 40-80 and the Aultman Taylor running well, too.

It was an honor to be able to help out in some small ways. Sometimes I feel sad at auctions because it feels a bit like picking through someone's underwear drawer. In this case, while I miss Doug, I feel very happy. He really enjoyed all these tractors and enjoyed sharing them, having them at shows and having them running. I believe I've seen most of the complete and restored tractors in this auction run myself over the years.

I know Doug will be looking down on that yard on Saturday, enjoying all the people there enjoying his collection. I also know he will be very happy to see these tractors go to homes where they'll be enjoyed, run and taken to shows for others to learn from.

This one still has a bit of bitter for me, but it is definitely way more sweet.

I don't care what your core interest is, there will be something here to interest you. The setting, at Doug's shop, behind his home in a lemon grove on the side of a hill is spectacular and just the kind of place these tractors should be seen. It is their natural environment.

If you have a chance to come, this auction should be a special one.

Pete.

Nope Rome, not planning to attend. The 75 is all yours!

Thanks, but no thanks! lol

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalTerry View Post
    Hey Juiceman, your place out towards Sutter City way? My Dad's heritage homesteaded out on Pass road in Sutter eventually on both sides and the quarry. (Now Caltrans yard). Main ranch house was the "Stone House" on left just when road straightens.
    NCT: we are spread out Sutter County closer towards the Tudor area; I've been by the areas you mentioned; the stone house is unique. My family has been in the area since the 50's. My mom still lives on one of the original properties in Yuba City. My "test track" is almost in the middle of town.

Hey GP and TM: are you two baiting me to buy the tailseat D4? Lol. I need to see some pictures!

Default Pictures.

I'll get you photos, should be up there tonight. Its a really nice, unmolested original tail seat. Looks like it used to have a No. 44 on the front, I can see the driveshaft in the hole under the radiator. It was torched off for some reason, but the tractor is really nice.

Pete.