Thread: Santa Margarita 2017 Revisited

Default Santa Margarita 2017 Revisited

Happy Holidays everyone - may 2018 bring us all health and happiness.

I have been trying to label the multitude of photo's I have taken this past year. Unlike all of our Cats, my digital camera has no governor on the shutter button, Santa Margarita was no exception!

Attached are some photo's I have tried to downsize and converted to Black and White. Just a few that I think everyone may find something of interest.

I owe special thanks to Mr. Tom Madden, Mr. Chad Enyeart, the Bloom Family (Baker Bandits?), for bringing me into the world of ACMOC Members. Thanks to many others, too many to name here but no less important to me.

Stay Safe -- Keep 'em Crawlin'

CTS (john garbutt)

IMG_8642.jpgIMG_8577.jpgIMG_9172.jpgIMG_9134.jpgIMG_8746.jpgIMG_8899.jpgIMG_8945.jpgIMG_8636.jpgIMG_8504.jpgIMG_8469.jpgIMG_8453.jpgIMG_8387.jpgIMG_8379.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumb Holiday greetings

Nice black and whites CTS....thank you for taking the time to photograph and edit SM 2017. We should make you one of the official club shutterbugs!
    Best wishes for everyone this holiday season, and forward. Everyone please be safe, but be sure to make quality time with family and hobbies...JM

Thanks for posting these John, top notch!

BP
    Holt 45 power unit, Two Ton, Sixty (2), Diesel 40, No.11 AutoPatrol, 4G D4, 9U D6, 17R D6C, 9G D7, 7M D7, DW20.

Default Very Nice.

Those are some great shots. We're glad you and your family have joined our little community.

Where else but Santa Margarita could you get a fairly wide shot with over a dozen machines pictured and nothing man made in the shot built later than about 1920. Some of those look like an outdoor Con-Expo from 100 years ago.

Looking forward to seeing you again there, enjoying and documenting.

I'd love to see a color version of the one with Emily and Meghan on the Diesel Seventy Five and Wooldridge being push loaded by JR Ponte on the D9H. I hadn't seen a shot of that anywhere yet. We didn't get any.

Pete.

Hello!

I'm in charge of the Best of the West website for Santa Margarita Ranch, and am hoping I might use your photos for the 2018 site?

Please let me know who I can credit as well!

Cheers.

The B&Ws are a nice touch. Did you shoot them with the camera set that way or did you convert them after?
    Jim Allen
    Keeping the Good 'Ol Days of Four Wheeling Alive

Default B&W

Jim, Very easy to convert afterwards - if you shoot B&W, you can not make them color far as I know, at least not with my level of in-ability!
    CTS

Default Santa Margarita Ranch Question

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Margarita Ranch View Post
    Hello!

I'm in charge of the Best of the West website for Santa Margarita Ranch, and am hoping I might use your photos for the 2018 site?

Please let me know who I can credit as well!

Cheers.
    Sent you PM -- cts

Great pictures as always John. Thanks for posting for our enjoyment.
    1937 Cat #11 tandem auto patrol,diesel, w/plow and wing, 6K506SP, 1937 RD 4 Ag Crawler RD5356, 1939 Cat 22 2F5429, 1952 Model 212 Grader 9T03427, 1953 2U D8 Dozer 2U20751, 1961 922A Rubber Tired Loader, 59A812, LeTouneau LS Cable Scraper, Cat/Lincoln 600 AMP Dual Welder, DW-21 Cat Scraper, DW-10 dump wagon/water wagon

Default Thank You, Sir.

Hi, CTSnowfighter.
    Thanks for sharing. Those are all great photos and the B&W lends a whole new dimension to them.

Just my 0.02. Thanks again.
    You have a wonderful day. Best wishes.

Deas Plant.