Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #40 scraper serial numbers?

Default #40 scraper serial numbers?

Hi gang: I have misplaced my reference materials regarding #40 scraper can serials and build dates. Could someone please help me out here? Thanks. JM

Speaking of Cat 40 scrapers, I have been giving mine a hard workout lately... Nice and useful piece of equipment. It will make my 7U pull down pretty hard while topping off the load.
    D-4 7U-43159 with 4S dozer and Cat 40 scraper, D-7 3T-1179 with Cat 7S hydraulic dozer, D-7 17A 13,944, D-8 14A-1160 with Cat 8S cable dozer, Cat 12-99E-4433 Grader. All runners and users.

#40 numbers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumb Thanks Josh!!!

Thanks again Sir! Iím saving your list for future reference. You saved me from sleepless nights and anxiety attacks.
    Check this beauty out!!! Aside from weathered tires which still hold air, this thing has zero cracks/extra welds/butcher marks etc! Only bad thing is, itís not for sale! LOL.

I think some one likes to dangle the carrot.

Default cat 40

JM That one wasn't for sale 12 years ago either, but it would look good pulled in tandem behind the D4D

Default Stories

I am friends with the current and former owner of this one. Talk about well preserved! I want it!!!

I wish mine had that style hubs and rims on it. That is a nice 40 for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeG View Post
    I wish mine had that style hubs and rims on it. That is a nice 40 for sure.
    My 40 has the same style hubs and wheels. What does yourís have? I wanted to trick mine out with super singles in the front/rear on machine finished aluminum drop center wheels, but that was just a dream....
    Iíve seen some with regular 2 hand hole steel Buds wheels and one with the fancy aluminums that I yearn for. I guess as long as they have tread and hold air, it shouldnít matter. JM

Mine has the solid rims with 21 inch tires on them. The only way to remove the rim is to pull the hub, sort of a pain in the neck really. These tires are tubeless, I put tubes in 2 of them, need to do the other two as they leak down after a year or so. I have used it a little since I got it but use my cable machine much more. I have a D4 tractor that I want to set up just to pull this thing and it will see more time, I suspect as my boys get older too it will get more use. I was very lucky to find it, even luckier the previous owner wanted to sell it to me.