Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo op from St. Jude’s Truck Show

Cool Photo op from St. Jude’s Truck Show

5th annual show was Saturday. Full house, the lot was packed:
    Pictures of friends new, old and young...
    Thanks for the participation!
    CTSnowfighter dreaming of his days on a 3J...
    Little Raphael R. Jr., likes the D2....
    Amber just loves Caterpillars and Peterbilt trucks...a woman with great tastes!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice Cats , wish I could have made it . That is a great show

Default Launching position??

Cts, is that the optimal position for a successful launch???

Thanks for the pictures JM

Bruce.
    Two Ton, Diesel 40, No.11 AutoPatrol , 4G D4, 9U D6, 44A D6B, 17R D6C, 9G D7, 7M D7, DW20, Sixty.

Default Launch

No such risk on this D2 -- it was securely chained down, those rubber fenders made nice foot rest and in the warm sunshine, Nap Time! Even had cushions on the seat!
    Thanks JM - Great Show, Great Day!
    cts

You can always tell a Peterbilt owner, cuz they don’t include their truck in the picture even at a truck show. Trailer looks good! 😂

Love Staying focused

Quote Originally Posted by Oil Slick View Post
    You can always tell a Peterbilt owner, cuz they don’t include their truck in the picture even at a truck show. Trailer looks good! 😂
    Slick: When a cute gal comes up admiring my iron, I have to stay focused on her.....when she says wonderful things about my Caterpillars, it makes my heart pump fast...the heck with the truck!
    I won’t share publicly the cute photos of her inside my truck; (sorry)😿
    I have a funny story to share as well, maybe some consider it a near death experience....
    I never took into consideration how she got to the show; I was later introduced to her boyfriend by a buddy; he wasn’t too keen on meeting me, as apparently he saw me embracing and spending a bit too much time with his woman....oops! To make matters worse, we all ended up at the same after party that evening; no shortage of “stink eye” from him that evening LOL.
    Being the gentleman that I am, I made sure I exchanged contact info in case she needed me, as she didn’t exactly care for riding in his antique FreightShaker.
    Oh, some truck pics because I know you want to see them.Lol

Man those single drives must be nice to ride in!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Such a gentleman LoL

I’ve never spent much time in a 2 axle truck. I would think a 3 axle would ride smoother. Which one you like best G?

Quote Originally Posted by Oil Slick View Post
    Such a gentleman LoL

I’ve never spent much time in a 2 axle truck. I would think a 3 axle would ride smoother. Which one you like best G?
    The longer hoods, sleeper and wheelbase help; weight added to the rear, I.e., the tag axle attachment you see on #10 makes it really nice.
    My favorite truck is still #111, which is an older 2004 with a sweet C-15 CAT engine. I wish I had never had the poor truck neutered for CARB. The dealer for the Diesel Particulate Filter could not fit one on within the guidelines of anything over 500hp. The truck previously had an ECM tune of 680plus horsepower, which was verified by every CAT dealership that ever plugged into the port.
    As difficult as it may sound, we had a 1975 Peterbilt 282 cabover 2 axle truck that rode just as good as any of my long hoods. It only had a small cam Cummins, but that thing was tight!
    That truck is with the new owners flagship colors; a well known trucking company from local; the man started his 50myn per year fleet with a truck almost identical to this one. As sad as I was to sell it, fortunate to have it go to a very good owner, which only takes it to truck shows and parades, hence, the Historical plates....

Default Juiceman's Ride (s)

Having never been bitten by the "truck bug" I can only attest to the pride these folks take in their equipment. Such fine care and a polish that makes a mirror look dull!

JM - your personal ride #10, such a beauty!

The D2 with those SPECIAL fenders, at least they make it more difficult to get on and off - as if those tail seats were fun to begin with. Big feet, long legs, and you wonder why I have such special "love" for the 3J? Serial Number Tag -- 5U was different from any I have seen. Photo - I cut off the last digits -

The 4U with the Be-Ge pump, nice setup. I did notice the ending of serial number -- SPG -- SP being Special Parts - what is the G stand for? Was that a special D2 made for "GEE"?

Thanks JM -

CTSIMG_1775.jpgIMG_1772.jpgIMG_1778.jpgIMG_1779.jpgIMG_1782.jpgIMG_1781.jpg