Thread: For Sale - 1950 8U Cat D6 Dozer and Adams 1948 Pull Grader

Default For Sale - 1950 8U Cat D6 Dozer and Adams 1948 Pull Grader

Both Dozer & Grader were owned by my 98 year old father-in-law who passed away in late September of this year. He used them on his timber-farms located Northwest of Metamora, Illinois. Several years ago, thieves broke into one of his machine sheds and stole several parts off the dozer and grader.

1950 D6 Dozer - The thieves stole the cowl over the top of the radiator, and the battery. In addition, my father-in-law at the time stated that they also stole an item from under the tractor, but none of the family can remember what he was referring too. This is a cable-controlled tractor (S/N 8U-3113) that is equipped with a No. 25 cable control rear double drum (S/N 9D12709)) specifically designed for pulling a scraper. The link assembly rails are badly worn. Tractor has rebuilt track shoe grouser bars, new Berco rollers on one side and rebuilt rollers on other side, one rebuilt idler, sprockets good, both final drives rebuilt with one having new hub, steering clutches checked fine, new clutch plates & cable for dozer lift, both engine (including oil pumps) and pony motor rebuilt approximately 20 hours ago.
    Asking Price: $2,000

1948 J. D. Adams Pull Grader - The thieves stole the nose frame & the hitch coupler that had been fabricated to allow hookup to a 3-point hitch. Rest of grader is in good condition. Asking Price: $600

Contact Information: Bob at 309-253-2575 or Email: BLmurphy@mtco.com

IMG_3091.jpgIMG_3105.jpgIMG_3110.jpgIMG_3111.jpg
    Last edited by BMurphy; 11-11-2017 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Listed asking price

Default where?

It really helps to know your location, this stuff isn't exactly tossed in the bed of a pickup so shipping can be a factor for some to consider purchase.

309 area code is western central Illinois area including East Peoria.

Sometimes I can't remember my own phone number Gary, lol. No way I am going to know all that. Thank you.

Default 318 cat

what are ya asking for the cat?

Default Location & Asking Price

As stated in the description, the D6 is located Northwest of Metamora, Illinois. Both the D6 and grader are in a farm machine shed and have always been stored in a shed. Metamora is approximately 12 miles Northeast of East Peoria in Central Illinois on Route 116. For further location info you can Goggle Metamora, IL or refer to MapQuest for exact location of Metamora. Our asking price for the D6 is $2,000.